Today, 09:48   #4021
Tenzor07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijmegen View Post
The stay on MHQ places is real public sector incompetence writ large. They expanded the list but didn't have hotel rooms available so paused the bookings? In a city famously short of hotels.
The Zero Covid Lobby has really sent this Government into a spin bringing in the MHQ, even Simon Coveney's brother has spoken out about it:

https://twitter.com/patrick_coveney/...62554130825216
Advertisement
Today, 11:02   #4022
Jack1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijmegen View Post
We don't have definitive evidence as to whether or not vaccines stop the spread of covid
Christ what planet are you on?? Provide the evidence to support the statement that vaccines are allowing transmission please.
Today, 11:27   #4023
L1011

General discussion of stuff like vaccine efficacy needs to be taken to the main COVID forum
Thanks from:
Today, 11:29   #4024
haphaphap

Nijmegen would have you believe that every immunized person is a Typhoid Mary.
If there were any meaningful risk then flu shots would have been banned as they'd be spreading the flu, not protecting from it.

This is the level of disinformation that is being pushed on the general public.

edit: posted while moderation note added at the same time.
Thanks from:
Today, 11:44   #4025
Blut2

Cork Airport to close for 10 weeks to allow major runway reconstruction -- https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...tion-1.4537022

It makes logical sense to do the runway work this year while traffic is down, but I really can't see this helping to attract business back to ORK. In the time its closed I'd imagine a lot of what remains of its traffic will migrate permanently to DUB.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
Today, 12:49   #4026
Nijmegen

I can't really respond or discuss the vaccine stuff, except to say that the science is developing and policymakers are clearly changing their views based on that evidence as it emerges and their response as it impacts on the aviation industry. As the swings and roundabouts on various vaccines prove, this is a moving target and certainties are not in abundance. Personally I do think some measures are less effective than others but I also have sympathy for policymakers who are having to make decisions in a fast moving environment versus the certainty that people in various industries and just at home would like.

EasyJet has announced they plan to run 20% of their normal schedule between April and June and then see an increase over the summer, banking on vaccinated Brits getting to travel around Europe for their holidays. https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ea...085203147.html

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion