Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The share your creativity thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Found this recently, what I was not supposed to be doing during Leaving Cert. business studies!

comicPt1.jpg
    comicPt2.jpg
    comicPt3.jpg

Oh and today i made a 'proper' website for my film stuff. It's not done yet (needs more videos and better writing), but you should get the idea. It's a step up from that facebook group anyway.

http://soundmarkey.webs.com/

If you can think of any improvements i'd love to hear 'em!

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

bought myself an hardback sketchbook.

doodleBook.jpg

and the first pic, the girl is a bit of a disaster, I blame doodling in pen:P
    will post a clearer pic of it later today.

EDIT: better quality upload of pic and source pic now below.

153333.jpg

3709672369_608712acb2.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

Ohhh! Awesome Koth! :D

Latest doodle. Based on Ozzy Osbourne dressed as a doctor as per the Sunday Times article.

154277.jpg

• Advertisement

done a sketch of a Native American chief. I was trying to do it in the style of the old-school Marvel artists, like Kirby or Buscema. Not sure if it worked, but I’m reasonably happy with the end result.

NativeAmericanChief.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Cool Indian! Glad that this thread has been resurrected, must try to contribute soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Cool Indian! Glad that this thread has been resurrected, must try to contribute soon.

Post a song!

More of those comics, please.

Post a song!
    More of those comics, please.

I'll do both. Going to do some enjoyable creative work on Sunday night :)

• Advertisement

Teaser trailer for a film me and some buddies are currently making called Terminus (A D
    Dublin Story)
    :

Trailer for another short I worked on called 'What If?':
    http://vimeo.com/24222973

Have a new story up in the short story head-to-head over in the creative writing forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72541446#post72541446

If you like it give it a thanks, or thank the other guy's story if you prefer it.

The theme is death. It was odd trying to think of something in light of the Noc's recent loss.

Trailer for Unlocking Charlie which is being shown at this years Galway Film Fleadh:

(I recorded the sound)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=341

We really should do some collab comic thing.

Here's a lil something I whipped up for the two super cute guys wot we gots here...

261452_10150230273928240_741718239_7473868_6671419_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If only I was good enough, I could be drawing on people all day long and getting paid for it. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

So I picked up the pencil and pen again last night and just couldn't myself, so I drew a Kirby with a frying pan :P

Oh that Kirby, he just loooooves domestic violence :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Its been a while, but I offer this, my first real attempt at modelling an aircraft. Needs a bit more detail, but its getting there.
    picture.php?albumid=1623&pictureid=10092
    picture.php?albumid=1623&pictureid=10104

• Advertisement

She started it!!! :mad::mad::P

168367.jpg

The Spectre

168399.jpg

I'm having entirely too much fun with the new graphics tablet :D:D:D

My first novel is online. Get it free using the coupon in the thread below! :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056360549

So i took some time today and finally got around to organising the videos page of my website. gone is all of the unwieldy and unnecessary scrolling down and looking for hard to see links. No clutter, just trailers, promos and some short films that people can watch easily :)

http://soundmarkey.webs.com/apps/videos/

Feedback re: videos / site layout appreciated.

Here's something some of you might recall. That short I worked on called 'Even Secret Agents Have A bad Day' which some of you saw a preview screening of the rough cut in the Woolshed. The official trailer is up now.

Plase like the Facebook page while you're here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Different type of creativity I guess, but here's a picture of me doing Fire Poi.

Aoife.jpg

I should have read your post rather than just look at the pretty picture :) Now it makes more sense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I should have read your post rather than just look at the pretty picture :) Now it makes more sense :D
    Hehe I love how the pictures of it come out :D. The videos look cool, but the pictures look deadly.

short story/writing excercise I did called "Behind the Curtain".

let me what ya think, good or bad :)
    “I can hear them outside. Little bastards.” he thought to himself. “They’re probably planning to steal a car like all them hoodies on the news.”

“No respect for anyone. Just take what they want and **** the consequences.”

A click sounds as the kettle comes to the boil. He gets up from his armchair and shuffles into the kitchen.

A good cup of tea, that’ll relax him. Although he can no longer enjoy a sweet tea due to the strict instructions from his doctor to avoid all sugars. And that sugar substitute just tastes like ****e.

He’ll just have to make do with a milky tea.

Things tasted sweeter and the world seemed less ominous when Judith was still around. Sadly the throat cancer didn’t care much about that. “She never even smoked a cigarette”, he thought to himself bitterly.

Her brother, Tony, no longer visits. But then he never really got on with Tony. Tony always thought his sister deserved a better class of man. Someone who probably swam in the same social circles as Tony. At least then she wouldn’t have ended up in an estate that slowly transformed into a council estate.

It was a nice estate when he and Judith first moved there, but the closure of many companies over time meant that most of the working families moved to the neighbouring towns and cities.

They owned their own bakery in the middle of the town so they were able to pay the bills during the tough times.

Truth be told, the bakery would have closed if not for Judith. It was her welcoming presence and memory for names and their favourite treats that kept the customers coming back.

But they worked hard and had looked forward to travelling when they eventually retired. Sadly she was diagnosed with cancer shortly after they retired. This meant that they never got to travel because of her being too weak to do much most days.

Instead of travelling, they spent a small fortune on improving the back garden and sun-room. It didn’t compare to the Butchart Gardens in Canada that she always wanted to visit but at least it helped improve her mood for a while.

It was New Years Eve two years previous when she passed. She had collapsed at seven minutes to midnight. He remembers the torment of following the ambulance in a taxi through the town flooded with drunken revellers joyfully celebrating.

She regained consciousness at around 2am. They managed to wish each other happy New Year before she slipped into the final sleep.

He had to wait in the hospital until after 6am, as it was impossible to get a taxi before then.

The journey back to their home was a more sombre affair. For him and the town outside the taxi. No-one was out celebrating now. He thought the world had lost its ability to enjoy itself when Judith passed.

He paid the taxi as he opened the door of the car. The driver awkwardly wished him a happy New Year. He closed the door of the taxi and made his way to the front door of his house.

He entered the living room, closed the curtains and fired up the DVD player. It already had the travel show about Canada pre-loaded. It was the one Judith enjoyed watching the most. By the time the Butchart Gardens segment came on, he had already broken down crying.

The only words he spoke as he cried himself to sleep were, “Happy New Year, Judith.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

you made me cry koth, so sad/ good story.

Advertisement