Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pat Kenny Show

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

shockwave wrote: »
    If he doesnt go back to RTE tv then im sure tv3 will snap him up.

Ha ha, yeah, he can do Xposé with the girls or he can be the new presenter of Midday with, er, the girls...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I often listen to Global Village on my way to work on a sat night and here's what i think.

Any time I tune into that show the presenter is always dropping in to the conversation that she is a lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Twitter has gone into meltdown over this.

Money, money, money!

This means no more tv for Kenny? He may regret that, unless TV3 get him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Twitter has gone into meltdown over this.

Money, money, money!

This means no more tv for Kenny? He may regret that, unless TV3 get him?

Ha ha, yeah, he can do Xposé with the girls or he can be the new presenter of Midday with, er, the girls...

Dustin is having a field day on twitter account lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭GSF

Ha ha, yeah, he can do Expose with the girls or he can be the new presenter of Midday with, er, the girls...
    Or go head to head with vinb#

Ha ha, yeah, he can do Expose with the girls or he can be the new presenter of Midday with, er, the girls...

Or he could develop his own new programme to rival The Late Late? Something which TV3 are looking at again.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭luckyboy

Or he could develop his own new programme to rival The Late Late? Something which TV3 are looking at again.

I would love to see this happen ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

I think Pat just had to have a look at John Bowman to see what his likely fate at RTE was going to be. He has teenage kids, his pension went wallop in the crash and there's George Hook still working away at Newstalk at 73.

Miriam attacked what is supposed to be just a temporary gig filling in for an ill colleague with all the enthusiasm of someone who really wants a weekday radio show. I think she will be Pat's replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Marian Finucane must be Sh***ing herself. If RTE wouldn't pay Kenny, what chance does she have of having her cushy deal renewed ?

Personally, I think its a "potentially" good move for all concerned.

RTE need a shake up, they needed to prove that they could be aggressive in negotiating with the top-paid talent and Pat Kenny can try to prove that he can attract an audience, not just hold an audience, when some of that audience don't actually know that there is more than one radio station in Ireland ( My parents and some of their friends have radios that have not changed station since the thing was bought).

I realise that RTE can easily mess this up, but I'm in a good mood, I wont complain about that until they do.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

I think she will be Pat's replacement.
    They should just keep Miles Dungan, he fills in pretty well for Pat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Luis21 wrote: »
    Jaysus Pat looks old doesn't he ?

Must be thinking of his pension.

Thats the way he looks without the RTE makeover department :D

Not a problem on Newstalk!

Lets hope he turns up on Vincent Browne :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,975 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Caledonman wrote: »
    The questions is, who will come into 2FM??

Lottie :pac:

huskerdu wrote: »
    Marian Finucane must be Sh***ing herself. If RTE wouldn't pay Kenny, what chance does she have of having her cushy deal renewed ?

It has already been renewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Miriam attacked what is supposed to be just a temporary gig filling in for an ill colleague with all the enthusiasm of someone who really wants a weekday radio show. I think she will be Pat's replacement.

Would be an awful choice. Her ostensibly 'hardnosed' approach to current affairs is just superficial, and as her talk show stints on the box have shown, she's totally lost when it comes to lighter segments (which did have a place on Kenny's show...it can't just be exactly the same as Morning Ireland).

Probably will be her though.

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Would be an awful choice. Her ostensibly 'hardnosed' approach to current affairs is just superficial, and as her talk show stints on the box have shown, she's totally lost when it comes to lighter segments (which did have a place on Kenny's show...it can't just be exactly the same as Morning Ireland).

I don't mind who gets it, I'll be following Pat to Newstalk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

RTE are looking to replace Kenny with a jobbridge intern

I don't mind who gets it, I'll be following Pat to Newstalk.

God, O'Brien really has the chequebook out. Who next?

snubbleste wrote: »
    RTE are looking to replace Kenny with a jobbridge intern

...who is related to someone at the station and can move onto a 500k contract next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭serfboard

I'm late to the party ... two hours in and almost 100 posts!

