Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laptop for Software Dev/Programming

Options
  • 20-01-2020 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, so I have done a search on this and a lot of the results have bought up people looking for recommendations on laptops in the 750€+ range. I am not in a position to spend that money on one at the minute, max spend would be around the 450€ mark.

I'm starting a course in software development which will involve coding and programming. Besides that it will get typical office use with Word/Excel and the like. Mobility is not that important, I don't mind if it's a little bulky. Warranty not a huge issue as long as it's got one. Have always used Windows, so I would be more inclined to one that runs it.

I wouldn't consider myself a dunce when it comes to tech, I'm just looking for some help from those who are more experienced and knowledgeable!
    I understand RAM is a key component and an SSD? Thanks for any help and suggestions on a purchase.

Comments

Advertisement