Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's out there.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Rocky Bay

I doff my hat and send my compliments to Ray O' Donoghue for the picture he took yesterday in Bantry Bay of the Orpheas with the Alfa Germania in the background. Brilliant. Well done Ray, well done!!! Somehow, someway I am going to figure out how to make that picture my screensaver. And if I could also figure out how to put that picture on a T-shirt I would make a vast fortune, with royalties to Ray of course!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Right click on the image-save as.go to where you save the image right click-set as desktop background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

This one?
    showphoto.aspx?photoid=831826

Yes, that is THE one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Just looking at marine traffic for the west coast, Seen this heading to Killybegs in from Corrib.
    Got this photo when was up there last year when she was in.

NormandSubsea_Killybegs.jpg

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Advertisement

mp22 wrote: »
    Right click on the image-save as.go to where you save the image right click-set as desktop background.
    Thank You. It took a lot of clicks a couple of curses but now I have one of the most interesting desktop backgrounds where I work. When I get home I will try to do the laptop. Thanks again.

In the event that anybody was wondering about the Freja Hafnia...it is now east of Sandy Hook, N.J. and south of Hampton Bays, N.Y. eastbound with New York still listed as its destination. At this stage New York is far behind it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Alfa Germania came up onto the SPM to load.

mp22 wrote: »
    Alfa Germania came up onto the SPM to load.

Expected to go to anchor outside Cork harbour this evening. Meanwhile Rio Taku is this weeks "banana boat".(Formerly Maersk Nolanville).

Expected to go to anchor outside Cork harbour this evening. Meanwhile Rio Taku is this weeks "banana boat".(Formerly Maersk Nolanville).
    Is the SCF Primorve still in the bay? A.I.S. has not shown its location for two days and when I try to look it up, it shows "out of range". Perhaps its signal has be turned off. Been watching the "banana boat" since I got into work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

clicked on the keriole just outside bantry says on location "anywhere but here" at least someone has a sense of humour, also two naval vessels L.E. Roisin L.E. Aoife anchored at spike island and L.E. Orla underway from cork harbour

I was poking around the Maersk website and found some information about the "banana boat" service. It is listed under "Central America and Caribbean Express" (CRX). The schedule published is for into early November.
    The calls are: Veracruz, Altamira, Port of Big Creek, Manzanillo, Puerto Moin, Puerto Limon, Cork, Tilbury, Rotterdam, Bremerhaven and St.Petersburg, PLP.
    The Ships are: Esther Schulte, Rio Taku, Ocean Promise, Nedlloyd Adriana, Maersk Nairobi, Anna Schulte, Maersk Norwich, Thelka Schulte and Marianne Schulte.
    This is all subject to change of course, not all voyages call at all ports. As an example Puerto Limon is called at only once, 10/6/12.

was driving home from work and saw this beauty docked on the quay in waterford http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?imo=8903923

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

was driving home from work and saw this beauty docked on the quay in waterford http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/showallphotos.aspx?imo=8903923

reminds one of the livestock trade

reminds one of the livestock trade
    haha very true that but the only difference is that this lot of "cattle" will dump a large amount of cash in waterford

SCF Primorve has departed Whiddy and is now on its way to Scotland, at least that is what its desination on A.I.S. indicates. Its seems to have sailed north between the Skelligs and the Kerry coast. I would think they would sail on the far side of the Skelligs and not so close to any land. Since I don't have "sealegs" it must be a normal course I imagine.

Rather odd I thought, the Atlantic Compass sitting off the southwest coast of Dursey Island for the last few hours. I was always under the impression that ACL ships were held to a strict schedule with pressure to get to the next call.

Could be ahead of schedule due to tailwind? Depending on where they are coming from they could gain half a day, and there may not be much room at lay by for a ship of their size.

Could be ahead of schedule due to tailwind? Depending on where they are coming from they could gain half a day, and there may not be much room at lay by for a ship of their size.
    ...12 hours later she is still off the south coast, south of Hook Head as I type. Alfa Germania still outside Cork and the SCF Primorve still laying off Clare. I have a lot to learn about ship operations...

Rocky Bay wrote: »
    ...12 hours later she is still off the south coast, south of Hook Head as I type. Alfa Germania still outside Cork and the SCF Primorve still laying off Clare. I have a lot to learn about ship operations...
    alfa germania is alongside whitegate now more than likely was waiting ahead of schedule to head in and unload

• Advertisement

there's two tankers at whitegate alfa germania and B gas lotta and a third off the baltimore west cork forth fisher which is steaming for whitegate

The Fisher tankers are weekly visitors, and shuttle product between Wales, Dublin, Whitegate, Limerick and Galway.
    They are also equipped to cleanup oil spills at sea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Excalibur jack up barge is currently sitting in the middle of Dublin Bay, anyone know what they are doing?

5450644646_2276a523a4_z.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It seems to back for Round 2 of borehole drilling for the Ringsend Waste Water Treatment Programme.

Round 1 last year : http://www.sail.ie/wp222/?p=508

Afloat article from yesterday: http://afloat.ie/port-news/dun-laoghaire-news/item/18972-rig-returns-in-dublin-bay-not-for-oil-but-for-preliminary-sewage-pipeline-work

And the NOTICE TO MARINERS: http://www.dublinport.ie/fileadmin/user_upload/documents/2012-15_Borehole_drilling_within_Dublin_Bay.pdf

I'm a bit puzzled as I thought the Ringsend treatment works was doing tertiary treatment which should mean it's almost drinkable so wouldn't need to be discharged so far out (9 kms). That was the aspiration back in the day. Mind you that's going on what I remember from 1988 and the auld memory is rusty on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Alfa Germania is on the go again, it's on the way to the Hebredies.

Alfa Germania is on the go again, it's on the way to the Hebredies.
    ...and the SCF Primorye is also on the move.

...as I type this the Nedlloyd Adriana approaches the Old Head of Kinsale, here is the "banana boat" schedule up until early November. All of course subject to change:
    28 Jun. Maersk Nairobi
    6 Jul. Anna Schulte
    13 Jul. Esther Schulte
    20 Jul. Thekla Schulte
    27 Jul. Ocean Promise
    3 Aug. Nedlloyd Adriana
    10 Aug. Marianne Schulte
    17 Aug. Maersk Norwich
    24 Aug. Maersk Nairobi
    31 Aug. Anna Schulte
    7 Sep. Esther Schulte
    14 Sep. Thekla Schulte
    21 Sep. Ocean promise
    28 Sep. Nedlloyd Adriana
    5 Oct. Marianne Schulte
    12 Oct. Maersk Norwich
    19 Oct. Maersk Nairobi
    26 Oct. Anna Schulte
    2 Nov. Esther Schulte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Irish Ferries HSC Jonathan Swift arrived into Dublin approximatley 1 hour late (14:48) due to an engine failure which occured when the vessel attempted to depart Holyhead at 11:50.

This type of technical issue is hitting this vessel a bit more regularly, maybe its time for an upgrade

• Advertisement

Nice visitor to Cork Harbour at the moment.
    showphoto.aspx?photoid=854476

Georg Stage, Danish 3 masted Tall Ship.

Advertisement