Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can anyone comment whether this would handle general internet surfing and programs like WORD/EXCEL with relative ease?

yes it would

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭lob020

I just reserved a laptop for pick up in store at the weekend,but it has just been reduced further,will they give me reduced price when I go to pick ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

lob020 wrote: »
    I just reserved a laptop for pick up in store at the weekend,but it has just been reduced further,will they give me reduced price when I go to pick ?

Got a link, i'm looking for a laptop atm.

You can always cancel the reseration and do another one at the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭lob020

davo2001 wrote: »
    Got a link, i'm looking for a laptop atm.

You can always cancel the reseration and do another one at the lower price.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7502996/Trail/searchtext%3EAcer+laptop.htm

It's not cheap.however great reviews and haven't seen it cheaper anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Yes, the reason there is hassle about the price sometimes going up is that Argos state that you have to pay the price on the day of purchase not reservation. So if the price comes down then that part of their T&C's works in your favour.

From HERE Para 4a.

For products reserved online for store pick up or any other reservation service, the price you pay is the price in store on the day of collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Yes I reserved a camera at a price and it was €30 cheaper at pick up. I got it for the on the day price as seems to be their policy in all stores now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Esel wrote: »

Does anyone here have this. I'm just a bit worried it's going to be a small one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Dimensions are on the page;
    31.5 x 28.7 x 38.4 cm
    Capacity 800 Grams
    Volume Capacity 0.8 litres

Seems fairly small to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Quazzie wrote: »
    Does anyone here have this. I'm just a bit worried it's going to be a small one.
    that is the standard size airfryer, which is fairly small capacity. You are best looking at youtube videos to get an idea of size. If mine broke I would get an XL next time, there is also now a XXL which is only a little bigger than the XL.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

Sega-does anyone manage to get one of these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭wilser

Anyone else having trouble when searching the full Argos siteon mobile?
    Tried changing browser but still get a blank page when I try and search for an item, or change the page to list 80 items instead of 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭micks_address

AKG C50BT On - Ear Wireless Headphones

https://m.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=1274676

These are the Canadian version of the Y50BT which sells on Amazon for 89 pounds.

89 euro in argos.ie or 69 pounds from

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7422227

Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 45,812 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I got 2 emails from Argos UK (Im close to the border - Strabane) during the week. One of them is a monthly voucher they send out for £10 discount and the other was for £5 as part of the Black Friday week. They are for online purchase only but the big advantage is that the items can be held for collection for up to a week and then the "fast track" system allows you to avoid the queues at the tills and go straight to a collection point.

Anyhow, got myself a fire TV stick for £30 and a 20 pack of Duracell AA batteries for £5. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

muffler wrote: »
    I got 2 emails from Argos UK (Im close to the border - Strabane) during the week. One of them is a monthly voucher they send out for £10 discount and the other was for £5 as part of the Black Friday week. They are for online purchase only but the big advantage is that the items can be held for collection for up to a week and then the "fast track" system allows you to avoid the queues at the tills and go straight to a collection point.

Anyhow, got myself a fire TV stick for £30 and a 20 pack of Duracell AA batteries for £5. Happy days :)

I got a fire stock and a 20 pack* in my local shop for €12.

* 20 Major and a lighter. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 45,812 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Esel wrote: »
    20 Major and a lighter. :)
    25's only now Im afraid ;)

Reminds me of bubbles (think it was him) on the old pre-adverts buy & sell forum where he sold someone a new CD burner for 25 quid I think and when the guy got the parcel and opened it there was a lighter in it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Basq wrote: »

I just bought the Philips one yesterday for 98 Euro!
    But that was for a present!

I might get this one for myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Prefer a smaller model.. less room to fit in press when not in use (probably 80% of time)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

None of the bigger model in stock around the Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Prefer a smaller model.. less room to fit in press when not in use (probably 80% of time)! :D

You'll be surprised, I have the regular Philips Airfryer and also got the XL one on a lightening deal and both of them never leave the n counter top as they're used daily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

If you doubt the air fryer
    You haven’t used an air fryer :-)
    Rarely use the cooker now
    On the hunt for an xl Philips myself

The internet isn’t for everyone

Smaller model probably enough for 2 people Shirley?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

OmegaGene wrote:
    If you doubt the air fryer You haven’t used an air fryer :-) Rarely use the cooker now On the hunt for an xl Philips myself

The black Philips ones have been on sale at half price pretty much every year for the past three years.
    I bought two on Cyber Monday last year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

Do Philips do a compact one like the Tower version? I'd like a smaller one as we have a small kitchen but I'd prefer the Philips brand over Tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Those air fryers any good?

I've no idea about them, are they deep fat fryers?

Is the compact one linked above big enough for 2?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

VanZan wrote: »
    Do Philips do a compact one like the Tower version? I'd like a smaller one as we have a small kitchen but I'd prefer the Philips brand over Tower.

Philips do the compact ones alright!
    Here's a link to the one that I got yesterday! :)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7594265.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,296 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Those air fryers any good?

I've no idea about them, are they deep fat fryers?

Is the compact one linked above big enough for 2?

they basically replace the old deep fat fryer by only using a spoonful of oil

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Smaller model probably enough for 2 people Shirley?

Depends if you want to cook a few things at once or just one thing
    2 people here and the regular Philips isn’t big enough for us

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Depends if you want to cook a few things at once or just one thing
    2 people here and the regular Philips isn’t big enough for us
    No stock of larger model in Sligo so will give this a shot for a while. Can upgrade later if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Skerries wrote: »
    they basically replace the old deep fat fryer by only using a spoonful of oil

But what would you cook in them other than chips/sausages/nuggets? I'm just thinking back to my youth and thats all we used the deep fat fryer for.

What size/particular model would you recommend for a family (2+4)?

You've all gotten me hooked now :p

Advertisement