Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Suggestion on In-Car Camera

Options
  • 16-05-2019 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to make some videos for my driving school such as mock tests, test routes, video tutorials etc. For the Test Routes I was going to just use my phone or the camera on my tablet but I see some of the UK Driving schools have 2 working simultaneously 1 of the view the car is going in and another inside the car of the instructor and the driver. It seems like the camera is stuck to the windscreen.

Can anyone suggest a relatively cheap camera to use In car please?

Also to get the synchronised, would this just be a manual effort during editing?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

They're likely dual camera dashcams.
    Suction cupped or with an adhesive mount attached to your windscreen.
    With one camera facing out to the road and the other facing inside to the cabin.

And I'm surprised that you don't have them already in driving school cars although it's been a long while since I learnt to drive.

There's a huge thread in the motors section on DashCams.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237&page=235

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

They're likely dual camera dashcams.
    Suction cupped or with an adhesive mount attached to your windscreen.
    With one camera facing out to the road and the other facing inside to the cabin.

And I'm surprised that you don't have them already in driving school cars although it's been a long while since I learnt to drive.

There's a huge thread in the motors section on DashCams.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237&page=235

Thanks. I wasn't aware that dashcams could record sound as well?

Advertisement