Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-09-2010, 10:26   #16
Gaz

Does anyone know of any partys going on in Dublin this year ? Even soemthing you need to buy a ticket for.

The googler is letting me down
Advertisement
29-09-2010, 10:57   #17
Milly33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdcore247 View Post
So I was thinking of ways to one up the neighbors this year for Halloween. I think this puts the final touch on my haunted house. I'm setting up a micro projector with some spooky videos. Here's a clip of me testing it out. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwEPzlMtgGk

Ah I like this idea, I always wanted to do something like this but weep weep I have not found me a porjector yet...

I love halloween we moved into a rented house last year and I decorated it twas great. Only thing was in the end I had to put a sign outside "Saying trick or treaters Welcome" as all the kids were not calling, I practically forced one chap and his two boys to call in...

I havent ordered from this site but will hopefully they have a good few things www.littlestarparties.ie

If your into your art and crats or just for a look this site is great, fantastic work... www.stolloween.com

Only thing in Ireland with stuff like this is the rain for when you are trying to dry the stuff out and for putting them outdoors. I made a tombstone, a few pumpkins and other bits and sealed them lots with boat varnish and well it pissed rain on Halloween nite and by the following morning they were sogging, it was must first time trying something like this so it could be trial and error too. I made the books too on this with differant touches and they turned out great..

With the party in Dublin im not from Dublin myself but my friend has organised a weekend in Kippure http://www.kippure.com/halloweenparty.htm It isnt on Halloween night but from the friday to Sunday looks like good craic
29-09-2010, 20:46   #18

Thanks Milly. I think if I put it in the window it will scare people as they walk by. I wish I knew of any parties in Dublin. Sorry Gaz.
30-09-2010, 11:48   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambuka41 View Post
Im trying to come up with some new ideas for my party, ive done the Haunted House theme, mad scientists lab, the Tarot/ séance room. Just regular halloween decorations. Now im looking for a new theme!! i was thinking Buffy but there'll just be loads of Twilight fans ruining the vampire theme!!!

I love getting lots of sweets the i had when i was young and trick or treating, like Love Hearts, candy necklaces, flying saucers. Then make rice krispy cakes, fairy cakes with pumpkins on them!!

I am sooooo excited!!!!!! So does anyone have a theme for party???
How about Grimm's Fairy Tales? The Brothers Grimm wrote practically every fairy tale you can think of - Snow White, Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel, Sleeping Beauty, Little Red Riding Hood, etc. I don't know if that's a specific enough theme but I personally find fairy tales creepy but in a good way
30-09-2010, 17:23   #20

Halloween Costumes

I'm organising a hallowen Party and am desperately trying to find a good supplier of Halloween costumes. Does anyone know where I can get halloween costumes, masks and general party stuff in Co Donegal area?
Advertisement
30-09-2010, 17:59   #21

Did you try Heatons party shops I presume all Heatons stores have them. You may be better posting in the Donegal forum.
30-09-2010, 21:50   #22
wmpdd3

Tesco will have Halloween costumes in this week.

http://www.clothingattesco.com/Hallo.../catghalloween

You can't order from here but you can see what's available.

Multiply by sterling price by 1.16 to see what the euro price will be.
30-09-2010, 22:50   #23
the_syco

thecostumeshop.ie

They have a section here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1128

Also, can deliver next day using express shipping for €4.50 I think.
01-10-2010, 09:26   #24
rubadub

€2 shops have stuff, some had surprisingly good full overhead masks last year.
Advertisement
01-10-2010, 18:07   #25

Costume ideas???

I was thinking dinosaur, prob make it myself because all ones I've seen on the internet are kids! Having trouble deciding how to make the head though?? Any suggestions?
Or other ideas?
Trying to stay away from the typical girl (aka. slutty) costumes!! Really want a kinda funny or cool one!! All help would be much appreciated
01-10-2010, 23:18   #26
antocann

yeh euro2 have some decent masks in ,
got 2 good ones the other day got me brother to hide in the attick and scared d ****e out of me lil sister ,
best 4 euro i ever spent
01-10-2010, 23:30   #27
Bigtoe107

http://www.partymad.ie/ Seems like a good selection of stuff.

Last edited by Bigtoe107; 01-10-2010 at 23:31. Reason: Fixed link
02-10-2010, 17:43   #28
Banned

Best Halloween Costume Website Ever (For Men & Ladies)

Not sure how I came across this site but oh my god emmmm...

http://www.yandy.com/

For the MenFor The Ladies
03-10-2010, 08:09   #29
candy-gal1

Halloween!

Decided to start a Halloween thread, dont think theres one already, am not sure if its in the right place here but anyways im getting in the spirit of things

You can put your costume ideas, halloween plans, fave halloween songs, etc.

03-10-2010, 21:29   #30

i wanna go halloween mad at xmas.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion