Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sea Swim Lessons

• 10-08-2011 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I am looking for a swimming teacher for my dad.

He can already swim, but would need to improve. He wants to swim regularly down at Seapoint and was hoping we could find a qualified swimming teacher who would be happy to teach him in the sea.

Grateful for all feedback!

Thanks,

Sarzo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kris71

I would dis advise taking swimming lessons in the sea. I know that generations of swimmers learned this way but there is a few good reasons why next generations came up with a swimming pool concept. 1 safety 2 comfort would be the main ones.
    40 minutes of drills in 17C water would repel a polar bear from swimming in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SarzoMcDarzo

Thanks Kris,

I know! That would be my feeling, but he is keen to get out into ocean.

He actually can swim, so it might not actually be lessons he's after so much as a sea swimming club.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing in Seapoint?

Thanks,

Sarz

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kris71

there is a good few sc that would be training in that area, but its really hard to call it lessons &)

Advertisement