Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi: Secret Six Thursday 2 for 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Just in Aldi there & some oul-lad near lost his reason at the guy on checkout & the manageress because they refused to give him two bottles of Bushmils for the price of one, he thought the bogof was on any one item of his choosing.

Ah God that made me laugh. Poor fecker.

Didn't think much of the Lego to be honest. A very small set and a not very exciting book. They did have other nice books and toys in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

13/12
    0VkoUO2.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

That's more like it. My OH loves those biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

That's more like it. My OH loves those biscuits.

The one offer per transaction really limits it - a lot of effort to save 2.49 if you weren't stopping by anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

I bought ten of the candles for stocking fillers, so just did five transactions of two candles at a time, nothing was said. happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

The one offer per transaction really limits it - a lot of effort to save 2.49 if you weren't stopping by anyway!

I don't really want more than two and I'm shopping in Aldi anyway, it is the closest shop to me.

Finally. €5 Prosecco 20/12
    BJcu6pS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭highdef

zell12 wrote: »
    Finally. €5 Prosecco 20/12
    BJcu6pS.jpg

Forgive my ignorance (I'm sure I'm in the wrong though) but the picture says that bottle is €9.99. How does it almost half in price? Do I need something additional, like a voucher?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

highdef wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance (I'm sure I'm in the wrong though) but the picture says that bottle is €9.99. How does it almost half in price? Do I need something additional, like a voucher?

No, it’s bogof, see thread title for Clusey:)

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Lord Derpington

highdef wrote: »

It's part of the Aldi: Secret Six Thursday 2 for 1 offer if you buy one get you get one free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Half price Prosecco five days before Xmas wont last long on the shelves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Half price Prosecco five days before Xmas wont last long on the shelves :D

Won't last long in Aldi either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

jesus, Aldi were quick off the mark...must have made an offer they couldn't refuse with the italians for the prosecco....

Reminder for 10:30 thursday
    anXIG9n.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

A masterstroke by Aldi.
    Expect queues and pics on social media tomorrow as crowds go mad for cheep booze.
    They'll have a limited stock no doubt, but it'll be so worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

They wont serve you till 10.30am, don't do what I did and que since half 8. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Was only 1 pallet of prosecco in Athlone sold out in a min. Then cue til 10.30 thanks to licencing laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Que was ridiculous in portarlington branch, it was a free for all when they rolled out the pallet, manged 2 get 4 bottles in 2 separate transactions. Some people grabbed 6 bottles and were refused at the tills. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

popped into castletroy, limerick..
    storeperson handing them out of the store to a queue of 20+
    the same amount on each till.
    I did a quick reversal outta there.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Lot of disappointed lunchtime shoppers in Aldi Eastwall... seem to have sold out by noon.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Was in Aldi anyway today so chanced my arm for the prosecco, 10:15am and not a bottle left, lots of angry people said they had been there over an hour.
    I grabbed what I needed and went to the checkout where it was full of people waiting for the 10:30 alcohol serving time. Person on front of me tried to purchase 6 bottles and was refused 2 of them, so I asked the cashier could I have them and he kindly handed them over, with a lot of fuming people behind me.

b1FQSi2.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Woah! The bottles look to be in pairs but is there one person per pair too?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ha ha Gaviscon, rennies and Alka Seltzer on the right for the next morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hope it's okay to bump the old thread.
    This is starting on Thursday the 14th again.
    No idea of what offers are on yet.

Got the t&c's
    rDNBTHF.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Well guys this is week one! €12.99. Buy one get one free.
    Plush-Christmas-Santa-A.jpg?o=UGEsnZypmNi6QNmEGi47VNz0pKIj&V=BL2Z&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77
    Plush-Christmas-Elf-A.jpg?o=haLoWpoZOlXrZrFkcX%40QHZytlykj&V=hl3p&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77
    Plush-Christmas-Reindeer-A.jpg?o=MO76GU84pPY4eqW2ICE2bs9Eg78j&V=ce%24n&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77
    Plush-Christmas-Snowman-A.jpg?o=jnDtZC1w0fRiXpz%40lZXSVfqB6e0j&V=JIaE&w=480&h=600&p=2&q=77

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lol tis silly season alright

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well guys this is week one! €12.99. Buy one get one free.

I'm sure I saw similar in Dealz way cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

What are they?

Advertisement