Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spec Needed

• 21-03-2021 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭

Hi

Have a friend who uses photoshop, illustrator, permier pro, after effects, and program called davinci resolve 17, she's looking for an new PC, asked me what spec to get?

I've done a bit of research / looked at a couple of websites, and think the following will do ok with each of the programs.

Processor (CPU)
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
    Motherboard
    ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
    Memory (RAM)
    64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 32GB)
    Graphics Card
    8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
    Storage Drives
    512GB NVMe with 2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD,
    Power Supply
    CORSAIR 550W CV SERIES™ CV-550 POWER SUPPLY
    Processor Cooling
    PCS FrostFlow 100 V3 Series High Performance CPU Cooler (AMD)

Appreciate if ppl could let me know if I've selected anything wrong, would get better bang for buck by changing configuration ie Less RAM, better processor / GPU?

All suggestions much appreciated.

Advertisement