Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sligo Rovers

• 23-02-2008 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

I went to my first Sligo Rovers game with my 2 year old and hubby. Great atmosphere and the wee man loved it - even getting into the shouting, singing and dancing.
    I think we'll become avid fans!!
    And they won!!

P.S Good luck with the rugby today........ may the best team win......:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Glad ye enjoyed it. I hear their new african player is supposed to be great. I am hoping to get to see some of the competitive matches with my little one as well this season. (Cripes I havent been to a match since well before I left sligo and was a youngster meself. They used to have players called "bomber savage" and the like. :eek:) To really get into the spirit ye'l have to teach yourselves and toddler the Sligo slang. Theres a whole thread about it so plenty of learning for ye. ;)
    Re the rugby, lets hope it a good one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I went to my first (and thusfar only) game last fall - it was pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing a few more games once Mr. Xiney (yeatscounty) has more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I've never been to a game ever! Must go to 1 soon.
    Where is Rovers in the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Season starting in 2 weeks , first game in the Showgrounds on the 15th March !

• Registered Users Posts: 45,809 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Sligo who?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

muffler wrote: »
    Sligo who?

Post reported.

Basquille, where are you man??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1st game vs Pats, reckon we will get our usual 4 vs you :D

woohoo only 2 more weeks till football back.

kdjac

sueme wrote: »
    Post reported.

Basquille, where are you man??
    He's training with the Harps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Sligo who?

Rovers , I believe we annihilated some so called "Finn Harps" 3-2 last night ;)

gustavo wrote: »
    Rovers , I believe we annihilated some so called "Finn Harps" 3-2 last night ;)
    How many points did you get for that?

• Advertisement

How many points did you get for that?
    Pints most probably i reckon cos as you know seasn hasnt started yet. It was a friendly!

tuppence wrote: »
    Pints most probably i reckon cos as you know seasn hasnt started yet. It was a friendly!
    That was my pint... err sorry point. Counts for sweet FA as to who win the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

That was my pint... err sorry point. Counts for sweet FA as to who win the game.

And would you have said that if the Harps won?? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

didn't get to see the whole match on friday, unfortunatly had to work, but definatly looking forward to the new season, only got to a few last year, want to get to more games this time around, hopefully we'll get a good run, and make that european spot following a few disapointing results last year

:)

And would you have said that if the Harps won?? ;)
    Oh most definitely.

When we trounce your lot I will post again with a few smileys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

I think its going to be a very good season for the Rovers. The Cookie monster has assembled a good squad of players. So now we have a good manager and a good squad, we just need to do our bit as supporters of the bit o' red and get behind the team by going through the turnstyles in big numbers every week.

There's nothing like a good atmoshphere at a packed Showgrounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I think its going to be a very good season for the Rovers. The Cookie monster has assembled a good squad of players. So now we have a good manager and a good squad, we just need to do our bit as supporters of the bit o' red and get behind the team by going through the turnstyles in big numbers every week.

There's nothing like a good atmoshphere at a packed Showgrounds!

+1
    What heart you have......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Sligo Boards Beers after a game??

Anyone interested?

Anyone interested?

A curry and a beer even!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Up the Bohs! (My footballing heart still lies in Phibsboro .. sorry!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

JUDAS

That would be a Vindaloo for the Bohs supporter then!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Only1Rovers

Bah!

Anyone interested?

are we talking about the first home game of the season, and mooneys?

MikeySligo wrote: »
    JUDAS

Surely I'd be a Judas if I supported Sligo? I've been to a few games though. Funnily enough, the coincided with the visits of the Bohs team! Well, good luck this season anyhow!

Surely I'd be a Judas if I supported Sligo? Well, good luck this season anyhow!
    Thats what they call running with the fox and hunting with the hound. :p

Thats what they call running with the fox and hunting with the hound. :p

Sat 22nd March - Rovers vs Bohs. Woof!

(you may not want to watch this again !!!!.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt7eQ0DpvJ0 )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

ya was crap match but some great goals on friday!!boco is class,hes gona be a cult hero.the season is nearly here and its really exciting,though people should go to away games too..the craic on the supporters bus is the best part of the season!cheap cider,few songs,bito football,cant go wrong.hope all ye get to the showgies,and bring a friend,every extra person helps the club!

athlone town tomorrow night (saturday) at the showgrounds, any boards beers afterwards

:)

• Advertisement

Rossibaby wrote: »
    ya was crap match but some great goals on friday!!boco is class,hes gona be a cult hero.the season is nearly here and its really exciting,though people should go to away games too..the craic on the supporters bus is the best part of the season!cheap cider,few songs,bito football,cant go wrong.hope all ye get to the showgies,and bring a friend,every extra person helps the club!
    So whats the crack with he bus? Do you have to be a part of the supporters club or something? Do you have to have your match ticket in advance to get on? Do they charge and how much? Wheres the pick up? Would they do fly bys to pick up closet fans in Leitrim! :)

Advertisement