Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL Super Weekend Savers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Quackster wrote: »
    Just been in to do my shopping and grabbed a box of that wine at half-price. Store was nice and empty too. Happy days!

That wine is a steal at that price.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

At €6.99 very drinkable, at €3.49 even better :D.
    Shop tomorrow, wine or toilet rolls :confused: decisions, decisions ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I got the bin liners, lots of them. The offers weren't out as normal, altogether, but got what I wanted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 u1navxomlkrjq7

Anyone know if there are offers on this weekend, can't find head nor tail of them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Anyone know if there are offers on this weekend, can't find head nor tail of them online?

Well they are closed on Sunday and I don’t think they are on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

There are no offers.
    We should be grateful to Lidl for all the offers for years, for being open,keeping shelves stocked and not increasing their prices in these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

There are a few things in the online leaflet and here are the big brand savers from Thursday

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

No offers this weekend, nor any meat/fruit/veg offers
    Completely understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

zell12 wrote: »
    No offers this weekend, nor any meat/fruit/veg offers
    Completely understandable

Sorry to be ignorant - why is it so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I would guess something like not wanting to pressure their suppliers to produce more than usual to create enough stock for the offers.

On the other hand, it looks a little weird that Lidl are the first to stop special offers on the essentials, and instead doubling down on shelf-stable branded foods...

• Advertisement

uli84 wrote: »
    Sorry to be ignorant - why is it so?

the weekend offers are designed to get people into the shop with the aim for them to buy other items and hopefully a weekly shop, as it stands with the pandemic the way it is lidl has a queue outside everyday so they can hardly be running weekend specials

i think the specials on fruit and veg will continue but not be advertised but i could be wrong, i will ask my neighbour when i see her next

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

They must finally have run out of Hunky Dorys and toothpaste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

maudgonner wrote: »
    They must finally have run out of Hunky Dorys and toothpaste.

I actually burst out laughing last week when shopping - had never spotted their own version Howdy Doodies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,078 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

2 striploin steaks for 4 euro. Great value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I actually burst out laughing last week when shopping - had never spotted their own version Howdy Doodies :p

They're not great - Aldi's Okey Dokeys are closer to the real thing.

They're not great - Aldi's Okey Dokeys are closer to the real thing.

I don’t think anyone would tell the difference in a blind testing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

whelan2 wrote: »
    2 striploin steaks for 4 euro. Great value

Price of a big mac or a pint if you're lucky.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone would tell the difference in a blind testing

Haha, no, genuinely the Lidl ones are harder and slightly different.
    The Aldi ones are pretty close to be fair in texture and flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Haha, nom genuinely the Lidl ones are harder and slightly different.
    The Aldi ones are pretty close to be fair in texture and flavour.

Don't largo (tayto and hunky dorys ) make the Aldi ones?

Think they do, that would explain the similarity.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    Don't largo (tayto and hunky dorys ) make the Aldi ones?

They do indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Any deals going this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Any deals going this weekend?

There not advertised from what I can see unless they’ve something in store.
    They didn’t even let me know what the story with them was.

Not a weekend deal but a deal never the less

Not a weekend deal but a deal never the less

I'd say those strawberries will sell well seeing as they come from a family farm in Kildare.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

They'd sell well anyway. The Keelings drama will be well forgotten by most quick enough.

They'd sell well anyway. The Keelings drama will be well forgotten by most quick enough.

It’s only a drama because people have too much time on their hands, can’t see too many locals willing to pick punnets of berries for 20c a go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I'd say those strawberries will sell well seeing as they come from a family farm in Kildare.

If they are big enough to be supplying Lidl you can be sure they are using seasonal migrant workers too as are all commercial fruit farms. They have been doing it for years

It’s only a drama because people have too much time on their hands, can’t see too many locals willing to pick punnets of berries for 20c a go

Yeah, the Minister for Health, the Chief Medical Officer and the Taoiseach have nothing else to be doing only being dramatic about ordering an emergency review of airport restrictions during a pandemic.

Sound.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the Minister for Health, the Chief Medical Officer and the Taoiseach have nothing else to be doing only being dramatic about ordering an emergency review of airport restrictions during a pandemic.

Sound.

The only reason those people are talking about it is because busy bodies with nothing better to do are making a drama out of it on social media and calling joe Duffy and the like being outraged
    Fruit farms all over the country use migrant workers and if that’s a problem then don’t buy it or start a thread in after hours lol

Advertisement