Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-02-2021, 21:51   #16
davidsr20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 755
Athenry looks rite in the firing line
davidsr20 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
16-02-2021, 21:54   #17
Donegal Ken
Registered User
 
Donegal Ken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 248
Most likely be a Rainfall warning issued with a mention of some sleet and snow for a time in places.
Donegal Ken is offline  
16-02-2021, 22:30   #18
davidsr20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donegal Ken View Post
Most likely be a Rainfall warning issued with a mention of some sleet and snow for a time in places.
Wow thanks lol
davidsr20 is offline  
17-02-2021, 08:21   #19
Villain
Registered User
 
Villain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 15,480
Th difference across models on this is very interesting!
Villain is offline  
17-02-2021, 09:07   #20
pauldry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,787
Ninja Sleet now forecast bar mountains
pauldry is offline  
Advertisement
17-02-2021, 09:37   #21
Kermit.de.frog
Registered User
 
Kermit.de.frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 18,035
Sleet and snow risk has now transferred to the south Midlands. Temporary wet snow for a time. Wicklow getting some snowfall on high ground.
Kermit.de.frog is offline  
17-02-2021, 09:44   #22
highdef
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit.de.frog View Post
Sleet and snow risk has now transferred to the south Midlands. Temporary wet snow for a time. Wicklow getting some snowfall on high ground.
Is that according to one particular model or a blend of models?
highdef is offline  
17-02-2021, 10:18   #23
pad199207
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,329
Status Yellow - Wind warning for Wexford, Wicklow and Waterford

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Southerly winds tonight will reach mean speeds of 50 to 60km/h with gusts of 80 to 100km/h, highest in coastal areas. Where winds are onshore there is a risk of coastal flooding around high tide.

Valid: 23:00 Wednesday 17/02/2021 to 05:00 Thursday 18/02/2021

Issued: 09:00 Wednesday 17/02/2021
pad199207 is offline  
Thanks from:
17-02-2021, 10:32   #24
iagreebut
Registered User
 
iagreebut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 102
According to Looks like there is a lot of pasting on the way, well that's my synopsis of MT'S forecast
iagreebut is offline  
Advertisement
17-02-2021, 10:36   #25
highdef
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,663
Quote:
Originally Posted by iagreebut View Post
According to Looks like there is a lot of pasting on the way, well that's my synopsis of MT'S forecast
I must be reading the wrong thing as the closest thing I can see to anywhere being mentioned as getting a pasting in todays forecast by MT is "sleet over higher parts of west Munster and Connacht" tonight and you would be very well pushed to describe that as a pasting
highdef is offline  
(2) thanks from:
17-02-2021, 11:36   #26
Nqp15hhu
Registered User
 
Nqp15hhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1,455
The ECM and Arpege says snow for the Western half of the island but gfs doesn’t.

All depends on how far west the warm front heads and the intensity of precipitation.

Last edited by Nqp15hhu; 17-02-2021 at 11:39.
Nqp15hhu is offline  
Thanks from:
17-02-2021, 11:56   #27
pauldry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nqp15hhu View Post
The ECM and Arpege says snow for the Western half of the island but gfs doesn’t.

All depends on how far west the warm front heads and the intensity of precipitation.
ECM v GFS

Who wins?
Well see.

Incidentally enormous thunder just a while ago in Sligo
pauldry is offline  
17-02-2021, 12:37   #28
iagreebut
Registered User
 
iagreebut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdef View Post
I must be reading the wrong thing as the closest thing I can see to anywhere being mentioned as getting a pasting in todays forecast by MT is "sleet over higher parts of west Munster and Connacht" tonight and you would be very well pushed to describe that as a pasting

lol sorry,I'm in West Munster myself, should be in line for a pasting.

I should have mentioned my location,and I'm up high too .
iagreebut is offline  
17-02-2021, 12:37   #29
Danno
Moderator
 
Danno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 6,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit.de.frog View Post
Sleet and snow risk has now transferred to the south Midlands. Temporary wet snow for a time. Wicklow getting some snowfall on high ground.
Danno is offline  
17-02-2021, 13:17   #30
Nqp15hhu
Registered User
 
Nqp15hhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by iagreebut View Post
lol sorry,I'm in West Munster myself, should be in line for a pasting.

I should have mentioned my location,and I'm up high too .
Nobody is getting a pasting. It will just be wet snow.
Nqp15hhu is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet