Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's In Your Hand Today?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

I have 2 Tesla nano's. It is really heavy amazing build quality, and the best looking battery I own, and I own a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Shinobollo

I was pondering on the Tesla too, but opted for the Pico, just prefer to have separate batteries. The Tesla is better looking I think, and you'll fit 23-24mm tanks on there unlike the Pico. They may overhang a little but they will work.

Thats my problem. Much prefer the look of the Nano but never leave the house without a spare battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Shinobollo wrote:
    Thats my problem. Much prefer the look of the Nano but never leave the house without a spare battery.

Wismec Reuleaux RX75 has the kind of 'step down' design like the Pico. Comes with a tank or express. Removable 18650, pretty order on the Chinese sites. Looks nice anyway.

A mini volt v2 is coming out too. Built in battery though, small enough capacity.

moleyv wrote: »
    Wismec Reuleaux RX75 has the kind of 'step down' design like the Pico. Comes with a tank or express. Removable 18650, pretty order on the Chinese sites. Looks nice anyway.

A mini volt v2 is coming out too. Built in battery though, small enough capacity.

Had a look at photos of the rx75. It's like a bleedin transformer with all those moving parts. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I don't like the flappy door design, I can just see me breaking it off somehow. I think it would irritate me over time either way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

RX200 "Reuleaux" with a Cleito "Fatboy" RTA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

K5_zpsjoshyaiw.png

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

cK1u8uT.jpg

Innokin Coolfire IV TC 100, Geekvape Avocado 24, Highgarden

tHlfMTw.jpg?1

1wSBLPu.jpg?1

zVEiaHJ.jpg?1

Liking the Avocado 24? Mine's been great, not a leak or dry hit all week

• Advertisement

Liking the Avocado 24? Mine's been great, not a leak or dry hit all week

Yep, although only using it 30 mins or so. Its very smooth.

I used some fibre freaks for the first time, not sure I like it. In the pad version at least. Flavour is great, but I think its a little harder to wick with than organic cotton.

What build are you using out of curiosity? I've a dual Clapton, coming out around 0.3 ohms. It takes a lot of power though to get it going.

I might do a SS build in it.

It looks great on the coolfire. Its a bit convoluted taking it apart though.

I stuck dual claptons in it at first, 0.4ohm. That was fine, but I was getting the odd pop, I think it's the ****ty wire I have though, pre-made stuff. I switched to 317L just this morning. 25g, 9/10 wraps [if you count the last wrap leading out] , comes to 0.3ohm on the button. No problem with ramp up, instant sizzle. I'm definitely preferring this build, it tastes 'cleaner' - I find that every time I switch to SS builds. Not one pop either. I have the cotton just peeping down into the holes [looking at your images, I'd say about the same], keeping it as fluffy as possible. I'm using the Celtic cotton pads that Penny sent me, and it's really good, doesn't seem to be much if any break in once it's pre-'painted'

I have taken it apart a few times now to clean, when changing juices. I've switched the glass and o-rings too, the insulator ring that people seem to worry about just stays put on mine. Which is great, I only need worry about the 2 main gold pins. I find it effortless enough :) Will rarely have to do that.

I have taken it apart a few times now to clean, when changing juices, Ive switched the glass and o-rings too, the insulator ring that people seem to worry about jut stays put on mine. Which is great, I only need worry about the 2 main gold pins. I find it effortless enough Will rarely have to do that.

All mine just fell to bits haha, and I hadn't watched any reviews or anything. Ah its not too bad, still easier than a tornado :v

Yeah I have the wicks coming down to just above the bit where the top and bottom screw together. The fibre freaks wicks and keeps up fine. Its just not as malleable (if you can use that word for wick material).

Mine was pretty tight even after I got the pins out, had to give it a bit of a wiggle :D

Flavour though, is great, I've put all my favourite juices though it now and it's bringing the best out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭Doge

My 3FVape package finally came today with the No Name No Pity clone, cutters and ohm meter:

835ZQLs.jpg

The clone came with 2 caps, 2 different Allen keys, 2 spare grub screws, 4 spare o rings, 2 coils and even a 4mm coiling jig, not bad for only $9.99!

