Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Laurel Hallowed Visitor

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Pedantic in me ^^^

Did our local one too yesterday. Was going to do the same & head to jacuzzi, but Sundays are water-babies or some type of parent & baby lessons. So gave it a miss as usually a bit noisy.

I do two local to me, Saint Annes and Father Collins. Which did you do?.

I was a tourist yesterday and went up to Oldbridge and the Battle of the Boyne Parkrun. A tough one, can't wait to go back. Its all cross country so should be fun over the next few months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I do two local to me, Saint Annes and Father Collins. Which did you do?.

I was a tourist yesterday and went up to Oldbridge and the Battle of the Boyne Parkrun. A tough one, can't wait to go back. Its all cross country so should be fun over the next few months :D

Johnstown is my local one. You're spoiled for choice up there for them.

Great way to get some exercise & do a bit of travelling/touristing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homeside :) had a great weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,803 ✭✭✭gifted

Anyone hear from Colser lately?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gifted wrote: »
    Anyone hear from Colser lately?

Was thinking of her the other day, we Haven't seen hide nor tail of her in two months, miss her, hope she's ok.

• Advertisement

Johnstown is my local one. You're spoiled for choice up there for them.

Great way to get some exercise & do a bit of travelling/touristing.

Well if you're ever up around this way give me a shout.. If you ever want to try the Old Bridge [Battle of the Boyne] Parkrun head up, I'll pick you up and drop you back to Dublin.

Its a lovely cross country 5km course (actually its a ball breaker lol)

464307.jpg

Sh*t.. Keeping to the thread.

Enjoying a bottle of Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition with Roguefort blue cheese followed by wild mushroom and black garlic risotto (hey my daughter is a chef :p )

The Caskmates and Roguefort is sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I talk ferociously fast at times. It's always funny when i get people asking me to repeat myself or slow down because then i am aware of it and tend to speed up my speech due to nervousness or being self conscious :o

It's something I try to be conscious of, I find it embarrassing when I say something really fast and someone just looks at me like I have 10 heads :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Is Roquefort nice? Never had it.

Finishing up a bottle of Glenlivet after a great day. Saw a kingfisher cormorant and a yellow? wagtail today. Salmon trying to jump a weir and not succeeding the only downside. River levels still very low.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I rehearse a lot of things i say in my head before i speak quite a lot of the time :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I rehearse a lot of things i say in my head before i speak quite a lot of the time :o

Me too Gremmy :o:3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Me too Grammy :o:3

And three :o

Is Roquefort nice? Never had it.

Finishing up a bottle of Glenlivet after a great day. Saw a kingfisher cormorant and a yellow? wagtail today. Salmon trying to jump a weir and not succeeding the only downside. River levels still very low.

Fook ya!..

Funny one, I love food (hence the previous Parkrun chats, I need to run off the food).. I had it first with Jameson Caskmates Stout edition and it was glorious, couldn't believe it.. Salty & strong like a good blue but went down like honey.

Later I had some with a nicely chilled Sauvignon Blanc Semillon and it was salty but a grainy salty and not too pleasant (compared to the Jameson).

The Jameson Cakemates Stout Edition really is something else, neat.

If you're a foodie and want to try something, get the Jameson and start with the Roguefort and some Sheridans Black Garlic (from the clove) ~ and be prepared to be blown away. Stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Bed. The light of the full moon lighting up the room. Really must get some black out curtains.

La.de.da wrote: »
    Bed. The light of the full moon lighting up the room. Really must get some black out curtains.

I have black out blinds, but I love a moon lit room and keep them up on a clear night.. Nothing better than a moon lit bedroom with some rock, maybe some Led Zepp, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple or even Pink Floyd playing in the background (and a book, I love reading).

I have black out blinds, but I love a moon lit room and keep them up on a clear night.. Nothing better than a moon lit bedroom with some rock, maybe some Led Zepp, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple or even Pink Floyd playing in the background (and a book, I love reading).

Actually have a bit of Zepplin on in the back ground. May pick up a book for a while.

Need total darkness to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

And myself :o

Although sometimes it still comes out too fast :rolleyes:

Edited to add:

I like the idea of blackout curtains, but whenever I'm in a hotel that has them I always sleep way too late because I still think it's early because they let in so little light :o

Actually have a bit of Zepplin on in the back ground. May pick up a book for a while.

Need total darkness to sleep.

I love Zepp (have a LedZepp tattoo on one leg) but listening to The Doors [When the musics over] in the living room and enjoying another Jameson.

After this I think 'Going to California' is next (thank God for YouTube).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

In bed in agonizing pain and with so much crap going through my head causing stress and worry and just bringing me down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

bedtime!!!!! night all :)

Shpud2 wrote: »
    In bed in agonizing pain and with so much crap going through my head causing stress and worry and just bringing me down :(

Sh*t. Feel free to PM.

I've suffered night time anxiety for so long now. Apart from pills I've found breathing exercises and calming sounds like static or winter storms soothing.

But put the phone out of arm's reach, whatever you do DON'T check social media on your phone unless your life is dependent on it.

Hope you're ok

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Night Northgirl

Shpud i'm about for most of the night if you can't rest..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Bed. Little fella had a belter of a day. We visited family and he was up hanging around a playground at 8pm, which for a nearly 4yr old is the pinnacle of cool.

Then a two hour drive home and himself singing songs in the van while I drifted in and out of sleep (I obviously wasn't driving). Still bouncing around at 11. Tomorrow will be a long day I think.

He was in awe of the moon too and wanted to stay outside despite falling over himself with tiredness.

Me, I'm exhausted but can't put the bloody phone down and sleep.

In bed, too warm. Ate waaaaaaaayy too much earlier.

Thanks for invite Maki.

Bed. Still awake. Could do with a bottle of dreamy nighty snoozy snooze.

La.de.da wrote:
    Bed. Still awake. Could do with a bottle of dreamy nighty snoozy snooze.

Can I get a drop too.

Can I get a drop too.

Course you can teddy. *passes bottle. :)

Course you can teddy. *passes bottle. :)

What is it, Jameson? :pac:

La.de.da wrote:
    Course you can teddy. *passes bottle.

What is it, Jameson?

If it helps me sleep, I'll take it.

What is it, Jameson? :pac:

Shhhhh. Just Irishing up his tea.

• Advertisement

I'm under siege from the nap attack bunnies :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement