Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lost parcel - Who is responsible

• 26-10-2019 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I ordered some stuff from Lifestyle sports. They used Nightline as their courier.

The parcel was due to be delivered this morning. On the tracker it says delivered with the note "porc h". There was nothing on the porch, or the neighbours porch. Honestly can't believe it.

Who should I be getting my money back from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Go back to vendor.
    It’s they you have your contract with, they chose the courier and they are responsible for interacting with the courier.

I’m Not sure what needs to happen regarding deliveries. There’s an increasing problem of incorrectly delivered parcels going mission as a problem of people receiving parcels and claiming they are not received.

Couriers leaving parcels without someone signing at the door are leaving themselves open to complaints, yet with people out working it’s hard to get a signature

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Mokuba wrote: »
    Hi,

I ordered some stuff from Lifestyle sports. They used Nightline as their courier.

The parcel was due to be delivered this morning. On the tracker it says delivered with the note "porc h". There was nothing on the porch, or the neighbours porch. Honestly can't believe it.

Who should I be getting my money back from?

Your contract is with lifestyle sports. Contact them first and see what they say. They can follow up with nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Have you contacted lifestyle yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Have you contacted lifestyle yet?

I've emailed both, I managed to make it through to Nightline on the phone after ages of holding, who said that the driver couldn't be contacted but they texted him to say to call me urgently.

Was just wondering who is ultimately liable for this i.e who I should be pestering to get my refund as quickly as possible.

Was actually looking forward to this stuff. Really annoying tbh. Ruined my day already.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lifestyle are your point of contact and the responsible party

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

It may be hidden around some where - do you have a wheely bin? It could be in there - or some other hidey place. Surely a note saying porch is a bit stupid as you’d have to walk by it in your porch to get the note

Sinus pain wrote: »
    It may be hidden around some where - do you have a wheely bin? It could be in there - or some other hidey place. Surely a note saying porch is a bit stupid as you’d have to walk by it in your porch to get the note

The note is on the tracker. Sorry if there is confusion, there is no evidence that they were ever on my property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Ruined my day already.

Were you at home all day waiting for the parcel so you could sign for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The note is on the tracker. Sorry if there is confusion, there is no evidence that they were ever on my property.

That’s not what he asked. Check wheelie bins or around the side or similar

easypazz wrote: »
    Were you at home all day waiting for the parcel so you could sign for it?

I'm not really sure what you are getting at here.

No they texted me at 6am to say it was going to be delivered between then and 8 this morning. I was awake in the bed around the time it was supposedly delivered. There was no knock or doorbell ring or anything.

They marked it delivered at 07:40 or so. It's not where they said it was, therefore items that I have paid a decent chunk of money for are now missing. It's hardly going to give me a spring in my step is it.

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    That’s not what he asked. Check wheelie bins or around the side or similar

I know. There is no wheelie bin available to him. I have checked everywhere around the house. I was walking around the estate for 15 minutes looking at porches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

No they texted me at 6am to say it was going to be delivered between then and 8 this morning. I was awake in the bed around the time it was supposedly delivered. There was no knock or doorbell ring or anything.

They marked it delivered at 07:40 or so. It's not where they said it was, therefore items that I have paid a decent chunk of money for are now missing. It's hardly going to give me a spring in my step is it.

Thats different then, sloppy from them. Contact the vendor, if they cant find it you get your money back. Worst case scenario you do a chargeback on your card and you get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I’ve had parcels marked as delivered before and they weren’t - but were marked delivered to keep within delivery times (amazon prime) it may be dropped in later - I’d be back on to them to get the delivery driver to ring you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Simple really, product not received by you. Leaving a parcel on a doorstep is not delivering it.
    Don’t engage anymore with Nightline, simply tell lifestyle sports that you didn’t get it. It’s their problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Did you pay me debit or credit card? A credit card company will reverse the transaction for non delivery.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ted1 wrote: »
    Did you pay me debit or credit card? A credit card company will reverse the transaction for non delivery.

Jumping the gun, wayyy too early to be doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Any update here? I'd say the parcel arrived did it?

Advertisement