Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Eh, would the food not be rancid sitting all day in the Airfryer, or what would you be cooking?

Sure, he might only be gone from house for 2 hours, he hardly works there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Invincible wrote: »
    Sure, he might only be gone from house for 2 hours, he hardly works there :D

Doh!
    True enough.

My Airfryer doesn't work like that, though - the digital version requires you to set timer and temp on powering on - presumaby the analogue version does, though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Don't forget max output wattage of 2200 watts before using it for any devices !! Dont want to damage the plug !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sonoff-s26-wifi-smart-plug-socket-uk-plug-works-with-alexa-google-home-ios-android-651-wcode-dresslily-3016005

Just be aware that these are only rated to 10 amp. High current devices such as rapid boil kettles, heaters, etc... cannot be used with them.

I am surprised that they have not designed these for 13 amp devices. The previous S20 version is also only rated to 10 amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Just ordered another 3.
    No idea what I will do with them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

fuse wrote: »
    How legit is this dresslily crowd?
    3 mins after signing up for an account with them I get an email from account-security-noreply@accountprotection.microsoft.com
    titled "Microsoft account password reset". Double checked and it's not a phishing mail.

Mixed reviews really
    A good few of the positives look fake.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.dresslilly.com?page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

long_b wrote: »
    Mixed reviews really
    A good few of the positives look fake.

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.dresslilly.com?page=1

Not great but I'll take my chances.I hope we get on better than poor Fiona:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

yabadabado wrote: »
    Not great but I'll take my chances.I hope we get on better than poor Fiona:D

Her problem is with customs. But she's blaming the website!

frash wrote: »
    Her problem is with customs. But she's blaming the website!

Yeah I had a good laugh at that and it's the first post.Con Artists :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

From a glance at reviews, most are indicating cheap quality clothes..

.. yeah, no duh!

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    From a glance at reviews, most are indicating cheap quality clothes..

.. yeah, no duh!

You would be buying your bikinis off them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

I bought 6 which came to just under $69 (€60ish), will this me on the customs radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I bought 6 which came to just under $69 (€60ish), will this me on the customs radar?

Not sure who they ship with, but certainly you're liable - should have split the order in 3..

If you get on to them through your account and either cancel and re-order or ask to have order split in 3.
    I bought 2x2 @ €11.56 each order.
    How did you pay that much?

Cancel and reorder.Order 3 and then use the points from that on second 3.No customs and save a few cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Invincible wrote: »
    If you get on to them through your account and either cancel and re-order or ask to have order split in 3.
    I bought 2x2 @ €11.56 each order.
    How did you pay that much?

The coupon saving is capped at $21.33, i didn't notice until i cancelled the order and tried to reorder.

The coupon saving is capped at $21.33, i didn't notice until i cancelled the order and tried to reorder.

Use a different email address and sign up again if you've lost your discount on existing account.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

rom wrote: »
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sonoff-s26-wifi-smart-plug-socket-uk-plug-works-with-alexa-google-home-ios-android-651-wcode-dresslily-3016005

Just be aware that these are only rated to 10 amp. High current devices such as rapid boil kettles, heaters, etc... cannot be used with them.

I am surprised that they have not designed these for 13 amp devices. The previous S20 version is also only rated to 10 amp.

Is running a PC and 2 monitors attached OK for 10 amp?

Anyone know how to use the points?

I just get a message saying "You have 150 D Points (of which 149 D Points can be used for this order)."

and then an empty input box underneath.

This is on Chrome if that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

mrcheez wrote: »
    Anyone know how to use the points?

I just get a message saying "You have 150 D Points (of which 149 D Points can be used for this order)."

and then an empty input box underneath.

This is on Chrome if that matters.

type in 149 I think

• Advertisement

Adam1100 wrote: »
    type in 149 I think

groovy thanks

Yeah I just typed in the number of points and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks OP, i picked up 3 and then another 3 so hopefully the shipping wont take long.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Yeah I just typed in the number of points and it worked.

It's a weird way of doing it as normally you just have a "use your points" option (like on Amazon).

Didn't even realise that you could type in that box :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

wonder when these will ship out... im still at 'processessing'

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Ordered 3 last week, but have no idea what I'll end up using them for :D
    Wondering what would you people here be setting these up to do? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Ordered 3 last week, but have no idea what I'll end up using them for :D
    Wondering what would you people here be setting these up to do? :confused:

Ive my house kitted out with these, theres a sonoff thread over in DIY somewhere.

Set up on the ewelink app on your phone, Pair with alexa and google home, assign voice commands.

Ive my immersion, tv, electric blanket, lamps all on an app. Control them with voice commands through alexa dots or with my phone through the app from anywhere in the world once you have internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

CaSCaDe711 wrote:
    Ordered 3 last week, but have no idea what I'll end up using them for Wondering what would you people here be setting these up to do?

I'm using them just to tell people I got such a great bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

xpletiv wrote: »
    wonder when these will ship out... im still at 'processessing'

Yep, mine is still at 'processing' too. Doesn't look good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

to be fair these are a GREAT bargain, the sonoff basics are about a fiver delivered can get them and the others from ebay, (this ebay shop is just an example)

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sonoff-ITEAD-Smart-Home-WiFi-Wireless-Switch-Module-Fr-Apple-Android-APP-Control/332599444186?hash=item4d7078c2da:m:mFtlQcz6O06xiL1wij21rVw

Ive done my whole house with them, but messy having to cut lamp wires, crimping and screwdrivers, for 2.50e extra for a uk plug, this is a no-brainer.

head over to the sonoff page for ideas and help installing.

Advertisement