Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VW e-Golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Yes but they have given an official quote and monthly price based on it....even he checked the Leaf and it seems to be same error

Sounds like a mistake. Maybe EV's are new to them and they dont know they need to subtract the grant or something.... time to pickup the phone I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

KCross wrote: »
    Sounds like a mistake. Maybe EV's are new to them and they dont know they need to subtract the grant or something.... time to pickup the phone I'd say.

To be fair he asked me and he might as well have asked the wall....I had no idea....

I thought all they got was 3800 off :p:p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

Got asked a question and no idea how it work....

He is looking to get an eGolf off company car scheme. At the moment he has got quoted the following numbers
    Standard eGolf: 40,995
    Executive eGolf: 44,495

According to the eGolf price book the car should e
    Standard eGolf: 45,995
    Executive eGolf: 49,495

Now maybe I am wrong but are those numbers wrong? it looks like the reduction of 5k but should another 3800 come off that or am I talking nonsense.

They quote it at this price because that’s the price the finance is worked off. The 3,800 for a company buying it comes off after the finance price. It was the same craic for me when I got my egolf except I had the 5k and I used that basically as part of the deposit value.

Mupchease wrote: »
    They quote it at this price because that’s the price the finance is worked off. The 3,800 for a company buying it comes off after the finance price. It was the same craic for me when I got my egolf except I had the 5k and I used that basically as part of the deposit value.

Not sure I understand, I told him to ring them

The company car is provided by a large lease company....so it is not the company itself buying the car and handing to him.....if you know what I mean? I have the same in my company.

Little bit of interesting information. Something I wasn't aware of

Companies have a max of 200k from SEAI. As the lease company is quite large they have used this up so the SEAI grant cannot be used for the car purchase. This is seemingly a issue with a number of lease companies and they are trying to work it out with SEAI now.....

In other words, 20 years time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Little bit of interesting information. Something I wasn't aware of

Companies have a max of 200k from SEAI. As the lease company is quite large they have used this up so the SEAI grant cannot be used for the car purchase. This is seemingly a issue with a number of lease companies and they are trying to work it out with SEAI now.....

In other words, 20 years time

So were they trying to hoodwink your buddy by not disclosing upfront that he would be forgoing a €5k grant if he chose them as his lease company?

KCross wrote: »
    So were they trying to hoodwink your buddy by not disclosing upfront that he would be forgoing a €5k grant if he chose them as his lease company?

As a company car it would be 3800

No idea if they are trying to hoodwink...he just rang them and asked.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi all,

Contemplating upgrading my leaf for an e-golf.

Any recommendations of where to look? It makes sense to me to look in the UK with no VRT

Leaf 161 tekna with very good SOH

Thanks,
    Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

What's your budget? How much do you expect to get for your Leaf (24kWh?) in a private sale?

unkel wrote: »
    What's your budget? How much do you expect to get for your Leaf (24kWh?) in a private sale?

Ideally sell the leaf to drop a year or two for a UK golf and remain cost neutral but I could be dreaming.

24kwh tekna

• Advertisement

You know there is a 2015 eGolf for sale by one of the regulars in here? :)

It will probably cost you more than you can get for your Leaf, but there wouldn't be a huge difference in it.

unkel wrote: »
    You know there is a 2015 eGolf for sale by one of the regulars in here? :)

It will probably cost you more than you can get for your Leaf, but there wouldn't be a huge difference in it.

I was looking for it and couldn't find it actually

Ad probably expired. PM Shefwedfan

He'll be along shortly anyway :p

GaryCocs wrote: »
    I was looking for it and couldn't find it actually

I wouldn't rush into buying anything..... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭FaganJr

I wouldn't rush into buying anything..... :-)

Did you sell that golf?

FaganJr wrote: »
    Did you sell that golf?

No I took it down

It might be back up soonish

No I took it down

Cool, might up my budget from a pesky Leaf ;)

Cool, might up my budget from a pesky Leaf ;)

You won’t regret it. Test drive both and you will struggle to get back into the leaf

Mupchease wrote:
    You won’t regret it. Test drive both and you will struggle to get back into the leaf

Ha, maybe? I haven't bought anything yet, so the world is my Oyster at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

No I took it down

What was the asking price as a matter of interest??

• Advertisement

Ha, maybe? I haven't bought anything yet, so the world is my Oyster at the moment

Dont listen to them, the leaf is great :rolleyes:

The phone app has been updated on iPhone I can only assume it would have been updated on android too for the upcoming ID as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

GaryCocs wrote: »

I was looking at it alright. Would cost a nice few euro to fix but it’s half the price of one here. I’d be very weary of it though.

Not sure I would bother with crashed car at 14k, looks over priced to me.....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I test drove an e-golf this morning in a very significant main dealer. Compared to other garages the salesman, he didn’t push the car on me at all compared to any of the others. I had lots of questions and it was like he wasn’t sure what I was in about. I don’t know if salesmen know much about EV’s at all.
    Anyway, was very impressed by it, just felt much nicer than any other one I’ve driven. Would have liked a longer drive (5mins) so am going to go to another garage to look again. I didn’t even get time to go through the computer on it to compare it to any others I’ve tried, when we got back to the garage the salesman was back in the garage while I was checking out the boot space!!
    Only negative compared to others is the price, they are an awful lot more than a leaf for a less specced car.
    Think a trip across the water to buy an ‘18 one is on the cards, will save me nearly 15k on a new one.

The current 0% finance deal is nice and all but surely the price needs to start coming down.

When you configure this with the required extras that come as standard in eNiro for instance it actually comes in more expensive for basically half the range.

Lovely car but way overpriced in the current scheme of things.

Batesy wrote: »
    The current 0% finance deal is nice and all but surely the price needs to start coming down.

When you configure this with the required extras that come as standard in eNiro for instance it actually comes in more expensive for basically half the range.

Lovely car but way overpriced in the current scheme of things.

It is the only mainstream electric they have to sell till the ID.3 comes out. Don't expect the price to reduce anytime soon.

The factory for the eGolf is producing more cars than ever and they are sold out in rest of the World. Ireland has a few knocking around but check in US/Europe and they are ordered in.......

They’re doing really well then.

I got up close to an executive edition last night with all the extras. Really eye catching.

Went home and configured it and it is €42,000

I’ll be looking to buy in 2020 but the eNiro beats the eGolf hands down in terms of value.

Lovely car but couldn’t justify the cost for the range.

• Advertisement

Batesy wrote: »
    They’re doing really well then.

I got up close to an executive edition last night with all the extras. Really eye catching.

Went home and configured it and it is €42,000

I’ll be looking to buy in 2020 but the eNiro beats the eGolf hands down in terms of value.

Lovely car but couldn’t justify the cost for the range.

I was in VW yesterday and they are still selling them, not as many as last year but ok for the amount of stock they have.

Yes it is overpriced for what it is but with VW selling them and no other option they wont reduce, expect reductions once the ID is released but that will be next year

Advertisement