Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nothing Ever Happens, Nothing Happens At All

Options
  • 19-02-2015 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

The needle returns to the start of the song
    And we all sing along like before
    And we'll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow

That's not really true though, things happen all the time, even though we are so saturated with 24 news channels and online chatrooms and the world of knowledge at our fingertips.

We all remember the big stories from when we were kids, as an 80s kid it was the Cabbage Patch Kids, Rock Hudson dying from AIDS, the Lockerbie bombing, Chernobyl and the fall of the Berlin wall, for 90s and 00s kids there were many pivotal moments too.

What are the standout stories for the kids of today? The water charges? I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here?

I remember having a bad bug at the time of the first Gulf War, and the sheer excitement of being off school for round the clock news coverage.

How naive I was.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The kids of today do not have Del Amitri to worry about. Lucky little twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Probably the x factor :mad:

I really weep for the kids of today

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

9/11, 2005 tube attacks, Charlie Hebdo, war in the Middle East, potential nuclear war with North Korea, Black president.

Nah nothing ever happens these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The kids of today do not have Del Amitri to worry about. Lucky little twats.
    Del Amitri were class man:(

thelad95 wrote: »
    9/11, 2005 tube attacks, Charlie Hebdo, war in the Middle East, potential nuclear war with North Korea, Black president.

Nah nothing ever happens these days.
    Dont forget the little lad meeting Robbie Keane on the toy show

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Very very good and very very cheap £1 FEEEEEESH!

The Rise of Stalin Part II in the east. Random bombings in European capitals. London and Dublin are bound to get a smack this year. A future with no employment as the information age begins to show its teeth. A global economy that exists on belief alone. And yes, increasingly plastic pop. Even Bob Dylan has resorted to Sinatra covers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

When I saw the thread title I knew this can only be the work of one man............................................And that man is........... (drum roll please)

BACKWARDS MAN!!!!

Or am I the only one??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Dont forget the little lad meeting Robbie Keane on the toy show

WHAT, WHEN?!

WHAT, WHEN?!

Around Christmas??

• Advertisement

deco nate wrote: »
    Around Christmas??
    yeah the toy show, last easter like

When I saw the thread title I knew this can onwork of one man............................................And that man is........... (drum roll please)

BACKWARDS MAN!!!!

Or am I the only one??

The one and only!!

Chesney Hawkes, oh how we thought he'd be big

The one and only!!

Chesney Hawkes, oh how we thought he'd be big

Damit! Foiled again!! Why only for backwards man and his pesky dog, I would have got away with it!

Damit! Foiled again!! Why only for backwards man and his pesky dog, I would have got away with it!

Just stuck google play on I'm feeling lucky there

You're my favourite waste of time by Owen Paul

I must be out of my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Just stuck google play on I'm feeling lucky there

You're my favourite waste of time by Owen Paul

I must be out of my mind

Do you have any Rose Royce?

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Do you have any Rose Royce?

Don't do requests, sorry.

Del Amitri were class man:(

You've had time to think on that. Any regrets or sideburns you need to let off your chest ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

The needle returns to the start of the song
    And we all sing along like before
    And we'll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow

That's not really true though, things happen all the time, even though we are so saturated with 24 news channels and online chatrooms and the world of knowledge at our fingertips.

We all remember the big stories from when we were kids, as an 80s kid it was the Cabbage Patch Kids, Rock Hudson dying from AIDS, the Lockerbie bombing, Chernobyl and the fall of the Berlin wall, for 90s and 00s kids there were many pivotal moments too.

What are the standout stories for the kids of today? The water charges? I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here?

I remember having a bad bug at the time of the first Gulf War, and the sheer excitement of being off school for round the clock news coverage.

How naive I was.

I'm pretty sure our economic crash and the bank bailout will be written about in Irish history books of the future (the readers will probably still be paying for it!). How will history view our response?
    There is loads of memorable stuff happening but I guess were bombarded with so much, it's getting harder to remember.

Advertisement