Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BMW 320D 05, squeaky brakes

• 11-07-2019 8:55am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

Recently purchased 2nd hand, full NCT until next May but have noticed the brakes are a bit squeaky fro time to time.

Problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If the brakes appears to work as they should I wouldn't worry.
    Do you know when they were last changed?
    Is there any smells, or heat, from the wheels?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

This could be any number of things.

What does the brake wear indicator say in the on-board computer? It should tell you how many miles/km you have left until they need changing.

It's also possible that when the pads were last changed there wasn't any copper grease put on the back of the pads to prevent brake squealing.

The pad may also have become a little loose from its carrier and is rubbing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Thanks for the replies, i'll check the on-board computer and see what it tells me

Advertisement