Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Half price deals on Sonic Toothbrushes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

the Philips Sonicare is the exact one i got for christmas, best tooth brush i have ever used

was much cheper at christmas 55 i think

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Ah shíte.

thought it was going to be one of these:
    chinesesonictoothbrush1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have a sonicare myself and they are fantastic toothbrushes. The only disadvantage of it is if my 10 year old self finds out that 14 years later I would describe a toothbrush as fantastic he'd probably hang himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

The same Philips Sonicare is what I got and its a lot better than sonic Oral-B that I previouly owned.

Amazing toothbrush, a lot more power and cleaner teeth than Oral-B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

bogman wrote: »

No that's a different model. Btw, I bought that same one from amazon, just before Christmas for less than €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Kanedmick

kisugem wrote: »
    The same Philips Sonicare is what I got and its a lot better than sonic Oral-B that I previouly owned.

Amazing toothbrush, a lot more power and cleaner teeth than Oral-B.

Thanks guys.

Looks like Philips Sonicare HX6972/10 is currently in the lead.

Anyone else for a vote please?

Also, if you've seen it cheaper - would be much appreciated!

Wow! Major price difference here - argos.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Obviously I'm missing something, but £80 for a toothbrush?!

Seriously like, can someone explain to me why I'd need to buy on of these things?

Or the guts of €300 if you go with Argos ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Soarer wrote: »
    Seriously like, can someone explain to me why I'd need to buy on of these things?

Brush you're teeth innit...

austin_rotten_teeth.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭ando

Kanedmick wrote: »
    Or the guts of €300 if you go with Argos ;-)

It is a bargain I suppose at €100 but imagine going to the pub and telling everyone you just bought a toothbrush for €300......

insane%20insanity%20plea%20straight%20jacket%20crazy%20nuts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Soarer wrote: »
    Obviously I'm missing something, but £80 for a toothbrush?!

I thought the same thing until I got one at Christmas in the Boots sale. They really do an amazing job at cleaning your teeth compared to a regular tooth brush. The brushes last a lot longer too as it lights up when you're putting too much pressure on your teeth. You'd spend more on a night out drinking so it's hardly a waste of money :D

Smcgie wrote: »
    Brush you're teeth innit...

austin_rotten_teeth.jpg

THERE GOES MY BREAKFAST............... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

I just bought the Philips Sonicare HX5350. Can't go wrong with £25 :)

The HX6431 is only £19.99

Probably a good starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I used to have a Sonicare & now an Oral B.

The difference in cleaning is huge, the Oral B leaves my teeth spotless. I guess we all have different mouths ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Swirls

By the way, the replacement heads for the Philips ones are half-price in Boots at the moment. Or at least they were last time I was in there. Might be worth stocking up...

Advertisement