Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The glorious 12th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭cgcsb

It's clear that the 'protestate state for a protestant people' remains in place. The authorities won't do anything to stop this and will continue to mollycoddle the loyalist knacks but they'll take grannies to court over putting Irish language signs on their houses. The whole 'Northern Ireland' state is rotten and needs tearing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ciarang85 wrote: »
    There's more culture in a yogurt than there is in that shower

B-b-but they have Ulster Scots! Which is totally a language bit of an accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

One things for certain if that was some years ago in a nationalist area the British army would be steaming in like a flash to dismantle it and anything else that was in its way.

And you'd have Coveney or Charlie Flanagan condemning it.

I say let the nationalists build anti-British bonfires with effigies of their crowd, if the British media etc, have a problem with it, they may stop turning a blind eye to the loyalist KKKulture

caff wrote: »
    Republicans light bonfires in August to mark internment

hardly remotely on the same scale. This is a tired old argument to mollycoddle loyalists, give out about the streets being painted blue white and red and an epic amount of flags, and they'll point to a much lower key display or republicanism. The two are hardly in the same league.

I say let the nationalists build anti-British bonfires with effigies of their crowd, if the British media etc, have a problem with it, they may stop turning a blind eye to the loyalist KKKulture

They do that because their 'culture' is an inferior one, they are aware of this. Nationalists needn't stoop to such a level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Noveight wrote: »
    Mickey Harte shouldn’t have apologized for the team singing ‘Ra tunes on the bus.

They can burn effigies no problem in the bonfire but get offended by a few lads singing 'Ra tunes on a bus :rolleyes:

cgcsb wrote: »
    hardly remotely on the same scale. This is a tired old argument to mollycoddle loyalists, give out about the streets being painted blue white and red and an epic amount of flags, and they'll point to a much lower key display or republicanism. The two are hardly in the same league.

There isn't a day on the BBC dedicated to Republican parades, nor are there British government ministers/politicians attending them and encouraging burning flags ogmf the neighbouring country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

And they are perfectly right.

They do that because their 'culture' is an inferior one, they are aware of this. Nationalists needn't stoop to such a level.

Sure, but if you replace 'kill all Taigs' with Brits/Prods etc, you would soon see how disgusted British people would be with it, and see the demands to end them.

It's so institutionalised, normalised, hypocritical and disgusting.

I can guarantee you it wouldn't be an "Irish thing" then, they'd soon pass laws banning hate marches.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

nope .. hasn't been a bonfire in West Belfast for a few years .. check out http://feilebelfast.com/ thats what happens now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

In-glorious Bastards the lot of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 66,745 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Sure, but if you replace 'kill all Taigs' with Brits/Prods etc, you would soon see how disgusted British people would be with it, and see the demands to end them.

It's so institutionalised, normalised, hypocritical and disgusting.

I can guarantee you it wouldn't be an "Irish thing" then, they'd soon pass laws banning hate marches.

July - that time of year when bigots express their bigotry and partitionists vainly attempt to defend them and say 'they are all the same up there'.

Never gets old. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Good choice of words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    My Birthday :)

My uncle's birthday! ....wait a minute....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Seanachai

What would really take the wind out of their sails would be to dial it back to pagan times, have meat roasting on spits, storytelling, music. Even invite the people from the protestant side who don't like the sectarian stuff. The more ire you throw at them, the more determined the loyalists get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭dinorebel

It's massive ! like a building, how the hell does it stay stable, is there many injuries of lads falling when they are putting pallets on the top ??

Unfortunately not.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,865 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

There is no easy way to stop this. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Let them at it and have a venting burning party, let off steam and curse the Taigs, but surely there should be some law that says these monstrosities should not be constructed within x metres of homes/businesses. That's just common sense and respect for your neighbours, who are presumably of the same Loyalist tradition given that the bonfires are being placed in such areas.

I dunno. Better than ongoing murder mayhem and bombings is one way of looking at it.

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    nope .. hasn't been a bonfire in West Belfast for a few years .. check out http://feilebelfast.com/ thats what happens now

Music, art, dancing, ted talks etc. would be beyond the cultural scope of loyalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I think this whole thing shows how paper thin British “wokeness” is. Where’s Antifa when you need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

Music, art, dancing, ted talks etc. would be beyond the cultural scope of loyalism.

well .. there is "music" and "dancing"

David Irvine .. he was the man .. he could have sorted it out

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I think this whole thing shows how paper thin British “wokeness” is. Where’s Antifa when you need them.
    I don’t think Antifa would fancy their chances on the Loyalist 11th Night:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭LithiumKid1976

it would be fun to see there reaction if , god forbid, someone spilled some petrol on it, and it went up in flames at night.. .

getting close to it would be the issue.

...im thinking "Drones......"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

East Belfast this evening.

What a depressing sight to behold.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Delighted that Westminster forced the legalisation of same-sex marriage and abortion on the North. Yet again the province is dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

This will give the loyalist troglodytes something to rant bout. There are times when I'm frankly ashamed to admit that I was born in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

United Ireland?

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,020 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Mad_maxx wrote: »

To further the point, the southern red necks are Scots Irish

And the feckers brought their music with them.

https://youtu.be/65a2q0sFwbo

You'd think in this day and age they'd be playing Xbox's now instead of flutes and drums...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Delighted that Westminster forced the legalisation of same-sex marriage and abortion on the North. Yet again the province is dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

This will give the loyalist troglodytes something to rant bout. There a times when I'm frankly ashamed to admit that I was born in Belfast.

Only if there is no government in NI by Oct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Just looking on Snapchat and there was a machine taking pallets off the top. Snap from about 3 hrs ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,942 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

evil_seed wrote: »
    f82c9imyr1931.jpg

Does not work mate,

Now if you have of said Legend wait for it

Legenderry it may have sounded better :)

Advertisement