Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

US congresswomen refuse to condemn brutal attack on ICE facility.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    I think over 90% of Americans might disagree with that.

I think 91% would agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I think 91% would agree.
    The Democrats released a poll that shows she only has a 9% approval rating, or something. Republicans didn't release that... Democrats did.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would like these people to put their vision their endgame of how they want America to look like

The full picture now

Not drip drip drip

Be honest with the people

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

So whats your point

My point - not super relevant to the thread, as I admitted- was you can't say a watch was cheap by comparing it to a car, because in any sane person's budget the % assigned to personal transport will dwarf the % assigned to a largely decorative timepiece.

I was merely pointing out a flaw in the logic of a post whose larger point I agreed with. My inner pedant drove me to it.

She's the best thing to happen politically for the American people in many many years.

Oh good god. I really wish that was sarcasm but I know it wasn't.

• Advertisement

The Democrats released a poll that shows she only has a 9% approval rating, or something. Republicans didn't release that... Democrats did.

I don't care what the democrats do. As much as the Republicans are a disgrace and actively hate the American people, the Democrats ain't that great.

Biden will lose against Trump. They need cull the elder Democrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

I don't care what the democrats do. As much as the Republicans are a disgrace and actively hate the American people, the Democrats ain't that great.

Biden will lose against Trump. They need cull the elder Democrats.

You wouldn’t fancy Hilary running again then?

You wouldn’t fancy Hilary running again then?

She was a better option than Trump but still, I wouldn't envy choosing between those two. She already won once.

She was a better option than Trump but still, I wouldn't envy choosing between those two. She already won once.

Sorry, ‘won’ what? If she won she would be in the White House? Or do you mean the meaningless so called ‘popular vote’?

I doubt they would be rigging the Democrat selection process for a second time if she chose to run again.

Sorry, ‘won’ what? If she won she would be in the White House? Or do you mean the meaningless so called ‘popular vote’?

I doubt they would be rigging the Democrat selection process for a second time if she chose to run again.

More members of the public voted for Clinton. That's good enough for me and most democracies.
    They'll want Biden. While he might be their best shot, it would be nice if they put forward some fresh blood IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

She's the best thing to happen politically for the American people in many many years.

Nonsense, she only won in her area because of no competition.
    A glass of water with a "D" beside it could have won in her district.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Nonsense, she only won in her area because of no competition.
    A glass of water with a "D" beside it could have won in her district.

How tough or easy she had it getting elected isn't my point. Did I say it was? She gets on Pelosi's tits, that's good for a start.

More members of the public voted for Clinton. That's good enough for me.

But not good enough to get elected, which was the reason for her raising and spending hundreds of millions of dollars. Unless she was actually targeting the popular vote as a moral victory but didn’t want to actually win. That would make sense in hindsight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The old Liberal guard need to go. The Republicans have no ethics and are only out for themselves as shown by their backing of the racist Trump.

Please defend that in any manor, this actually seems like the most outrageousstatement of this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 28,984 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

The so-called Right Wing seem to be far more intelligent than those on the left.

If the word "racist" hadn't been invented the liberal dummies would have an even smaller vocabulary.

if someone tells someone born in the same country as them, who has a different skin color, to go back to their own country, then they are a racist.
    they are saying the person of color is automatically not a citizen by virtue of the color of their skin.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Seems like After Hours in here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

But not good enough to get elected, which was the reason for her raising and spending hundreds of millions of dollars. Unless she was actually targeting the popular vote as a moral victory but didn’t want to actually win. That would make sense in hindsight though.

Ah yes, I remembered Abraham Lincoln's famous definition of democracy:
    Government of the electoral colleges, by the electoral colleges, for the electoral colleges.

Ah yes, I remembered Abraham Lincoln's famous definition of democracy:
    Government of the electoral colleges, by the electoral colleges, for the electoral colleges.

She lost. Get over it.

if someone tells someone born in the same country as them, who has a different skin color, to go back to their own country, then they are a racist.
    they are saying the person of color is automatically not a citizen by virtue of the color of their skin.

What exactly is a ‘person of color’?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

What exactly is a ‘person of color’?

A person who's skin colour is different from the person who's telling them to "go home"

• Advertisement

A person who's skin colour is different from the person who's telling them to "go home"

By that definition a white person could be a person of color? Are you sure that definition is correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

By that definition a white person could be a person of color? Are you sure that definition is correct?

Why does the definition matter?
    How would it detract from the sentiment?

If a black South African is telling a white South African to go back to Europe is he not a racist?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Before he was elected Trump was constantly complaining how much is wrong about America and how America needs to be made great again. Does that mean he can be told to go back to Scotland or Germany or wherever his family members were from. Because that's just following his logic.

Anyway I agree that AOC abd Trump are just made for each other and they will both benefit from their squabbles. Country might not but they will.

Why does the definition matter?
    How would it detract from the sentiment?

If a black South African is telling a white South African to go back to Europe is he not a racist?

Who is the ‘person of colour’ in that last scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

It is a well known fact that genuine emotion and the wearing of mid-range watches are mutually exclusive, what a fcuking cnut!

Seriously the stuff that people think are some kind of checkmate against AOC is hilarious, I know eff all about her I just keep seeing right-wing raving about her dancing in college, wearing a watch etc. I have to assume there's no actual substantive dirt on her if people are reduced to pretending things like that are big deals, god knows they're looking for anything to undermine her.

I mostly hear about her from right wing nut jobs. They do a great job of advertising her policies.

Interestingly enough in the same week Trump said airports were raided during the American war of Indepence AOC was being called stupid by republicans.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I mostly hear about her from right wing nut jobs. They do a great job of advertising her policies.

Interestingly enough in the same week Trump said airports were raised during the American war of Indepence AOC was being called stupid by republicans.

Raised? Or razed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

It's not rhetoric. They are concentration camps.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concentration%20camp

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Or something......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

And I am entitled to lump you in with other right wingers who do use it, because you lumped all left wingers in together and assume they all believe in the exactly the same things.

But it is over used by right wingers, who you claimed are smarter than left wingers because of their larger vocabulary.

Well its certainly unfair to generalise but this sort of hair splitting about terminology is typical libtard(there I said it) obfuscation.

I actually don't care what the left wing believes as most of them don't actually know themselves..a sort of white-guilt driven version of Marxism seems to be common.

Culturally and intellectually dangerous drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

I get the feeling posters are missing the point about why right wingers are amplifying AOC and the rest of the "squads" profile, its because they are betting she puts of swing state voters, it also helps that it creates instability and issues for the democrats that are more important as the recent Pelosi stuff highlights. Just because Trump might have dementia by this stage doesn't mean all the republican operatives are clueless.

She does run a good social media game, the dancing video was shared by a unknown account with few followers and then amplified by her supporters as it put out a positive image of her and a negative view of her critics, was there actually any real conservative "backlash" to it?

Advertisement