Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-01-2020, 15:59   #16
dashcamdanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStuffins View Post
If you're worried about mid-tones then i'm not sure a thread about a €27 speaker is the right place for you
It actually does matter.

If you want to buy this device and like listening to pod casts and talk radio, then you are not getting a bargain. Its going to be no good and 27 euro wasted.
Advertisement
29-01-2020, 07:19   #17
cormie

These Anker speakers are great while they last, but they have a terrible design flaw, I wrote this review on one of their speakers:

Quote:
This was a great little speaker until around the time the warranty expired, as the battery deteriorated around the same time. I know batteries don't last forever, and bought it with the knowledge of that, but what I didn't know, is that the speaker is being powered from the battery primarily, so even when it's plugged in, it's using the battery for the power. This means that when the battery deteriorates, and the speaker is being used with any kind of volume, it will power off because it's too much for the battery, even though there's a constant supply of power.

This becomes a real pain as you'd be listening to music and it would just switch off so it's effectively a disposable speaker, because it's really not usable as a decent speaker anymore. Anker's response to this was:

"Yes, the speaker support playing while charging, however, it doesn't mean we can use the speaker forever by keeping it plugged in all the time. It is the same as our phones, laptops and other electric products which have a built-in battery. If the battery is empty, the device will not power on, even it connects to the power. "

That's not really good enough and I feel it's a design flaw and companies like Anker should be allowing their products to be powered and used to their full extent, regardless of battery health.
Thanks from:
29-01-2020, 07:51   #18
Sir Oxman

I have 3 Motion B's and I love them.
Radio, podcasts, audiobooks bit of music.
I bought one at £15 and the other two at £23 each in 2018.
11-02-2020, 14:09   #19
odddavey

What's the general prognosis on the speaker? Only got mine today as was not in the office.
11-02-2020, 15:26   #20
2smiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by odddavey View Post
What's the general prognosis on the speaker? Only got mine today as was not in the office.
got mine last week, but have no tried them out. didn't need them, so will just use for presents !!
Advertisement
12-02-2020, 10:44   #21
basskebab

Quote:
Originally Posted by odddavey View Post
I bought one last week. I have some minirig portable speakers which are very good and was curious as to what a cheap little one like this would sound like. It's not really a fair comparison as the minirig costs 150!

The Anker feels well made and should last a while. You're never going to get good bass out of a speaker this small but the sound quality at low to medium volume levels is pretty decent. It does really suffer when you go to louder volumes, the treble gets really harsh and tinny and overpowers the bass which just gets lost as it can't match. This is a problem with a lot of cheap small speakers and where the minirigs really shine. They can go loud and still give good bass as they have a larger driver in them.

So it wont match the sound quality of a 150 quid speaker but once you have realistic expectations for a speaker only costing 25 you should be happy. I'm using it when I'm doing DIY as I don't mind it getting covered in dust and dirt and the fact that it's waterproof is an added bonus
(2) thanks from:
12-02-2020, 11:42   #22
slave1

Mod: Golf, ZTest
Great piece of kit, for the size/price point it's rock solid
12-02-2020, 12:58   #23
Suarezistheman

Had one of these but it got nicked then I was on a stag. Great piece of kit, just ordered again cheers OP
12-02-2020, 13:34   #24
bennyob

Any issues with customs?
Advertisement
13-02-2020, 11:04   #25
jtown

Thinking of ordering from site - Any issues to deliver to Ireland ?
13-02-2020, 11:44   #26
poitinstill

ordered on 29th no sign and no tracking supplied
13-02-2020, 12:26   #27
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyob View Post
Any issues with customs?
No customs duty applicable on imports with a combined value of less than €150.

VAT isn't collected where it would be €6 or less. The VAT on this would be €6.22 so it's conceivable that it would be collected, along with the delivery company's administration free (€10 for An Post).
Thanks from:
15-02-2020, 00:57   #28
crixos30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discodog View Post
I got the more powerful Soundcore Motion + in the sale. It's very impressive.
this is an amazing speaker i have mine a week and i think its the best ive owned
Thanks from:
15-02-2020, 04:56   #29
marklazarcovic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackster View Post
No customs duty applicable on imports with a combined value of less than €150.

VAT isn't collected where it would be €6 or less. The VAT on this would be €6.22 so it's conceivable that it would be collected, along with the delivery company's administration free (€10 for An Post).
I think.its a lot less than 150
16-02-2020, 12:03   #30
Quackster

Mod: Kerry, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklazarcovic View Post
I think.its a lot less than 150
No, €150 is the exact limit for customs duty. There may well be no customs duty applicable anyway.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion