Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bed at 8 pm, yay or nay?

• 19-12-2018 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Past two weeks I’ve been shattered tired after work, b@lloxt if you will. That plus the dark abyss outside from about 4pm is encouraging me to the leaba. Anyone else off to bedy-bye-byes and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

No, only under 12s go to bed at 8pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Greyfox wrote: »

Maybe he's going to bed with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

I often head up at 8.listen to a couple of podcasts then nod off.Up at 6 then in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Maybe he's going to bed with one of them.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭buried

Doing this a good bit myself in the winter, go to bed around 8 or 9, wake up around 1-2am for a hour, might have a beer then back to bed for waking up at 7. Feicking grand job mang, highly recommended

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

buried wrote: »
    Doing this a good bit myself in the winter, go to bed around 8 or 9, wake up around 1-2am for a hour, might have a beer then back to bed for waking up at 7. Feicking grand job mang, highly recommended
    I do this myself. I have to do a lot of prep for work, and I do it much more efficiently between 6 and 7am when it's bright. There seem to be a lot of people like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,206 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

jrmb wrote: »
    I do this myself. I have to do a lot of prep for work, and I do it much more efficiently between 6 and 7am when it's bright. There seem to be a lot of people like me.

take it you mean the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Greyfox wrote: »

Or if you own an under 12!! I am in the early stages of pregnancy and have a one year old so I often go to bed at 9pm, although it was 8pm last night. I am usually up with my kid at 5am then have to go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I go to bed at 8pm, start work at 4am... waking up at 2:30am. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,675 ✭✭✭buried

The winter is great for the sleep, when it's dark the pineal gland in the brain starts producing melatonin naturally to help you go to zzzzz. We are surrounded by so much powerful artificial light in the last few decades of night and darkness its going against our natural body's mindset which for hundred's of thousands of years was used to this darkness, created the melatonin and made us go to sleep.

Great little podcast episode here with a professor of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of California, Berkeley, and founder and director of the Center for Human Sleep Science, Matthew Walker, and goes into all this sort of stuff, well worth a listen for everyone in today's world, really cool.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

yea or nay
    and whatever you like if you're going to sleep through

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If I went to sleep at eight I would wake up at 2 in the morning and wouldn't get back to sleep until two seconds before the alarm goes off at 6

Advertisement