Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

A good book and a cup of tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I bet you're like this kind of witch though

Hahaha I'm more of the green sort ;)

Had a great night out at our staff party and a brilliant chat with one of the girls I work with. Going to miss her terribly next year!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KatW4 wrote: »
    Hahaha I'm more of the green sort ;)

You can't fool us :pac: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Too many to list... which is a happiness in itself..

Here is one!

Watching the interplay with the critters...

Cat decides the part-cooked carrot in the dog's food dish( working to get her to eat more and raw) is a wonderful toy.

So he snags it out and starts a wonderful game of "mouse" with it.

Dog of course is not happy. The carrot after all is hers.

She lears menacingly at the cat and reclaims the carrot.

Takes it to her bed and hides it. No intention of eating it; just possession. If she does not eat it, no one else is going to!

Which of course is where the expression, "Dog in the manger" comes from . But you all know that
    PS the carrot has since become smaller and smaller and finally vanished so all is well and my plot is working..

No wind.... quiet early day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Lying in bed, with nothing to worry about. No work to stress about (unemployed for a week before I start my new job!!):, no commitments made to see anyone, just lying in bed watching old episodes of Brooklyn 99. first time in a long time I've been genuinely relaxed.

Picking flowers on the lane and seeing all the rose buds etc getting bigger..Home safe and work for my hands...and feeling better for a few days of decent pain relief and sleep ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Things aren't great in general but today I get to spend Father's Day with the little fella. Perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Enjoying a fathers day breakfast in bed and having the whole day planned out for me by a seven year old. Including a trip for a 'sunday pint'!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Had a lovely deep sleep and slept well .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

SIX, yes SIX swallow fledglings landing on the phone wire over the garden, two of them trying to get the sibling beside them to feed them, their parents swooping about. And all that chattering!!! Adorable, made me sooo happy to see them! :)

EDIT: THERE'S EIGHT OF THEM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

Father's Day hugs and kisses....they keep coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Kinslee Important Saber

There’s an old old lady on my ward, she’s 90 if she’s a day and as sharp as a knife. I’m in my 20s in my pjs, feeling awful sorry for myself when she commands the help of a healthcare assistant, and got out of her nightwear, into her day clothes. She’s sitting on the chair across from me looking very put together, making me feel like a slob but it’s making me smile :) old person goals

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That reminds me of a very, very elderly lady who was in the same nursing home as my grandmother. I think she had been an opera singer, or some such, in her youth. One day, after her bath, she was sitting on her wheelchair, all dressed, including her stockings and proper shoes. She turned to a relative of hers (a niece, I think) who was visiting her, and asked her to bring her her pearls. Once she had the necklace on, she patted the pearls and said, "There! I feel dressed, now!". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

That I'm a man.....in liffey valley shopping centre and the queues for the ladies toilets is out the door......the men's on the other side is walk-in..no waiting...lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭Poochie05

There’s an old old lady on my ward, she’s 90 if she’s a day and as sharp as a knife. I’m in my 20s in my pjs, feeling awful sorry for myself when she commands the help of a healthcare assistant, and got out of her nightwear, into her day clothes. She’s sitting on the chair across from me looking very put together, making me feel like a slob but it’s making me smile :) old person goals

Well it is Sunday! Gotta look your best :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I spent 3 weeks in an orthopedic ward a few years ago, and most of the other patients were older ladies with broken hips. One in particular was amazing, used to insist on being fully dressed every day etc. I was slobbing round in tracksuits and hoodies as they were less complicated to put on and she was in full skirt suits and blouses every day.
    She obviously had a huge family as loads of them used to come and visit her every day. There was one day I had one visiting hours session with no one, and she insisted the nurse get me out of my bed, into a wheelchair And over to her to talk horses and eat chocolate with one of her grandchildren who had ponies (I was there after a fall from a horse). To say I was in awe was an understatement!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Sorry to hear you're in again Shoesday and I hope you get out soon. You've been in a lot lately so I hope they can get to the bottom of it. On the odd occasion that I'm admitted to a non-CF ward the staff soon realise it's a CF patient they have because I'm about 50 years younger than everyone else and I'm up, showered, dressed and blow drying my hair without any aid :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you're in again Shoesday and I hope you get out soon. You've been in a lot lately so I hope they can get to the bottom of it. On the odd occasion that I'm admitted to a non-CF ward the staff soon realise it's a CF patient they have because I'm about 50 years younger than everyone else and I'm up, showered, dressed and blow drying my hair without any aid :p

Says the woman who earlier admitted to not having left the house since Monday!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Says the woman who earlier admitted to not having left the house since Monday!! :D

Keeping up appearances my dear ;)

• Advertisement

Happy with a quiet day, full of good food, with the wind shouting outside. Happy at the art of improvisation we are blessed with... My tape measure is temporarily MIA but I have paper that is 10 by 8 inches .. Working a 90 inch cabled scarf again....

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Neames

My 10 year old daughter giving me a homemade card and lots of homemade vouchers for Father's day....20 in all with tea, coffee, hugs, days of relaxation all yet to be availed of. And no expiry date either. Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Finding my Andreas Bocelli cd and driving with my favourite song , Canto Della Terra at high volume , on repeat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TH at the sense of relief once a splinter is gone !

Maaann...
    I'm just so happy.

Mr M is getting an ice cream out of it since he's the hero who took it out.

TH too at the particular ice-creams, they're the oranges full of sorbet that you can get in Lidl on Spanish week, I used to have them every time we went out to the restaurant in France, as a kid, and haven't had them since ! (I'm having one for the trauma ;):p)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My laptop has given up on Windows Media Player, so I headed to the loft to find the DVD player. I cleared the thick layer of dust and cobwebs, and off it went, first go. Now I can watch my library DVD's.

Also managed to play the music on my phone through the Bluetooth in the car. OK, that's probably baby stuff to a lot of people, but I thought I was Stephen Hawking when I got it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I didn't bother closing Blinds or Curtains when I got in a couple of hours ago. And could see the Clouds moving. I know they're not really moving! But I'm odd and easily amused and I think this is awesome! They have slightly changed in formation right now and are dead still.

The big elderberry shrub by the door now has pinhead sized green berries...Delight! The gale zapped some blossom but berries there are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Sasha Thoughtless Bayou

A long full night's sleep and wakening to a sunny pleasant day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A goldfinch mammy and two babies are on my feeder .Babies are well able to feed by now but still begging mammy to be fed .LOL at mammy finch turning her back and pretending she cant hear or see them !!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I let my kids decide what we do this weekend.
    Went swimming twice, ate Pizza and McDonalds, watched football, went to Smyths, palyed video games...

It was awesome.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement