Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

salmocab wrote: »
    I know I could go digging on Ryanair website and through my booking for this but if anyone has any up to date info as we’re thinking about what to do with the summer plans.
    Had flights booked for last may to canaris and in April pushed them out to July of this year. Not overly optimistic on them happening so would ideally like to push them onto October. What way are they currently dealing with this sort of thing? It’s 2 adults and 2 kids, can we change them for a fee and if so how much would that be or is it a case of tough sh1t if the plane goes so does your money.
    Cheers all.

We had flights booked last year for beginning of june, obviously that didbt happen, so got the flights changed to this year. Same time. Was starting to panic that it wont be safe to fly in june, and I'd be out €2000 if they run the flight, but thankfully they cancelled my flight, I just happend to be checking my flight info and seen it had been cancelled, they didnt send me an email. So it gave me the option to change flight or be reimbursed, I chose the money. Hopefully I'm not waiting too long for it to come into my account.
    So you never know, they may cancel your flight on you! Have a look and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Just noticed the same thing except for late July, so opted for the money too, they have done well with the very expensive flight change fees for Canary Islands, presumably they don’t refund those??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

We've just had our Tenerife flights cancelled,and opted for a refund.
    2 issues...
    1.€400 of the booking was made on a card number that no longer exists(lost card and got a replacement)
    2.€900 was making use of a voucher from a previously cancelled flight.
    Will I get a 1300 cash refund,and where will they pay it to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

They will reactivate the voucher with the 900.

The 400 should find its way home to your new card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Tzardine wrote: »
    Very frustrating day with Ryanair today.

In November I booked flights to Spain for this coming June. It looks like travel is not going to back to normal by June, so I decided to change them. Ryanair advertised the flights as changeable with no change fee. Tried to change them online and they wanted 180 euro.

Contacted customer care and they told me the flights are not free to change and that this only applies to flights travelling by the end of this January.

Pointed out that the terms and conditions on the website say different. (see image below).

HMLyed7.jpg

But they were having none of it. Website clearly says that if you booked before the end of January 2021 and are to travel by end of Sept 2021, then no fee will be levied to change. So my flights are clearly included right ? Nope, they denied it. They tried to tell me that "booked by 31 January" 2021 means you had to travel by the end of Jan. Absolute morons. Kept my cool, spoke to the manager, but he was just as stubborn. Told me that if I did not like it then to put in a complaint.

So I made the complaint online, asked them to review the audio from the call and the terms and conditions.

5 mins after submitting the complaint I get a response. Basically a PFO, charge applies for the change.

So I have requested a chargeback from my credit card company on the basis I have not received something I paid for ( a flight that is changeable without a fee).

Have also put in a data access request to the Ryanair DPO for any notes and a copy of the call audio.

Absolute shams.
    I have changed tactic on this, whereas I have no doubt that my credit card will do a charge back in this case, it won't give me that much satisfaction.

I have decided instead to lodge a case with the small claims court.

I have paid my 25 quid so let's see what happens. I have copies of all the correspondence, including a few emails where they clearly contradict the terms and conditions, and screen grabs from the website etc.

So an update this morning. Ryanair have conceded. They have cancelled my flight and are issuing a full refund. Will have it back in my account in 7 days apparently.

Vey quick response. It looks like they only got the notification from the small claims on Friday. And then I got the notification first thing on Monday morning to say it was sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Michael O Leary seems to have lost the plot this morning, Attacking RTE, NPHET and the world it would seem, he's still sticking to the Mantra all refunds have been dealt with, just extraordinary.

I get his frustration at being subtlety admonished for the rather callous Jab and Go advert but his behaviour becoming increasingly erratic. His tantrums are more about his share price and its farcical to suggest this guy gives a damn about consumers.

The aviation industry worldwide has been decimated and yet he seems to think only Ryanair being picked on. The bizzarely previously admired image of a very vocal Michael, really seems to be worn thin. Getting tiresome now, perhaps his colleagues might encourage retirement.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

So an update this morning. Ryanair have conceded. They have cancelled my flight and are issuing a full refund. Will have it back in my account in 7 days apparently.

Vey quick response. It looks like they only got the notification from the small claims on Friday. And then I got the notification first thing on Monday morning to say it was sorted.

Super stuff, a victory for the consumer!!

Well done for carrying it through.

I think if, like in this case, a business is found to be lying about their T&C's to their own gain, this should be escalated to a higher court/at least questioning Ryanair formally, and fining them accordingly.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Michael O Leary seems to have lost the plot this morning, Attacking RTE, NPHET and the world it would seem, he's still sticking to the Mantra all refunds have been dealt with, just extraordinary.

I get his frustration at being subtlety admonished for the rather callous Jab and Go advert but his behaviour becoming increasingly erratic. His tantrums are more about his share price and its farcical to suggest this guy gives a damn about consumers.

The aviation industry worldwide has been decimated and yet he seems to think only Ryanair being picked on. The bizzarely previously admired image of a very vocal Michael, really seems to be worn thin. Getting tiresome now, perhaps his colleagues might encourage retirement.

I totally disagree. I thought MOL was brilliant this morning, he made my day and I only hope this is the beginning of a fight back to some kind of normality this year, particularly from business!
    He mentioned time and again the daily dose of misery and negativity from RTE, the HSE and NPHET. This country is in a state of depression from the daily briefings, all of which have been News Headlines for the past year!! Its like there is NOTHING else in life except Covid.

There needs to be a daily briefing on how many vaccines have been given to people, this is far more positive than anything else and it is the way the narrative should be heading after a year of negativity about Covid. There needs to be balance in all media reporting. We have vaccines, this year will be different, we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We NEED to hear this more..............NOT how many people are infected and died. At this stage we have become desensitized to these figures and they only serve to increase the state of despondency and depression in most people.

I personally hope we hear more from Michael O Leary in the near future. The narrative of doom and gloom needs to be challenged at the very least!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 strettyend

o leary couldnt care less about covid 19 the thousands who have died or ended up in hospital. when did he become a medical expert? he has an opinion about everything and thinks he is always right. couldnt care less if he is a successful business man and has made flying cheap. he is consumed with greed and wealth and want people on his aircraft regardless of the cost to life. may ryanair lose many many more millions.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,919 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I totally disagree. I thought MOL was brilliant this morning, he made my day and I only hope this is the beginning of a fight back to some kind of normality this year, particularly from business!
    He mentioned time and again the daily dose of misery and negativity from RTE, the HSE and NPHET. This country is in a state of depression from the daily briefings, all of which have been News Headlines for the past year!! Its like there is NOTHING else in life except Covid.

There needs to be a daily briefing on how many vaccines have been given to people, this is far more positive than anything else and it is the way the narrative should be heading after a year of negativity about Covid. There needs to be balance in all media reporting. We have vaccines, this year will be different, we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. We NEED to hear this more..............NOT how many people are infected and died. At this stage we have become desensitized to these figures and they only serve to increase the state of despondency and depression in most people.

I personally hope we hear more from Michael O Leary in the near future. The narrative of doom and gloom needs to be challenged at the very least!

There was a time people got a great laugh out of MOL blunt commentary, Business journalists fell over themselves to cover him, particularly when yearly financials being released. Heck, I even admit to enjoying some of his carry on.

He's had enormous success in most things, he appears to be quite jovial and pleasant in real life and all to be commended.

Yesterday however something changed, he became quite personal in his attacks, made some outlandish statements, showed zero emphaty indeed just came across as a bitter, sad and angry soul who seems to think the world is picking on him. I think he's lost a lot of respect and in essence this latest ill judged publicity stunt has back fired and very few defending his comments.

In contrast, look at NPHET"s grown up, elegant and subtle response, essentially handing him his Arse whilst expressing personal admiration for MOL success in the aviation industry. At the same time announcing indirectly those infamous vouchers people foolishly accepted are useless (the 12 month expiry condition also another issue given legislation passed banning expiry dates on vouchers). It was a master class in rebuff and I can only assume MOL spitting in anger and bitterness.

So yes, no denying MOL past success, No denying like the entire aviation sector, Ryanair decimated, No denying MOL once was reliable for a good sound bite but sadly no denying he's become a sad shadow of what he once was and no denying that's very sad. Congratulating such behaviour is just as disturbing as the behaviour itself.

I'm doubting he will show any remorse for his disgusting lack of respect for those who lost loved one's, perhaps he might refund those still waiting months for money they are owed. Hopefully he'll get over the estimated €1 billion loss, it's Tragic, but not in the slightest bit comparable to what ordinary citizens in Ireland have lost over the past 12 months.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

Dempo1 wrote: »
    There was a time people got a great laugh out of MOL blunt commentary, Business journalists fell over themselves to cover him, particularly when yearly financials being released. Heck, I even admit to enjoying some of his carry on.

He's had enormous success in most things, he appears to be quite jovial and pleasant in real life and all to be commended.

Yesterday however something changed, he became quite personal in his attacks, made some outlandish statements, showed zero emphaty indeed just came across as a bitter, sad and angry soul who seems to think the world is picking on him. I think he's lost a lot of respect and in essence this latest ill judged publicity stunt has back fired and very few defending his comments.

In contrast, look at NPHET"s grown up, elegant and subtle response, essentially handing him his Arse whilst expressing personal admiration for MOL success in the aviation industry. At the same time announcing indirectly those infamous vouchers people foolishly accepted are useless (the 12 month expiry condition also another issue given legislation passed banning expiry dates on vouchers). It was a master class in rebuff and I can only assume MOL spitting in anger and bitterness.

So yes, no denying MOL past success, No denying like the entire aviation sector, Ryanair decimated, No denying MOL once was reliable for a good sound bite but sadly no denying he's become a sad shadow of what he once was and no denying that's very sad. Congratulating such behaviour is just as disturbing as the behaviour itself.