Shocked like all the rest of ye ... agree with all the below
    Skid X wrote: »
    Denis O'Brien must have got the chequebook out at last.
    rovert wrote: »
    Tom Done?
    Lapin wrote: »
    If RTÉ are serious about going head to head with Kenny on Newstalk they'd offer Philip Boucher Hayes a contract now and tell him to fill out his own T&Cs on it.
    washiskin wrote: »
    Bets on "Gennnnnnnnuinely" nabbing the slot? 100-1 I'd say - unless, of course, they are thinking of subjecting us Radio 1 listeners to DLB :eek:
    I hope not, Clare Byrne would probably be the best bet for a similar sort of show, but she'd still come nowhere near the Plank.
    I think he'll find himself a lot more restricted under Denis O'Brien than he ever was at Montrose.
    telekon wrote: »
    I agree with the notion of Philip Boucher Hayes getting the nod for Pat's time-slot. He would offer a great alternative to PK. We would actually have some choice amongst the mid-morning radio shows for once. :eek:

... As long as the top brass in RTE don't see this as the perfect opportunity to get golden boy Tubridy back over to his more 'natural' home of Radio 1, I for one am very happy with the news.
    What does that mean for the Lunchtime slot?
    Lapin wrote: »
    It will probably start a half an hour closer to Lunchtime.
    So it'll only be an hour long? They struggle to get through the show as it is.. hardly seems worth the bother if it's now gonna be even more time-constrained... Maybe they'll push Moncrieff back by a half hour.
    Caledonman wrote: »
    who would bet agains't Tubridy going back to RTE 1.. he is such a disaster on 2fm, and this way everyone saves face in him moving home as it will be PR's as a strategic move.. The questions is, who will come into 2FM??
    huskerdu wrote: »
    RTE need a shake up, they needed to prove that they could be aggressive in negotiating with the top-paid talent and Pat Kenny can try to prove that he can attract an audience, not just hold an audience, when some of that audience don't actually know that there is more than one radio station in Ireland ( My parents and some of their friends have radios that have not changed station since the thing was bought).
    They should just keep Miles Dungan, he fills in pretty well for Pat.
    Radiosonde wrote: »
    [Miriam] Would be an awful choice. Her ostensibly 'hardnosed' approach to current affairs is just superficial, and as her talk show stints on the box have shown, she's totally lost when it comes to lighter segments (which did have a place on Kenny's show...it can't just be exactly the same as Morning Ireland).

Probably will be her though.

If it's Miriam, Tubridy or Claire Byrne that get the gig, then I'll be with Pat on Newstalk.

What about Rachel English? A very under-rated broadcaster IMO, and she could have a longer lie-in!

• Advertisement

Claire Byrne is better than Miriam. I hope she gets it.

How long has been Pat doing Today with Pat Kenny anyway?

Kenny's memorable tv moments, worth a look for a laugh:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/pat-kennys-memorable-moments-at-rte-602218.html

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

I wonder will he get a programme on TV3?

Edit: sorry shockwave, you've already mentioned it.

Claire Byrne is better than Miriam. I hope she gets it.
    Have you not heard her 'hosting' The Late Debate in the past? Air & Head are words that spring to mind

Obligatory dodgy photo required
    90309034.jpg

DO'B might as well be hissing exxxcelllllent a la monty burns in that pic

Pat is going to be on the Right Hook after 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭touts

I wonder who is happiest today. Pat Kenny to finally have just one job to do (assuming the contents of his Primetime desk are sitting in a box at security for him to collect). Claire Byrne to have just one more old timer to climb over for the top currents affairs job in RTE. Myles Dungan for finally getting the job full time (I noticed this morning it was branded Today with Myles Dungan so I suspect he'll take some shifting out of the slot).

Actually I suspect it is Tom Dunne that finally the misery is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Audrey Carville would be a great replacement, but probably not a big enough "name".

It would make sense to use this as an excuse to move Tubridy back to Radio 1, without needing to admit that his stint on 2FM has been a massive failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Now being discussed as the headline item on Drivetime, you'd think he'd dropped dead instead of just moving up the dial.

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

What's going to happen tom dunne? He's not bad but was getting a bit light entertainment fluff..

Advertisement