Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Changing Incorrect VIN/chassis number

• 16-06-2021 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭

Was footering around on Motor Tax site the other day after I declared the Carina off-road for another year and it it twigged me to go check about changing the VIN as registered on the car.

Background to this is that only the last 7 digits were ever recorded on the old log book and that's how it has been on the vehicle file since 1990.

Obviously this is nonsense so I'd like to change it to the full VIN.

Couldn't work out for the life of me where to do it via Revenue etc. Has anyone ever tried this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭User1998

I imported a car and the VIN was incorrectly recorded. I had to contact the Driver & Computer Services Division to change it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

User1998 wrote: »
    I imported a car and the VIN was incorrectly recorded. I had to contact the Driver & Computer Services Division to change it

Thanks. I'll go from there. I envision hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭User1998

It actually wasn’t too bad to be fair. My car was recently imported tho whereas yours is a different situation all together

I’m guessing you might have to go to a main dealer for them to verify your VIN

Advertisement