Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"What's boards.ie?"

• 31-01-2017 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

so assuming all of you are good-for-nothing procrastinators like me who are whiling away valuable office time logging onto AH to tell people what trivially annoys them / read up about what strangers are eating today...

How do you field the question from a curious colleague who has been looking over your shoulder and asks "what's boards.ie"?

the best i could come up with is "it's kinda like Ireland's reddit" which seemed to satisfy him and he's gone back to his own desk i'm assuming to log on and await my next post (hi Phil:D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You could also tell them that you're not supposed to be on the site during work hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

It's an allegory for the age old struggle between the establishment and the proletariat.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It's not broads.ie

Bambi985 wrote: »
    "it's kinda like Ireland's reddit"

What's reddit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,361 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

OP your not Bamber Gascoigne the University Challenge quiz master by any chance.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dating site

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

whats an elbow in the throat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

On the 31st of January in the year of our lord 2017, boards.ie became self aware and decided it could be what ever it wanted to be.....

<menacing terminator music plays>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

Boards.ie is like a counseling session without the 60 quid at the end and listening to the constant, I know, I know, I know like Sybil from Faulty Towers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

Donald trump fan club :) :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭Wossack

What's reddit?

its like everyone elses boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Political correctness.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

-"It's, like, an Irish message board. Pretty big, it used to be really busy a few years ago, but it's a good bit quieter now. I used to mainly use it for the Film Forum and local stuff, but those parts of it are practically dead these days. Soccer and After Hours - kind of like the anything goes part of the site, well, except that not a lot actually goes, but it's a lot looser and less strict than the rest of it - sometimes are still pretty lively. There can be some good discussions on it sometimes. Though I read a lot of stuff on After Hours that's just depressing."

- "So it's like Reddit?"

- "Yeah."

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"A miserable pile of secrets!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

"A miserable pile of secrets!"

If you capitalise that sf you could sell it to J K Rowling as the title for her next book.

Advertisement