Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Olight i3 AAA flashlight £4.95

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Just had mine delivered today. Thanks OP.

Lovely little torch, nice weight to it, and several steps above the stuff you get in Deals, Mr. Price etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭Ryath

Its a great little light just a pity it doesn’t have a low brightness setting. Got a few other bits to get the free postage Got the I1R 2 rechargeable is nice has the low power setting but the battery is tiny. Got a 18650 cell and usb charger too.

There was also a RCA123 cell with magnetic charger and end cap for the S1 Baton or H1 headlamp on offer for free. Want a headlamp but it is out of stock. I’ll order it whenever it comes back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Ryath wrote: »
    There was also a RCA123 cell with magnetic charger and end cap for the S1 Baton or H1 headlamp on offer for free.

It doesn't fit the S1 Baton.
    Also the H1R headlamp, will have 100 lumens more light than your converted H1, so probably better wait until the H1R is reduced and you will have more light and a spare battery charger for a couple of quid extra.

Seen a review saying that it did but maybe it was for an older model. S1 seems hard get now anyway Mostly only the S1R is available. I probably should have ordered the H1R but then I'd have been at £70 and would have to spend the £100! It's already been expensive weekend! I'll wait and get which ever model is on offer first.

Seen a review saying that it did but maybe it was for an older model. S1 seems hard get now anyway Mostly only the S1R is available. I probably should have ordered the H1R but then I'd have been at £70 and would have to spend the £100! It's already been expensive weekend! I'll wait and get which ever model is on offer first.

It definitely doesn't fit, I have both in my hand. :D
    Also for consideration, the H2R was £57 in the sale and it's absolutely in a different league to the H1R which is the same price (non sale)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

cletus wrote: »
    Just had mine delivered today. Thanks OP.

Lovely little torch, nice weight to it, and several steps above the stuff you get in Deals, Mr. Price etc

When did you order? I ordered in the 30th Nov.
    I’m still waiting on mine but they did say Black Friday week will be slower than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

kceire wrote: »
    When did you order? I ordered in the 30th Nov.
    I’m still waiting on mine but they did say Black Friday week will be slower than usual.

Also ordered on 30th November

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Ordered mine on the 2nd, got it the 4th, I did order 2 other torches along with it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Did the little yellow plastic battery isolator fool anyone else? It took me about five minutes and a few different batteries before I realised it was there and it needed to be removed before the torch would work!

Thanks teotwawki!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

The yellow "Read Me" sticker on the plastic case said to remove the plastic insulator ;)

I got mine today, thanks OP :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Alfie1 wrote: »
    The yellow "Read Me" sticker on the plastic case said to remove the plastic insulator ;)

I got mine today, thanks OP :cool:

I'm some dope! I only opened the case enough to get the torch out. I just checked and indeed the yellow sticker is there.

cletus wrote: »
    Also ordered on 30th November
    CYHSN wrote: »
    Ordered mine on the 2nd, got it the 4th, I did order 2 other torches along with it as well.

Thanks guys. My order was only shipped today so it may be next week before I get it.

Did the little yellow plastic battery isolator fool anyone else? It took me about five minutes and a few different batteries before I realised it was there and it needed to be removed before the torch would work!

Thanks teotwawki!
    I think we all tend to just reef things out of the box and ignore the instructions! :D

On a previous torch deal I remember a guy came back onto the thread complaining that it was "dimmer than a dim thing". It was a 3-level torch and he was in the lowest (moonlight) setting not realizing there was two more :pac:

Torch arrived yesterday.
    Thanks OP.

Such a powerful little device, you wouldn't expect it.

Problem now, is I find myself checking their site daily for another torch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭PreCocious

I think we all tend to just reef things out of the box and ignore the instructions! :D

On a previous torch deal I remember a guy came back onto the thread complaining that it was "dimmer than a dim thing". It was a 3-level torch and he was in the lowest (moonlight) setting not realizing there was two more :pac:

That was me !

This time around I did look at the packaging and saw the info about the little yellow isolator disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

I remember when I got the first of these kind of torches a few years back I was stunned about the different light levels and other options they had. Previously for me torches just had an on and off button and that's all it did. With some of these torches you really need to study the manual to learn all the different button presses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Unreal beam from such a tiny torch.
    Many thanks to the OP

VanZan wrote: »
    I remember when I got the first of these kind of torches a few years back I was stunned about the different light levels and other options they had. Previously for me torches just had an on and off button and that's all it did. With some of these torches you really need to study the manual to learn all the different button presses.
    Check out the Emisar D4v2, you'd be lost without the cheat sheet ! It even has little pads so you can flash a new firmware on in the future..
    https://intl-outdoor.com/emisar-d4v2-high-power-led-flashlight.html

Anyone still looking for one, it's available again on 13/12/19

https://www.olightstore.uk/i3e-black-gift.html

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

I3e offer now expired again

But the green I3UV is now available for £1.50 https://www.olightstore.uk/i3-uv.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Alfie1 wrote: »
    I3e offer now expired again

But the green I3UV is now available for £1.50 https://www.olightstore.uk/i3-uv.html

Thanks! Ordered that one too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Don't get why anyone would want to shine a UV light over their stuff.

I've watched enough C.S.I. to know nothing good ever shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Dades wrote: »

I already got I3E so wanted this one too. For "collection" purposes. I don't actually have use for it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Dades wrote: »

It can be really useful. For example with a car coolant leak or home radiator leak. Just add a leak detection fluorescent dye into the system which shows up under UV Light.

I used it recently to find a leak in a pond.

It definitely doesn't fit, I have both in my hand. :D
    Also for consideration, the H2R was £57 in the sale and it's absolutely in a different league to the H1R which is the same price (non sale)

I'm tempted by the H2R alright especially for the extra runtime, was that price on Amazon a few days ago. Think it may be a bit on large size though. Have a silva trail runner about 7 years now still works but coating is coming of the wire. Mostly use it for running and camping. I've one of the Manker AA ones ordered so I'll wait and see how that is.

On subject of Olight bargains got the S2 Baton with holster for £30 delivered. Came with a 3400mh 18650 too even though it didn't list it! 😁 Very impressed with it it's a big improvement over the Ultrafire I got last year

Discount code OLIGHTUK45
    https://www.olightstore.uk/olight-s2-baton.html
    https://www.olightstore.uk/olight-s30r-ii-s30r-iii-s2-s2r-and-h2r-holster.html

If you don't have an 18650 charger you might want to order this instead of the holster
    https://www.olightstore.uk/olight-uc-universal-magnetic-usb-charger-for-li-ion-or-nimh.html

I'm tempted by the H2R alright especially for the extra runtime, was that price on Amazon a few days ago. Think it may be a bit on large size though. H]

The Perun seems to be the new H2R, it's an endless cycle.

Think, I need to get some therapy for my Olight addiction, before their new year sale starts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

This offer is back again:

https://www.olightstore.uk/customer/free

You need to share a link by email, fb or twitter and it gets added to your basket. £4.95 shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

This offer is back again:

https://www.olightstore.uk/customer/free

You need to share a link by email, fb or twitter and it gets added to your basket. £4.95 shipping.

Cheers - just picked up another one of these. Picked up the UV light the first time around. Build quality is def worth it for the 4.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Ordering glitch. Bit of a harmless one. It appears you don't actually have to share through FB/Twitter/email to qualify. Just click the share link and cancel. Discovered accidentally...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,316 ✭✭✭VanZan

I can see the link but then when I log in the button disappears?!?!

Advertisement