Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you remove the Georgian Bars in double glaze window

• 04-07-2019 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Is there any way you can remove the internal georgian bars (? not sure if this is the correct name - the bars internally between both window panes) from a double glazed window? They are brown and horrble and I would like to paint the windows which are brown and take out the brown separators inside the double glazing? so we can open up the light....

Hope this makes sense?
    any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

eeinke wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Is there any way you can remove the internal georgian bars (? not sure if this is the correct name - the bars internally between both window panes) from a double glazed window? They are brown and horrble and I would like to paint the windows which are brown and take out the brown separators inside the double glazing? so we can open up the light....

Hope this makes sense?
    any help appreciated

No you can't. The glazing units are sealed. As is everything placed into them. Replacing the glass panels is the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭eeinke

Thank you! will just have to grow to love them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I assume the windows are wooden.? (hardwood?),
    The glass isn't usually the dearest part of the window, so it may not be prohibitively expensive to get the double glazed panels replaced (and upgraded maybe?) it'd be a good time to get any seals replaced, and possibly new locks or handles,
    Even if not getting it done now, it could be something to plan around,

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement