Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

I didn't claim it was in their airspace, like within 12 miles or whatever the legal limit is. I gave my opinion stating that for all intents and purposes, if an Irani surface-to-air missile can hit a US drone, then it's effectively in Iran's airspace. I didn't make some grand legal argument regarding it. It's my opinion and I would imagine it would be the opinion of 330 million Americans if Irani planes and submarines were 15 miles of the coast of Miami.

The drone operator in his office deserved the shock of his screen going black. It should hopefully upset him enough that he can only eat half his Big Mac for lunch.

You are effectively saying that if Iran can hit something that is legally within a neighbouring countries airspace then you are saying they can shoot it down. Complete BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Yeah an amazing country for sure. Must be the reason millions upon millions of people flock there every year on holiday :rolleyes:

We've a leftie idiot of a woman as a parent in my kids school class. Always going on and on about Trump this, Trump that, America is a country of warmongers etc... the usual leftie sh1te and yet where has she took her family on holidays twice in the last 5 years, yes rights right Disneyland Florida. :pac:

Imagine if the US weren’t an empire. Florida would still be there. Lesson of the story is there’s no contradiction in what she is doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

New York Times claimed a US bombing of Iranian targets was to take place after 7pm US time on Thursday. Politicians and military were informed.

Destroyers were in position and planes were in the air ready to go. Trump called it off.

Reports now Trump has send a letter to Iran via Oman an attack is coming and he wants talks to prevent it.

It hard to tell if Trump bluffing Iran and trying to get them to negotiate.War could also be imminent and he trying his best to stop it?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-iran-usa-oman-exclusive/exclusive-trump-warned-iran-via-oman-that-u-s-attack-was-imminent-called-for-talks-iranian-officials-idUSKCN1TM0UZ?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

smurgen wrote: »
    What if iran fly drones over the U.S? Would you have the same concerns vis a vis the U.S shooting it down?

Russia and China regularly do it , Russia fly's across the majority of European countries and here and nothing is shot down through various agreements ,if this drone was downed in international waters and airspace its by international law considered an act of aggression

jackboy wrote: »
    They haven't been attacked. Iran are doing all the attacking (tankers, drones, Syria, Yemen etc). The US have been very restrained as they don't want an escalation. There is a limit though.

If you believe the news reports Trump has provided deadlines to Iran. Trump claiming an attack is imminent and demanding negotiations. Reminds me of the Bush deadline to Iraq.

We got very close to war last night if you believe the New York times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/world/middleeast/iran-us-drone.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

Gatling wrote: »
    Russia and China regularly do it , Russia fly's across the majority of European countries and here and nothing is show down through various agreements ,if this drone was downed in international waters and airspace its by international law considered an act of aggression

In a non provocative manners they may fly.

So you think the American drone was out researching the fish farms which are jointly owned by Eye Ran and Norway ?

You sound like a war monger yourself, with a name like Gatling I'm sure it's somefink to do with gun's....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

So has the Saudi U.S. military attacked Iran yet?

Maybe when Iran is wiped off the face of the planet we can finally start the real war of Israel and Saudi Arabia against each other.

So has the Saudi U.S. military attacked Iran yet?

Maybe when Iran is wiped off the face of the planet we can finally start the real war of Israel and Saudi Arabia against each other.

Sunni Vs Judaism.....

That's probably where it'll end.

My ten cents are on the Judasim side they're annihilate Saudi

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Alpha_zero

The drone shot down is high tech and designed to evade Surface to Air Missiles, and it was shot down by an Iranian produced system.

Limited strikes would seem ill advised as Iran would have to retaliate.

If you believe the news reports Trump has provided deadlines to Iran. Trump claiming an attack is imminent and demanding negotiations. Reminds me of the Bush deadline to Iraq.

We got very close to war last night if you believe the New York times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/world/middleeast/iran-us-drone.html

Art of the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What sickens me is it's all about money at the end of the day. Those pushing for this haven't freedom or democracy in mind. Israel wants to wipe out Iran, Trump and pals are interested in what deals they can get into if the region is opened up for their brand of business, meanwhile many Americans and Iranians will be slaughtered and likely we'll end up with another Iraq and possibly Israel stealing more surrounding lands for 'security' while everyone is distracted.
    I think Trump hasn't the neck to start a war but can be persuaded, what with his fragile ego and greed. I can't see the Iranians bowing to U.S. aggression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

There seems to be an inevitability about this. You can go back to 1980 since the hostage crisis the Americans have been waiting for their chance to attack Iran. Now they've got a total lunatic in power where starting a war with a major nuclear power wouldnt be a surprise to people. The wars in Iraq, Syria, Yemen etc have just been precursors to the main attack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The Americans should be mad that their drones cost 180 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

He probably called off the strike because they told him, he would have to stay in all weekend with no trips to the golf course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Situation not looking good tbh. This could get messy very quickly indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Lux23 wrote: »
    He probably called off the strike because they told him, he would have to stay in all weekend with no trips to the golf course.

Ha. Good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

There seems to be an inevitability about this. You can go back to 1980 since the hostage crisis the Americans have been waiting for their chance to attack Iran. Now they've got a total lunatic in power where starting a war with a major nuclear power wouldnt be a surprise to people. The wars in Iraq, Syria, Yemen etc have just been precursors to the main attack

They've been meddling in Iran for years... No wonder they hate them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,026 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I think I'd be staying away from U.S. embassies and anything that represents an Americanism worldwide for a good while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Let's not forget the USA shot down an Iranian airliner killing 290 in 1988 in international waters. Flight number 655.

The USA response was less than sympathetic, so I have little sympathy for their loss of 1 drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

There would be a lot of dead yanks floating around in the Persian gulf now if Trump had attacked Iran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Trump should declare war on Commander John Bolton and tell him to go back to Gilead where he belongs. He should never be in the government in the first place: probably lost out to Joseph Fiennes for the role of Commander Fred in Hulu's TV series. Never fear, John Bolton and his moustache star as Commander Fred in the graphic novel version of The Handmaid's Tale!!

Art of the deal.

Strikes are on standby according to officials. This is Trump we talking about and he can change his mind in hours and give the go ahead.

But if you believe him the US military was just ten minutes away from striking Iran last night and letting the missiles fly.

There hints in his tweets though his line of thinking. Trump keen to stop Iran building a nuclear weapon. Iran intention to increase enrichment has increased the likelihood of a strike. Only way war will be averted if Iran negotiates.

If more Tankers are hit with explosives or other incidents happen in the region. Trump will have no choice he have to react.

Scary part, no country in the middle east will escape it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Someone in the American regime thinks they are Ernst Stavro Blofeld and think they can get Iran and Trump to war. John Bolton, the Saudis, Netanyahu? These cretins will attack oil tankers and will fly drones into Iranian airspace (and then pretend they were in international waters much like Eliot Carver, another Bond villain, did in a similar way to try and start a China/UK war). Let's hope Trump isn't as foolish as we think and cops onto this James Bond-meets-The Handmaid's Tale plot that is going on. SPECTRE and Gilead are real and have major influence on the American regime at the moment.

Someone in the American regime thinks they are Ernst Stavro Blofeld and think they can get Iran and Trump to war. John Bolton, the Saudis, Netanyahu? These cretins will attack oil tankers and will fly drones into Iranian airspace (and then pretend they were in international waters much like Eliot Carver, another Bond villain, did in a similar way to try and start a China/UK war). Let's hope Trump isn't as foolish as we think and cops onto this James Bond-meets-The Handmaid's Tale plot that is going on. SPECTRE and Gilead are real and have major influence on the American regime at the moment.

It's not the US first rodeo trying to cover up spy planes in someone else's airspace...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960_U-2_incident

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

FFS, will you stop posting **** that happened 60 years ago as if it had some relevance to today.

Every country in the world has covered **** up in the past, including Ireland, so quit acting as if the Americans are the only ones ever to do it.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

FFS, will you stop posting **** that happened 60 years ago as if it had some relevance to today.

Every country in the world has covered **** up in the past, including Ireland, so quit acting as if the Americans are the only ones ever to do it.

Their cover ups are relevant to this thread. It’s a pattern of behaviour.

Let's see we have a country with a long history of false flags and lies to start wars, invade, kill thousands, WMDs, gulf of Tonkin etc etc. and now we're expected to believe this horsesh!te, yep I'd say its very relevant considering the many lives that could be lost, US propaganda is not as effective as it used to be... With good reason

• Advertisement

Strikes are on standby according to officials. This is Trump we talking about and he can change his mind in hours and give the go ahead.

But if you believe him the US military was just ten minutes away from striking Iran last night and letting the missiles fly.

There hints in his tweets though his line of thinking. Trump keen to stop Iran building a nuclear weapon. Iran intention to increase enrichment has increased the likelihood of a strike. Only way war will be averted if Iran negotiates.

If more Tankers are hit with explosives or other incidents happen in the region. Trump will have no choice he have to react.

Scary part, no country in the middle east will escape it.

Iraq will be a mad hatter's tea party compared to a war against Iran....it will be such a **** storm.
    Sunni's Vs Shi'as, Judasim Vs Shia, then the Scorpion will about turn and it'll be orthodox Vs Rome and the Anglican countries...

The atheists ie China will prevail and help rebuild the world and whomever will survive will pay for it. Dearly

Advertisement