Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Wars: The Old Republic General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Ah, well that's a screw-up on their part mate. You should've either got a game case containing your preorder code or it should've been printed on the receipt when you paid the €5/€20 deposit depending on whether you bought a regular edition or a collectors edition. You did have to pay a deposit right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Congratulations!
    You have successfully redeemed the following code: YEHRIGHTLOLZ

You are now registered for the following items:
    STAR WARS(TM): The Old Republic(TM) Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order

Seriously excited. So glad that I stopped playing WOW 8 or so months ago and completely ignored anything to do with swtor. I didnt even know this game existed tbh! If I'd have known I'd be waiting a loooooong time raging at the time I've spent waiting. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

red_ice wrote: »
    Seriously excited. So glad that I stopped playing WOW 8 or so months ago and completely ignored anything to do with swtor. I didnt even know this game existed tbh! If I'd have known I'd be waiting a loooooong time raging at the time I've spent waiting. :pac:

But that time spent waiting makes it even more exciting :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »
    But that time spent waiting makes it even more exciting :)

And makes the crushing disappointment all the more worse when it fails to match out expectations :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Kiith wrote: »
    And makes the crushing disappointment all the more worse when it fails to match out expectations :pac:

But will it be crushingly disappointing ? does it have that "bleh" feeling ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Beta lived up to my expectations, so I'm not holding out for crushing. =p

It didn't live up to 100% of my expectations but frankly unless it had a five-hundred million dollar budget, Luceno and Stover supervising the writing team and BioWare and Mythic's best doing beyond their best possible work for the entire five years then it probably never was. :o

What we did get was a fantastically polished end product which makes excellent use of the IP to create a very enjoyable game which most players will fall straight into without issues. There are some aspects of class balance which need work but I very much doubt anyone is up for "crushing disappointment".

Now for the most important question in this entire thread...

What is your Legacy name going to be? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Now for the most important question in this entire thread...

What is your Legacy name going to be? :P

I've been thinking of that and still not 100% sure!! Decisions, decisions!

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

wtf is a legacy name

• Advertisement

At level10, you need to choose a surname basically. That name will be used for all future alts on the same server. I think you can get Legacy xp as well, with certain benefits to your characters. As suggested on another forum, if i was in on day 1, i'd definitely have a Smuggler names Malcom, and then select the Legacy name or Reynolds.

With the Captain title :P

James Kirk would also work...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well got my email, I'm in on early access from the 13th.

Game client already downloaded.

Let the grind begin!

**I'll be streaming my play over @ www.twitch.tv/furyio

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

TheDoc wrote: »

Let the grind begin!

You Jammie git, What did you add your pre-order code be interested to know

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TheDoc wrote: »

Let the grind begin!

I thought they said they will email WHEN you can play and not before?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Indeed. Here's the text of the mail:
    Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I got a code from gamestop

What is the next step? Im not even sure is it the right one so it'd be nice to see does it work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Headshot wrote: »
    I got a code from gamestop

What is the next step? Im not even sure is it the right one so it'd be nice to see does it work
    Log in, then go here and on the right go to 'Pre-Order' and stick the code in.

[edit] It may be under the 'code redemption' rather than 'pre order' can't remember.

Get in

The codes works. Thanks Blowfish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Dcully wrote: »
    I thought they said they will email WHEN you can play and not before?

They did, he probably thought his email was his entry time. the 13th is when the early access starts if you read the email you will see that does not mean you are guaranteed in on the 13th.

At level10, you need to choose a surname basically. That name will be used for all future alts on the same server. I think you can get Legacy xp as well, with certain benefits to your characters. As suggested on another forum, if i was in on day 1, i'd definitely have a Smuggler names Malcom, and then select the Legacy name or Reynolds.

With the Captain title :P

James Kirk would also work...
    It's not level 10, it's at the end of Act 1, so when you finish your class quests on Tatooine and Alderaan. (which will be the 5th and 6th planets respectively) Should be at about level 30.

I'll be going with "Kanet", as it's surname for Main character (Lol, I r RPfag)

• Advertisement

I'm torn on the legacy surname to be honest. On the one side 3 of my 4 Republic characters all have the same surname and therefore it's very handy to be able to grab it if I can. On the other hand I wish you'd just been able to give a unique surname to each character, being able to reuse ones you've already chosen before.

Some lot of downloading

How many GB's over all is it?

Folder ends up being about 18.5 gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I don't know what I'm going to play. So many fun choices and not damage meters to determine the be all spec (I kinda like this).

I was thinking something ranged since I always play melee and am a little bored of it. BH Merc looks good. Tried Imp Agent Sniper in beta but wasn't sure on cover system.

I'm not sure of the claims that all dps specs are pave viable. Concealment spec stands out as one that wouldn't be viable though there is only pvp footage on YouTube. Infact swtor class forums is all pvp talk. I didn't realise pvp is so popular now

Each Advanmced class has at least 2 DPS Specs, I think one is generally more PvP oriented.

Raphael wrote: »
    Each Advanmced class has at least 2 DPS Specs, I think one is generally more PvP oriented.

Maybe I'll just go melee to be safe. I know how to tank and dps. Could go juggernaut, maurader or assassin.

Assassin seems cool as it looks like a feral Druid broke down into separate bear/kitty trees. Also I loved stealth when playing a rogue in wow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

Sweet, my beta client seems to be a 15mb file away from playable :)

So whats up with duel specs?

How will ATT function in the first few days of this? When I log in for the first time I wanna know what server I should be on etc - I REALLY dont want to have to start again on another server :s

<edit>Download complete, robot noises made so I'm ready to log in :]</edit>

Dual-specs are expected to make an appearance after launch but won't be there right away, same as the system to replace chest matching.

Dual-specs are expected to make an appearance after launch but won't be there right away, same as the system to replace chest matching.

Chest matching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Chest matching?

It was a System to match the colour to you chest plate armour you wore so th at all bit would match instead of the wow clown look

Advertisement