Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

17-01-2020, 22:00   #46
zzyxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcup342 View Post
Hi Guys,

Might be interesting for some of you, handy little trick for getting cheap lounge access at Dublin T1 and T2 and Cork (Plus around 800 lounges around the world)

Register with Red by Dufry
https://sso.dufry.com/register

After you have registered, you will first get the silver status, which brings at least 5% discount in all Dufry shops. If you now go to your profile in the app which app? and scroll down a bit, you can simply enter HAPPYBIRTHDAY2020 under "Promotion code". After updating, the platinum status should then be displayed in the app.

With this status you get a 10% discount in duty free if you get one from Dufry. On the other hand, you should have received an email at the same time with access data for DragonPass (Dragonpass is a PriorityPass alternative) make sure you save it somewhere.

Download the Dragonpass App, use the details in the e-mail to register.

Note: If the e-mail with the access data for the DragonPass does not come automatically as with us, you have to go to "Airport advantages" in the app and then "Lounge access". To do this, you must have selected an airport as the home airport that also has a lounge (e.g. Dublin). Then you will be forwarded to the application. At this point, the app sometimes hangs, just try it several times.

After that you should have Dragonpass access free for 1 year, meaning you can buy access to a lounge for 10 USD (8.99) you cannot bring a guest though so they would need to perform the same procedure to get access for 10 USD.

Use Revolut/N26 for extra currency savings

Happy lounging
Thanks for this, will come in useful if I can get the instructions worked out!

Which app are you referring to at the beginning? Do I need this app or can I just sign up at the link you provided?
Do I need to download both Dragonpass and a Dufry app? Is that "app called "Dufry Red" ?
Advertisement
17-01-2020, 22:05   #47
Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbloke77 View Post
i) Go into your phones "Settings",
ii) Click "Apps & Notifications",
iii) Click "Apps Info",
iv) Click on the App "Red by Dufry",
v) Click on "Open by default",
vi) Click"Open Supported Links",
vii) Click "Ask Every Time".

That should be it then. Hope it works
Thank you very much for posting but my phone is different and I can't seem to get the settings right (Samsung Galaxy S7) ... Hopefully someone else has figured it out that has a similar phone
17-01-2020, 22:17   #48
bittihuduga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggr of Asgard View Post
Your Red platinum membership is only for 30 days and your level on red determines how much you pay for your dragon pass lounge vouchers.
where does it say red platinum is valid for 30 days?
17-01-2020, 22:35   #49
VG31

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG31 View Post
As far as I can tell, the only way to refund unused passes is to call a number in Taiwan. It's worth bearing in mind as with 3 calling Taiwan costs me €0.50 a minute.
Actually there's a UK phone number and an email address in the contract section so presumably you can use these to refund your passes instead of the Taiwan number.
18-01-2020, 01:08   #50
dercunx

Had anyone ever used this card successfully. Reviews saying that people were not allowed access to lounges.
Advertisement
18-01-2020, 09:17   #51
Basq

Send a message via Skype™ to Basq

2 drinks per person? There goes my opportunity to get thrown off a flight for the first time for drunk and disordingly behavior.

Last edited by Basq; 18-01-2020 at 09:20.
Thanks from:
18-01-2020, 13:07   #52
enda1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq View Post

2 drinks per person? There goes my opportunity to get thrown off a flight for the first time for drunk and disordingly behavior.
It's not really enforced unless you get rowdy I imagine
18-01-2020, 13:46   #53
redcup342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basq View Post

In my experience that's just to stop people going mental and lashing back 10 beers before the flight, it's not really enforced.
18-01-2020, 17:31   #54
Del Griffith

When I click 'I Want It' in the red app, and submit, I get 'Your Request Cannot be Processed' and an oops message.

Anyone else get this or know how to get around it?

Edit: Sorted, I just kept trying.
Advertisement
20-01-2020, 08:49   #55
Greg81

Hello from Dublin Airport Business Lounge. No problems to get it. DragonPass was accepted. No questions asked.
Once again thank you OP for great find.
20-01-2020, 09:54   #56
gernon

Guys can anyone help ?

Dufry app is telling me I already have a Dragonpass account but I can't seem to link them ? Basically I don't seem to have a membership number on Dragonpass therfore cant buy the Lounge voucher. Maybe its my phone too ?
20-01-2020, 10:00   #57
GaryCocs

Anyone chanced getting young kids in on the parents card? 20 for me and the mrs but would cost 40 for all of us, not sure if it would be worth that.
20-01-2020, 10:08   #58
redcup342

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryCocs View Post
Anyone chanced getting young kids in on the parents card? 20 for me and the mrs but would cost 40 for all of us, not sure if it would be worth that.
Kids under 2 are free, over that they need a pass.
20-01-2020, 10:12   #59
GaryCocs

Quote:
Kids under 2 are free, over that they need a pass.
Yup, 6 and 3.

The fact that I cant use my passes and need to register them separately on a different device is turning me off too.
20-01-2020, 10:17   #60
okidoki987

Quote:
In my experience that's just to stop people going mental and lashing back 10 beers before the flight, it's not really enforced.
Pity they don't do that in the airport bars before people get on a flight.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion