Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bikram Yoga

• 21-09-2011 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭

Hi I am starting a course in Bikram Yoga down in Fairview next week.

I was wondering as to how long a class is and is there advice you can give to an absolute yoga novice.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

never been to fairview but they are usually 90 mins long. Some good info here for your first time http://www.bikramyoga.ie/. Enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Mr Marri

Bring 2 x 1 litre bottles of water, one for class and one for straight after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Mr Marri wrote: »
    Bring 2 x 1 litre bottles of water, one for class and one for straight after.

Best not to drink water during class. Drink a lot of water throughout the day. Then a litre after class.

For first time, your only goal is to stay in the room. If you feel like you can't go on kneel down and breathe through your nose. Or lie down for the rest of the class.

It will take a few classes to acclimatise to the heat.

Good luck!

Namaste....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Thanks everybody

How about frequency would it be advisable to go everyday, would I have to build up to that, would that be injurious to the body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Mr Marri

No physical reason why you couldn't go ever day, but it can be pretty tough going. If it was me I'd aim for twice a week, but we're all different so give it a go and see how your body responds.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

4leto wrote: »
    Thanks everybody

How about frequency would it be advisable to go everyday, would I have to build up to that, would that be injurious to the body.
    Mr Marri wrote: »
    No physical reason why you couldn't go ever day, but it can be pretty tough going. If it was me I'd aim for twice a week, but we're all different so give it a go and see how your body responds.

I'd go as much as possible.

Bikram says do 60 days straight and it will change your life (well take a rest every Sunday).

If you can go 5 times a week you'll feel great! Glod luck!

Namaste.

Advertisement