Here's how the deck looks inside:

ADrFfMn.jpg

The larger Allen key is for removing the electrical contact underneath as it's a hex screw.

g5SJoe9.jpg

Here's what both caps look like, both have the same round holes you see on the opposite side:

OKzg6yG.jpg

I have to say the cap on the right gives the perfect amount of airflow when fully ooen! Possibly due to having the round airhole above the coil.
    The cap on the left gives a much tighter draw.

Also notice how the extra drip tip has no cylinder to put your mouth around?
    Pretty strange if you ask me, I wonder is it more of a cap than anything.

There's only 2 cons I have for the unit, the 2 o rings go inside the caps and can be a bit tricky to get in as they appear slightly bigger, it takes a knack to get them in, I'm not even sure how to describe it.

Also the RDA Is not flush against the mod as you can see in this photo , I think it's the contact that is not level :

TEetZcH.jpg

One more peculiarity is this little thing next to the coiling jig that came with it. It is threaded on the inside and a grub screw will fit into it but I have absolutely no idea what it's supposed to do!

5MpOJVZ.jpg

Its definitely the easiest deck I've used to build on for a single coil. The only thing that would make it easier to build on is if it only had 2 posts making it a dedicated deck for single coil builds. That way it would be much easier to push a coil in without having to maneuver it above the posts on the opposite side.

Also the juice well is really deep, much deeper than my Velocity clone.

If anyone is looking for an upgrade from the velocity then I would definitely recommend the No Pity.

Doge wrote:
    My 3FVape package finally came today with the No Name No Pity clone, cutters and ohm meter:

I have a pair of those cutters too. They really are excellent.

I would have thought you would have gotten a Doge RDA :v

moleyv wrote: »
    I have a pair of those cutters too. They really are excellent.

I would have thought you would have gotten a Doge RDA :v

Yeah the handles are much thicker than I expected them to be!

Haha, I wish the Doge RDA had the same style deck as this, then I could "wow" all my friends! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Nice setup,cheap at the price,those Chinese are good.
    Just a thought,maybe that little screw in thingy is a sqonking 510 pin....

iStick Pico, Nautilus X, Extreme Menthol (Too extreme for me, can't vape it)

VP5QgBV.jpg?1

iStick Pico, Kayfun Mini V3 Clone, Nut Juice

0OhdwHE.jpg?1

Pico is ok, for the price it is great. Not a fan of the fire button, the buttons on the bottom or the way you close in the battery

How's the "nut juice"? :pac:

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    How's the "nut juice"? :pac:

Very nice. Always came highly recommended on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

How's that kayfun mini? I swore I was done with rebuildables but the flavour from most MTL standard coils is kinda rubbish.

Plus I have about 100 prebuilt coils I got off FT to use up, and bags of cotton.

EGriff wrote: »
    How's that kayfun mini? I swore I was done with rebuildables but the flavour from most MTL standard coils is kinda rubbish.

Plus I have about 100 prebuilt coils I got off FT to use up, and bags of cotton.

Yeah, excellent. I get the odd little blob of juice through the airflow after refilling, even though I shut off the juice flow while refilling. I might put a small bit more wick in next time, one of the holes was barely covered so I imagine that was it.

I can't judge if the nautilus X is any good due to the extreme menthol, my reaction is like getting a huge dry hit, but its not, its just the flavour of the juice. I don't know how anyone vapes it. The kayfun is lovely anyway, so might just sell on the nautilus (and maybe the pico :pac: )

6uSXfp1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭LazyPicti

Got a Pico Nautilus x on the go here to, great little mtl setup.

uXRXwd2.jpg

Sitting back relaxed for the match.

LazyPicti wrote: »
    Sitting back relaxed for the match.

Nice pipe

Shinobollo wrote: »
    Nice pipe

Thanks.It's very comfy in the hand and i feel 100x more distinguished when i use it :)

• Advertisement

Been a good vape mail week!

The genuine Kayfun 5 is just beautiful, that new restricted lung hit airflow is fantastic, and you still get that dense unique Kayfun flavor.
    Hands down the best RTA i have ever used.

I wonder how the clone will fair?

IQCLYFE.jpg

Advertisement