Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photos of where you swim

• 23-03-2016 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Well, one of my goals for the year is to actually go a bit more often into the sea since last year was the first year I swam in water colder than 18 degrees or so (I'm coming from Croatia) so it was quite a shock when I got into 13.3 degrees as part of my first Irish triathlon. With that in mind it would be nice to see some of your swimming areas so please share n:)

Today I went to a cliff nearby Dalkey with a colleague from the company and took a fast dip (legs for more than a minute, body in for 10 sec or so :rolleyes: ) in 8.3 degree sea - was a real shocker, but legs loved it actually so I plan to go for a short dip once a week now with first swims (in swimsuit, obviously :D) probably round middle of May. Actually, this week I'm visiting Connemara so I might actually jump into the ocean for a bit :P

12294686_552997034877586_5758709250337716653_n.jpg?oh=867b4fb09006ac041736c941b05cb584&oe=578F364F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ocisorrenta

Hi Aces,

I had the opposite experience to what you are having last year as I visited Croatia for the first time; I have never, ever been in water so hot. It was actually too hot for me! I went in August and it was probably nearly 30C in the water, and a lot hotter outside - so I still spent all my time swimming.

If you have not swum at Portmarnock or Malahide, you should try it - lovely sandy beaches and views up there.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Hi Aces,

I had the opposite experience to what you are having last year as I visited Croatia for the first time; I have never, ever been in water so hot. It was actually too hot for me! I went in August and it was probably nearly 30C in the water, and a lot hotter outside - so I still spent all my time swimming.

If you have not swum at Portmarnock or Malahide, you should try it - lovely sandy beaches and views up there.

Cheers,

Thx for the tip, they look lovely on pictures :) - I was doing some plunge pool session lately but plan to return to sea jumps next week :)

Yeah, it can be rather hot there, but I hope you liked the views and sea in general (really clear if you've been choosing your swim locations wisely :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Sandycove.

image_zpsoknqifsr.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭bradnailer

Bannow Bay Wexford

IMG_20160516_143313_zpskbzlfr9s.jpg

10min from home "Happy Days"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Have swum (is this a word?) in Enniscrone - wetsuit, Fanore, Lahinch in shorts and Dromore Woods lake also in shorts this year so far. Must start getting pictures!

• Advertisement

Killiney beach - my usual spot when I'm on my own - met a bunch of Triathletes few days ago + due to nice weather it's actually quite crowded these days...
    Killiney.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭secman

Cahore .. from little beach on left of photo to Pier to the right , just out of view ,and back.. nice and sheltered.... no real difference in tide levels.

Empty beach in the morning, and extra clear sea (taken 2-3 weeks ago :) )

image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

[IMG][/img]121sbuu.jpg

Myrtleville this morning.

Sea still pretty warm, aiming to keep going till spring, in just swimmimg togs. Temp will drop quite a bit by March so we will see!

Very popular with locals with about 15 swimmers about this morning in the 30 mins I was there.

Lovely safe beach

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

40ft today. Great to swim into huge waves coming at you on way to 3rd buoy. Photo doesn't do it justice. Flew back from 3rd buoy, pic is at 2nd bouy. Wave was on it way in while photo was taken,

image_zpsoakglpho.jpeg

• Advertisement
Advertisement