I'm doubting he will show any remorse for his disgusting lack of respect for those who lost loved one's, perhaps he might refund those still waiting months for money they are owed. Hopefully he'll get over the estimated €1 billion loss, it's Tragic, but not in the slightest bit comparable to what ordinary citizens in Ireland have lost over the past 12 months.
    You are a fantasist.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Since when did you become a behavioural science expert?

You are a fantasist.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Since when did you become a behavioural science expert?

You are a fantasist.

if being a fantasist means believing the status quo needs to be challenged, facts need to be faced, questions need to be answered, there is more to life than Covid, RTE reporters need to ask balanced and unbiased questions of our policitians, the CMO is not our leader and does not get to say whether we can fly or not (he is there to give public health advice).........then I am very happy to be a fantasist. (however I never called anyone here a fantasist, it was a different poster, why not challenge them??)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eh, consumer issue of any of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

Was trying to obtain a refund in lieu of voucher...everytime i fill the info on their website the information pops up that I booked via external website/travel agency and need to go through the verification which is absolute bull**** as i booked directly. Either way did that for one of my reservations just to see what happens, gave them my address as it wouldn’t go through without it and I was desperate for money and guess what? They got back to me saying they are posting me a cheque hahaha Apparently it’s from German bank and pretty much impossible to cash in in Ireland.

Any idea how to get the refund for my other booking/voucher?

Thinking of taking them to small claims court, any idea how they will refund if taken that way? Cheque as well? Assuming at least Irish one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

uli84 wrote: »
    Trying to obtain a refund in lieu of voucher...everytime i fill in their form the information pops up that I booked via external website/travel agency and need to go through the verification which is absolute bull**** as i booked directly. Either way did that for one of my reservations just to see what happens, gave them my address as it wouldn’t go through without it and I was desperate for money and guess what? They got back to me saying they are posting me a cheque hahaha Apparently it’s from German bank and pretty much impossible to cash in in Ireland.

Any idea how to get the refund for my other booking/voucher?

Thinking of taking them to small claims court, any idea how they will refund if taken that way? Cheque as well? Assuming at least Irish one?

Are you in the right place? Use the "reject voucher" option:

https://onlineform.ryanair.com/ie/en/cash-refund

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

Are you in the right place? Use the "reject voucher" option:

https://onlineform.ryanair.com/ie/en/cash-refund

Yeah, this is the link that I used.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Has anyone applied for a refund for money recently? How long were you waiting for it to be refunded to you?

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Has anyone applied for a refund for money recently? How long were you waiting for it to be refunded to you?

I just got a refund today.So about 2 weeks.

vandriver wrote: »
    I just got a refund today.So about 2 weeks.
    I got the second part of the refund,which was originally a voucher from last year into my account yesterday.
    So I'm €1300 up,with nowhere to go!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Had a voucher from last year, decided to cash it in earlier.

Used the online link....money landed on credit card about 2 weeks later (yesterday).

Every one of their social media posts gets hijacked with people still waiting for refunds.....plenty of people seem to be getting quick refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Had a voucher from last year, decided to cash it in earlier.

Used the online link....money landed on credit card about 2 weeks later (yesterday).

Every one of their social media posts gets hijacked with people still waiting for refunds.....plenty of people seem to be getting quick refunds.

Had you tried to use to voucher? My parents booked other flights which were then cancelled and they were told that the original voucher was still valid. That was due to expire in April but they've subsequently extended it to December 31. They'd be much happier to get the money back but so far I've hit brick walls with Ryanair.

Caranica wrote: »
    Had you tried to use to voucher? My parents booked other flights which were then cancelled and they were told that the original voucher was still valid. That was due to expire in April but they've subsequently extended it to December 31. They'd be much happier to get the money back but so far I've hit brick walls with Ryanair.

Nope. I had a feeling they might try and extend the voucher validity period after May when it was due to expire. I wanted the cash now as who knows when we will be flying again.

Caranica wrote: »
    This was exactly my scenario,and I got a refund no problem.

Had a voucher, was due to expire in May this year, wanted cash so used the link and money refunded to my card about 10 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭General Toilet

How do you check the balance on a voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Still waiting for a refund.

Had been sent a voucher that expired in April 2021.

Have people who opted for cash but haven't been refunded tried to use the voucher?

long_b wrote: »
    Still waiting for a refund.

Had been sent a voucher that expired in April 2021.

Have people who opted for cash but haven't been refunded tried to use the voucher?

Try applying for refund by cancelling the voucher, took less than 10 days for it to work for me.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Try applying for refund by cancelling the voucher, took less than 10 days for it to work for me.

https://refundclaims.ryanair.com/

Be aware Ryanair refund application can be canceled without any reason and you wont even be informed. I know person who applied already three times each time got informed "sorry someone canceled your application, you have to apply again"...

• Advertisement

zom wrote: »
    Be aware Ryanair refund application can be canceled without any reason and you wont even be informed. I know person who applied already three times each time got informed "sorry someone canceled your application, you have to apply again"...

They must have been unlucky I know at least 6 people that link worked for

Advertisement