Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Stecknight wrote:
    After today I'm unable to select three phone credit to pay in Google market place, can some let me know if you are experiencing the same issue?

Mine is showing the same, but it's happened a few times with 3 on weekends, I'm not sure if they do some updating or something. Hoping it solves itself overnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Three carrier billing has stopped being an option for me. Last time I checked on Thursday it worked. Hopefully its only temporary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Stecknight

Just tried this morning and three was available again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Things I used it for

Paying for Last Pass sub for year
    Paying for run keeper sun for year
    Paying for strava premium per month

Actually while you are here, originally had set up LIGHTROOM CC on 3 bill but it was down so had to set it to PayPal. Now I can't put it back to 3 bill unless I put a credit card as my primary payment method on Google play... Any work around?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

BKWDR wrote: »
    Things I used it for

Paying for Last Pass sub for year
    Paying for run keeper sun for year
    Paying for strava premium per month

Actually while you are here, originally had set up LIGHTROOM CC on 3 bill but it was down so had to set it to PayPal. Now I can't put it back to 3 bill unless I put a credit card as my primary payment method on Google play... Any work around?

Lightroom paid for with credit would be amazing. I stopped using it because of the monthly sub but with credit would be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Excess credit with Vodafone on iOS is useless I take it bar text competitions and parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 BigDinny

fixxxer wrote: »
    Lightroom paid for with credit would be amazing. I stopped using it because of the monthly sub but with credit would be perfect.

I just tried to upgrade on my phone and it works out at €4.99 per month from my 3 credit.

BigDinny wrote: »
    I just tried to upgrade on my phone and it works out at €4.99 per month from my 3 credit.

Yah I had that working away nicely and then for whatever reason it stopped and I used PayPal and now I can't use 3 to pay anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Long shot here....Any body find a way to top up a three PAYG account from left over vodafone credit?
    Or
    vise versa.... Three credit to top up a vodafone account...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

So instead of trawling this thread looking for ideas, Has anyone complied a list of the best use of the excess credit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    So instead of trawling this thread looking for ideas, Has anyone complied a list of the best use of the excess credit?

First post in the thread is a good starting point.

Yea pretty much nothing else. Youtube premium is worth it in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

RossieMan wrote: »
    Yea pretty much nothing else. Youtube premium is worth it in my opinion.

Is it?
    Cobra Kai is the only decent thing on it as far as I can see.
    And google still haven't blocked the ad-block add-on.

Well my credit is doing nothing. I cant be arsed with the ad blocker ****ing up some of my other apps.

Depends on what youd do with the credit otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Looks like you can pay for NordVPN. But at the jaw dropping price of €90 per year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

For 7euro p/m you can subscribe to di.fm premium radio through their app. You also get premium access to their other websites/apps

Depending on the site/app you've got EDM/Rock/Jazz/Classical music, pretty good radio to stream when you don't know what to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

The Tunein Radio Pro app is another one worth considering (not to be confused with Tunein Premium). The €11 price tag is rather expensive for an App, but worth spending credit on (one off purchase) if you regularly listen to live radio or would like to record. No more annoying ads when launching Tunein or switching stations.

The Pro version can schedule recordings, which is useful if you don't want to pay for a streaming music radio service. Just schedule a recording in the middle of the night of a station that plays music, e.g. 4-6am on RTÉ Radio 1 for oldies. Many music playing stations do not have DJs or ad-breaks during the early hours of the morning. It's generally the only time I listen to live FM radio in my car such as when picking up or dropping off family for an early-morning airport express bus.

Looks like you can pay for NordVPN. But at the jaw dropping price of €90 per year....

Just on that, there is a 30e limit that you are allowed pay in credit for any app

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

I'm still hoping that someone with coding skills will do a simple/cheap app where he can sell in-app 'vouchers' for 20 euro and give us back 10 euro ( even as a vdf top up code ) ; google takes 30% and he keeps 20%

• Advertisement

It doesn't work like that at all. What about the cost of buying the voucher? If it was that simple, whybdont you do it? Or why have others closed down? The costs involved are top high to make any money on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

What's to stop someone self publishing any old piece of cr@p and using their credit to buy it on the play store? Money straight back bar Google's cut.

Old school essays etc.

Actually, they seem not to be taking any new self published authors on at the moment but maybe if you have your own 'Smelly Cat' or something sitting around a hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

So three have taken some of my accumulated credit from me, I had €100 (I think!) unused credit and now only have €85. It says at the bottom of their site :
    “If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it from expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use“
    Just a reminder for everyone to make that one call. I use my sim in a router so I’ll need to pop it into a fone and ring somebody!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

So three have taken some of my accumulated credit from me, I had €100 (I think!) unused credit and now only have €85. It says at the bottom of their site :
    “If you make at least one chargeable call every six months, you will keep your top-up credit active and prevent it from expiring. If you don't do this, your cash credit will expire after six months of non-use“
    Just a reminder for everyone to make that one call. I use my sim in a router so I’ll need to pop it into a fone and ring somebody!

damn.. €15 is no small amount in Bargain Alerts land

Price of 15 Fulfil bars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Rumple Fugly

Sh*tballs...5 second call to a meteor (eir) number = 50c!

yea do it later in the evening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Would a text work?

Yea, but most bundles give you free texts so its a no go area really.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Sh*tballs...5 second call to a meteor (eir) number = 50c!

This is where using your Three credit to buy Yolla or Viber credit is a godsend! Then use Yolla/Viber for calling other networks at a fraction of the cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Quackster wrote: »
    This is where using your Three credit to buy Yolla or Viber credit is a godsend! Then use Yolla/Viber for calling other networks at a fraction of the cost.

Don't think that will count in this instance. You need to use your Three credit to make the call to ensure it doesn't expire.

Advertisement