Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Folks, you with the dryer problems: invest in a dehumidifier, it'll change your clothes drying life, it's way cheaper to run than a dryer, the fire risk is waaaaaay lower, and there's no fluff to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

New Home wrote: »
    Folks, you with the dryer problems: invest in a dehumidifier, it'll change your clothes drying life, it's way cheaper to run than a dryer, the fire risk is waaaaaay lower, and there's no fluff to rmovee.

Do you mean use a clothes horse and a dehumidifier? Kitchen would be full of clothes drying every day though.

TA: My son and lodger seem to use several towels each day, which are then thrown into their washing baskets. Would need several clothes horses to keep up-to-date.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or maybe get your son to start doing the washing himself, I bet the number of towels used would drop considerably.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Am I getting sick or aren't I, make up your God damn mind immune system.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Am I getting sick or aren't I, make up your God damn mind immune system.

Hayfever? It's been kicking in for me recently. Is this the first havfever post of the year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grayson wrote: »
    Hayfever? It's been kicking in for me recently. Is this the first havfever post of the year?

Nah, I don't get Hayfever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Nah, I don't get Hayfever.

Never used to either :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    It’s a washer dryer actually, not sure if it’s a condenser one but anyway, my point still stands :rolleyes:

Oh I haven’t done that, I’ll have a look and see if that helps :)
    In a previous house share we had a washer/dryer and it was rubbish. You have to take half of the clothes out for it to work so that the air can circulate. The drum of a dryer is twice that of a washer. Whoever thought it was a good idea to combine the two needs their head testing. I have a condenser dryer and it's great apart from the incessant beeping when it's finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My expenses were paid today so I was like "Oooh, totally taking myself out for lunch". Til I remembered I took my debit card out of my wallet this morning to make sure I wouldn't go out for lunch because I was broke. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

The annoyingly over use of the words Award Winning. It's on nearly every second food item you purchase.

I seen it advertised recently in a pub where you can rent out the lounge with an Award Winning DJ.

Really, an Award Winning DJ, what did they win? Best attendance at school.

• Advertisement

The annoyingly over use of the words Award Winning. It's on nearly every second food item you purchase.

I seen it advertised recently in a pub where you can rent out the lounge with an Award Winning DJ.

Really, an Award Winning DJ, what did they win? Best attendance at school.
    That's an award winning post right there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,894 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The use of the word "woke" in today's society. P*ss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grayson wrote: »

Haybands .
    Sound crazy but they work :)

TA ,
    I'm cold today .

I'm waiting for word from another poster on the forum but there has been no word yet

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My dog has been on hunger strike and refusing to eat his kibble since returning from his week long holiday at my sister’s house where he was treated to steak, potatoes, roast chicken, gravy, the works, every single day. His bag of food returned unopened so it clearly wasn’t used. Every time I fill his food bowl he looks at me as if to say “bltch is that it? Gimme some of that nice lady stuff”. He has certainly gained a little holiday weight and seems to be pining after my sister. I played an audio recording of hers this morning and he shot over to the window thinking she was outside. You’d swear he was living in the wars here the spoilt little shlt

I'm waiting for word from another poster on the forum but there has been no word yet

:pac::pac:

See what you did there, BB. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at getting Cramp in my calf muscle, painful!

New Home wrote: »
    See what you did there, BB. :D

Care to explain homeo ? :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you're trying to have an oul shnakey Boards break in work and people keep quoting pictures.

Bit of coconut stuck between my teeth. I'll be working on this for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bit of coconut stuck between my teeth. I'll be working on this for a while.

floss harps are your only man. I keep a box in my desk drawer for exactly this reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you go to Lidl/Aldi to get a special buy item and they never got it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭heretothere

When you go to Lidl/Aldi to get a special buy item and they never got it in!

It's handbags at dawn to get some of those deals!

TA - I want to rip my nose off with allergies

Care to explain homeo ? :-P

Ask Dial Hard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's handbags at dawn to get some of those deals!

Try getting €5 tins of Chocolate Kimberley before Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

That kid is on the escalator again!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Beginning to realise that I don't like any of my clothes. I haven't clothes shopped in years. My newest pair of jeans is from 2012 :(
    Feeling old and frumpy

When you get a 'memory' from 5 years ago on Facebook and you have the exact same clothes on as I am wearing now.

Thrifty Pawwed Rig is thrifty.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Beginning to realise that I don't like any of my clothes. I haven't clothes shopped in years. My newest pair of jeans is from 2012 :(
    Feeling old and frumpy

When you get a 'memory' from 5 years ago on Facebook and you have the exact same clothes on as I am wearing now.

On the flip side, I see the clothes in those memories and say damn that was nice, if only it still fit :-(

There’s a few sales on now, you could start by getting a few basics and if they work, you can be more adventurous if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Feeling old and frumpy

Meet your brother, hate clothes shopping with a passion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Feeling old and frumpy

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Meet your brother, hate clothes shopping with a passion.

Same here bro's, Its a major ta.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement