Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-01-2020, 17:01   #1
redcup342

Dragonpass 10 USD (8.99 EUR) per visit (Airport Lounge Access)

Hi Guys,

Might be interesting for some of you, handy little trick for getting cheap lounge access at Dublin T1 and T2 and Cork (Plus around 800 lounges around the world)

Register with Red by Dufry
https://sso.dufry.com/register

After you have registered, you will first get the silver status, which brings at least 5% discount in all Dufry shops. If you now go to your profile in the app and scroll down a bit, you can simply enter HAPPYBIRTHDAY2020 under "Promotion code". After updating, the platinum status should then be displayed in the app.

With this status you get a 10% discount in duty free if you get one from Dufry. On the other hand, you should have received an email at the same time with access data for DragonPass (Dragonpass is a PriorityPass alternative) make sure you save it somewhere.

Download the Dragonpass App, use the details in the e-mail to register.

Note: If the e-mail with the access data for the DragonPass does not come automatically as with us, you have to go to "Airport advantages" in the app and then "Lounge access". To do this, you must have selected an airport as the home airport that also has a lounge (e.g. Dublin). Then you will be forwarded to the application. At this point, the app sometimes hangs, just try it several times.

After that you should have Dragonpass access free for 1 year, meaning you can buy access to a lounge for 10 USD (8.99) you cannot bring a guest though so they would need to perform the same procedure to get access for 10 USD.

Use Revolut/N26 for extra currency savings

Happy lounging

Last edited by redcup342; 16-01-2020 at 17:59.
Advertisement
16-01-2020, 17:30   #2
Only

Thanks for posting that - have an upcoming long layover in Newark - this will be perfect!!
One question - can I sign kids up to it too do you know??
16-01-2020, 18:14   #3
redcup342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
Thanks for posting that - have an upcoming long layover in Newark - this will be perfect!!
One question - can I sign kids up to it too do you know??
Kids under 2 are free I believe but for older you'd need to sign the kids up as individuals.
16-01-2020, 18:54   #4
Mean Laqueefa

I cant find Airport advantages inj the dragonpass app ?
16-01-2020, 18:55   #5
paulryanmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcup342 View Post
Hi Guys,

Might be interesting for some of you, handy little trick for getting cheap lounge access at Dublin T1 and T2 and Cork (Plus around 800 lounges around the world)

After you have registered, you will first get the silver status, which brings at least 5% discount in all Dufry shops. If you now go to your profile in the app and scroll down a bit, you can simply enter HAPPYBIRTHDAY2020 under "Promotion code". After updating, the platinum status should then be displayed in the app.

With this status you get a 10% discount in duty free if you get one from Dufry. On the other hand, you should have received an email at the same time with access data for DragonPass (Dragonpass is a PriorityPass alternative) make sure you save it somewhere.

Note: If the e-mail with the access data for the DragonPass does not come automatically as with us, you have to go to "Airport advantages" in the app and then "Lounge access". To do this, you must have selected an airport as the home airport that also has a lounge (e.g. Dublin). Then you will be forwarded to the application. At this point, the app sometimes hangs, just try it several times.

After that you should have Dragonpass access free for 1 year, meaning you can buy access to a lounge for 10 USD (8.99) you cannot bring a guest though so they would need to perform the same procedure to get access for 10 USD.

Happy lounging
Thank you, I was on the fence about renewing my lounge pass. Glad I didnt :-)
Advertisement
16-01-2020, 19:26   #6
irishbloke77

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Happy lounging
First of all, Thanks a million for posting this. I did exactly as you suggested and am almost there. I didnt get the email with dragonpass login details. On the Red app, when I click on the button to get the lounge pass, its not bringing me onto the dragonpass app, just refreshing itself. I've done this a good few times but no joy, am I missing something?

Once again, thanks a million
16-01-2020, 19:54   #7
nitromaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbloke77 View Post
First of all, Thanks a million for posting this. I did exactly as you suggested and am almost there. I didnt get the email with dragonpass login details. On the Red app, when I click on the button to get the lounge pass, its not bringing me onto the dragonpass app, just refreshing itself. I've done this a good few times but no joy, am I missing something?

Once again, thanks a million
On the Red App I had to pick an airport (chose belfast as Dublin wasn’t coming up) then selected “I want it” at the bottom. It asks you to confirm transferring data to dragonpass then should give login info.
Thanks from:
16-01-2020, 19:55   #8
Padraig Mor

Code is only valid for 30 days though I think. I'm on Red for a while and they automatically applied a similar code to my account a few months ago and that only lasted a month.

Edit: to clarify, you need Red Platinum to get the $10 rate (it's $25 with silver). The code, presuming it works the same as my one recently, gives you Platinum for a month.
16-01-2020, 20:37   #9
Yggr of Asgard

Also don't forget, that you must pre-purchase a voucher with this dragonpass variant. You can not just show up at the lounge to gain access!
Advertisement
16-01-2020, 20:45   #10
irishbloke77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromaster View Post
On the Red App I had to pick an airport (chose belfast as Dublin wasn’t coming up) then selected “I want it” at the bottom. It asks you to confirm transferring data to dragonpass then should give login info.
I got it sorted, thanks. I had to go into the apps setting in my phones settings and click on "Ask every time" for opening options. This forced the app to bring up the page you referred to about transferring to Dragonpass.

Thanks again to all for your help.
16-01-2020, 20:46   #11
Caryatnid

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Happy lounging
Hey! Thanks for this. Do you get anything if we put in your 'referral id' (it is asking me this when registering, just thought it might give you something)
16-01-2020, 21:39   #12
redcup342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatnid View Post
Hey! Thanks for this. Do you get anything if we put in your 'referral id' (it is asking me this when registering, just thought it might give you something)
Ah no man thanks very much anyways the forum rules don't allow referrals
16-01-2020, 21:56   #13
Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padraig Mor View Post
Code is only valid for 30 days though I think. I'm on Red for a while and they automatically applied a similar code to my account a few months ago and that only lasted a month.

Edit: to clarify, you need Red Platinum to get the $10 rate (it's $25 with silver). The code, presuming it works the same as my one recently, gives you Platinum for a month.
Pardon my stupidity but .... if I sign up now with the code and don't use it until say July, I will need to pay $25 for lounge access?? Am I reading that correct?
16-01-2020, 21:57   #14
Nigel Fairservice

Thanks, will be Dublin T1 in 2 weeks. Have free fast track security and now cheap lounge access for the trip.
16-01-2020, 21:57   #15
Only

Quote:
Kids under 2 are free I believe but for older you'd need to sign the kids up as individuals.
Thanks - I wasn't sure if you could buy membership for kids or if it was adults only ... looks like theres no issue

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion