Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

With regards the different type of Zombies, I think it started as a Science/Military experiment to create new weapons. The Behemoths, runners, Little ones and Jumpers were never human but created in a Lab. (IMO)

I think that because they suggested that the Jumpers have died out and that would mean a limited starting pool rather than them being created from the infected population, also the little ones had a number tattooed on them which would suggest batch numbers of some sort..

When they got loose and attacked normal people, they either became normal Z's or smart ones.

As for the Colored/tattooed one, there was a piece in one of the early episodes about a tattooed prisoner's trial. He was a murderer and schizophrenic, I think he might have become the tattooed zombie.

As for the man in the pin striped suit, I don't know why, but I get the feeling that he might have been involved in the out brake out in the first place, maybe being on the team of scientists that created the first Zombie creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

I'm with ya Deise. I think we're dealing w/ a man-made disaster. At this point it is hard to say if it has spread across the globe yet, from what I recall.

I wonder if some of the Mallers might know more about this, as former prisoners who I assume were tested on, and that is why they are currently trying to blow up the arena and whatever else it is they are doing... I'd also like to know what kind of radios they have and how they decoded the zombie language, aka howls, screams, etc...

The pin stripe suit is who I wonder about as well... I have no good handle on who or what that guy is. Only for sure thing is that he's trouble.

The white zone is for immediate loading or unloading only... :D

Whoa - has anyone else listened to Chapter 22 Part 1 yet?!?!?! Helluva ending!

Need to discuss.... :D

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Whoa - has anyone else listened to Chapter 22 Part 1 yet?!?!?! Helluva ending!

Need to discuss.... :D

Damm You and your computer with working speakers:(

Damm You and your computer with working speakers:(

Got headphones???? It's seriously worth it... don't want to spoil it though, even though this IS a spoiler thread.

Ok - I guess I will. :rolleyes:
    Who did the shooting and did he/she shoot Pippen AND Hope? That's tough if they shot a blind teen... but such is life in the Zpoc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

Just listened to it, oh my god!
    Sounds like pippin knew him, some cold blooded killer to kill both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

oops

so they must be the tower traitor who hid the ammo etc, yeah?

yes i would say so, maybe it wasnt bill!
    this is the thread tagged spoilers though, no need to hide your post :)

I think Bill DID steal the ammo, etc - but there is another traitor in the tower. Probably someone that was in touch w/ the mallers and tried to help them take the tower earlier.

And yeah - Pippen did know him/her it sure sounded like. I'd bet the alarm in the armory was a distraction to get them outta the guard post. But was the goal to get rid of Pippen or Hope? Or to just make a mess? Could be he/she shot the radio and not Hope to cut off communicatoin?

Guesses? My vote is that there is more than one person involved but I don't know who. Steven? Kelly? Pegs? Saul's Mom?

It was someone that got the silenced pistol out of the bag Bert and Saul had...

Wow... really can't wait until next week.

• Advertisement

I think Bill DID steal the ammo, etc - but there is another traitor in the tower. Probably someone that was in touch w/ the mallers and tried to help them take the tower earlier.

And yeah - Pippen did know him/her it sure sounded like. I'd bet the alarm in the armory was a distraction to get them outta the guard post. But was the goal to get rid of Pippen or Hope? Or to just make a mess? Could be he/she shot the radio and not Hope to cut off communicatoin?

Guesses? My vote is that there is more than one person involved but I don't know who. Steven? Kelly? Pegs? Saul's Mom?

It was someone that got the silenced pistol out of the bag Bert and Saul had...

Wow... really can't wait until next week.
    Def not sauls mom if the killer shot hope!

Well done on the silenced pistol, I forgot bert and saul couldnt find it in their bag.

phill106 wrote: »
    Def not sauls mom if the killer shot hope!

Well done on the silenced pistol, I forgot bert and saul couldnt find it in their bag.

Yeah my bet is on Steven and Kelly - I think it's a 2 person job. First break into the armory to cause a disturbance and then the other takes out Pippen and Hope/radio.

Either way - is it Monday yet?? :D

I just hope they dont pick 2 randomers as the bad guys, that would be lazy.

I just hope they dont pick 2 randomers as the bad guys, that would be lazy.

Yeah - it'd better be 2 real characters. If they randomly let some nobody be the killer or the accomplice I'll be very disappointed.

1. BAM the radio is toast
    2. Hope is alive
    3. Pippen is dead

Wow... nother great episode. My question is - is the traitor still a traitor to the tower or did he/she just want to take out Pippen so he couldn't identify him/her as being a Maller? Either way - there is still someone in the tower they can't trust. Not sure how Lewis-the-fake-killer idea is going to work either.

Pegs - the chopper pilot? Another wow... I was afraid they were going way off and going w/ Hope or something crazy.

My question is - is the traitor still a traitor to the tower or did he/she just want to take out Pippen so he couldn't identify him/her as being a Maller?.

surely the traitor cant be anyone pipen has seen in the tower as he would have recognised them?
    so anyone that came in contact with pippen in the tower is in the clear

cant think of the name of survivor(male) who made burt (put pressure about one rule for burts friends etc) kick out lizzy , thought he was the obvious traitor , i think he was asked to keep watch of pippen but kicked up a fuss and got off guard duty(probabily so pippen wouldnt see him)
    his name escapes me, think he caused a bit of trouble over some other issues a few episodes ago
    anyone help me?

SUNGOD wrote: »
    surely the traitor cant be anyone pipen has seen in the tower as he would have recognised them?
    so anyone that came in contact with pippen in the tower is in the clear

cant think of the name of survivor(male) who made burt (put pressure about one rule for burts friends etc) kick out kelly , thought he was the obvious traitor , i think he was asked to keep watch of pippen but kicked up a fuss and got off guard duty(probabily so pippen wouldnt see him)
    his name escapes me, think he caused a bit of trouble over some other issues a few episodes ago
    anyone help me?

I think that guy's name was Steven - he helped get Lizzy kicked out of the tower and I'm with ya there. He looks the most guilty to me.

1. BAM the radio is toast
    2. Hope is alive
    3. Pippen is dead

Wow... nother great episode. My question is - is the traitor still a traitor to the tower or did he/she just want to take out Pippen so he couldn't identify him/her as being a Maller? Either way - there is still someone in the tower they can't trust. Not sure how Lewis-the-fake-killer idea is going to work either.

Pegs - the chopper pilot? Another wow... I was afraid they were going way off and going w/ Hope or something crazy.

Also i dont buy lewsis alibi. Ok he was fixing the generator because he was supposed to be doing and he smelt of gas. gas smell would cover smell of firing a weapon nicely wouldnt it?

thought it would have been funny if pippin hadnt been dead, he was just fooling the poor blind girl (hope).

Also i dont buy lewsis alibi. Ok he was fixing the generator because he was supposed to be doing and he smelt of gas. gas smell would cover smell of firing a weapon nicely wouldnt it?

thought it would have been funny if pippin hadnt been dead, he was just fooling the poor blind girl (hope).

phil.... I'm sitting at my desk laughin my butt off about your idea of Pippen foolin' Hope. Thas cold blooded... and I find it hilarious!

And where did this Lewis guy come from?? Don't remember him at all. To bring him in and not even mention Steven is a bit off. Lewis could have spilled a bit of gas on himself to stink and cover his tracks after he shot Pippen.
    Same could go for Riley and the booze... I don't think of her as a killer - but we're really not sure where she came from, exactly, before she got to the tower. Who knows....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I think that guy's name was Steven - he helped get Lizzy kicked out of the tower and I'm with ya there. He looks the most guilty to me.

I think Steven is being used as a red herring to throw people off. He just seems a bit too much like an obvious choice.

I'm thinking Kalani is the traitor. We only have his word that he came from the other tower, plus if we think back to when he was in the arena with Sarah and Datu, Sarah did not know who he was. He was just some guy on the floor. If he was from the other tower Sarah should have known him, especially if he is a distinctive guy due to his size/weight. But with Sarah dead there is no one to say he was not in the other tower as Hope is blind.

Plus it is only since he got to the tower that the Mallers arrived and had the right station for the CB.

I have a feeling that he is a Maller that got captured and taken to the arena and when he was rescued from there along with Datu he bided his time and passed on info to the Mallers.

Which led to the mallers attacking the tower, and if I am right, has led to the mallers leaving their mall just as Michael and the boys were about to attack it.

I also think that he has the Maller convoy enroute to either the fort or the Colony.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

dont mean to piss in anyones' soup, but didn't they take the summer off last year? April or May to September with no updates..

They've not noticed it's now June, so everyone keep quiet!:)

Part three of Our Doubts Are Traitors should be up later tonight with any luck.

peatcass wrote: »
    dont mean to piss in anyones' soup, but didn't they take the summer off last year? April or May to September with no updates..

They've not noticed it's now June, so everyone keep quiet!:)

Was April last year. Was when they reached the end of chapter 12, wheich was the final chapter to be included in the cd version.

Think it is going to be the same this time in that the 12 episode of season 2 (chapter 24) is the cut off. So the 27th June will most likely be the season finale with the third part of chapter 24.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Part three of Our Doubts Are Traitors should be up later tonight with any luck.

It is up in 2 hours and 17 minutes from the time on this post. Just checked their main site and they have a countdown timer to the time it goes up

Anyone else listened to it yet?

So, it seams Saul got fed up with waiting, know how he feels, another two weeks till the next episode.

They found another chopper near at the hospital too, should be interesting, I pridict there will be a returne of the man in the pin-striped suit when they go to get that one.

at first when libby was all gagging and vomiting, i was thinking she was pregnant!
    Still wouldnt rule it out though!
    Bit crazy of saul, he has nfc where she is, and he is still weak and on antibiotics...

I wonder will we come across that skittles guy again?

Very short episode again though :(

Not a great episode. Might be interesting to see what gets expanded upon with regards to ground zero.

I still think that Kalani is the traitor though. Little things that he says seem designed to sow seeds of discontent and he is always on hand with a comment to cast doubt on the abilities of one person or another.

Plus he seems to attach himself to whatever person is in charge and then almost discard them if a new person is in charge.

When Burt was in charge he was openly dismissive of Michael, and treated Burt like a super man, but now with Michael back in the saddle he seems to have no real use for Burt anymore.

The other chopper seems to be in a dangerous spot, my guess is that the mallers are waiting for for the Tower crew to get the choppers and will be waiting for them at the army base.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm new to the Zombie Survival forum, but have been lurking for a while... I saw the link to We're Alive a while back and got hooked, I didn't want to post until I'd listened to the whole thing! I'll probably find it annoying waiting for episodes to be released now though :(
    And where did this Lewis guy come from?? Don't remember him at all. To bring him in and not even mention Steven is a bit off. Lewis could have spilled a bit of gas on himself to stink and cover his tracks after he shot Pippen.
    I think the reason they mentioned him is because there were only four people who were unaccompanied when the alarm went off, and Steven wasn't one of them... Presumably he was with someone else. Although that brings in the possibility that there could be two of them in on it. I hope the traitor doesn't turn out to be a random character we haven't heard of before though, because that would be a bit of a cop out.
    I think Steven is being used as a red herring to throw people off. He just seems a bit too much like an obvious choice.
    Steven was the first person I thought of as well, since he has been nothing but a twat every time we've heard from him, also he was really insistent that he didn't want to go on guard duty while Pippin was there and whinged until he was given something else to do. It does seem a bit too obvious though.

Who can we definitely rule OUT as the traitor? Pippin definitely talked to Angel, Michael, Datu, Victor, Kelly, Tanya (not that she could be the original traitor anyway), who else?
    I'm thinking Kalani is the traitor. We only have his word that he came from the other tower, plus if we think back to when he was in the arena with Sarah and Datu, Sarah did not know who he was. He was just some guy on the floor. If he was from the other tower Sarah should have known him, especially if he is a distinctive guy due to his size/weight. But with Sarah dead there is no one to say he was not in the other tower as Hope is blind.

Plus it is only since he got to the tower that the Mallers arrived and had the right station for the CB.

I have a feeling that he is a Maller that got captured and taken to the arena and when he was rescued from there along with Datu he bided his time and passed on info to the Mallers.

Which led to the mallers attacking the tower, and if I am right, has led to the mallers leaving their mall just as Michael and the boys were about to attack it.

I also think that he has the Maller convoy enroute to either the fort or the Colony.
    This is an interesting idea! I don't remember Kalani and Pippin meeting face-to-face; Kalani was the one who originally saw him on the video monitors, and he was suspicious of him, he told the others to be careful because Pippin had a gun. I don't think Kalani actually went down to meet him at the gate with Angel and Datu though. If Steven really is a red herring, then it is probably also supposed to throw us off that Kalani and Datu went out on a mission just before the alarm went off; though the timing must have been incredibly close because when Michael was telling Angel to look for holes in people's stories, he specifically said to include Datu and Kalani in the grilling.
    Also, if he is a Maller then maybe that is why Skittles recognised him... Skittles had said that he thought Angel and Kalani were 'the bad people' before he rescued them, and Kalani brushed him off quite brusquely when Skittles asked if he knew him.

It could also be Riley, however; when Michael and Angel rushed downstairs to check on Hope, they bumped into her in the stairwell. They asked if she had seen anyone, and she said no. She was one of the people with no alibi. Maybe she got drunk to prepare herself for killing in cold blood? Michael and Angel don't seem to have considered her as an option, maybe because they are close to her and trust her? Wouldn't it make it all the more devastating if she turned out to be the traitor, though, rather than it being a random character we haven't met before? However, she has been in the story since the first episode, which means she couldn't have lived with the Mallers after the outbreak happened. Perhaps she was in jail with them before everything happened, and has some sort of loyalty to them. As DakotaYoda has already said, we don't know anything about her history.

• Advertisement

Fishie wrote: »
    I'm new to the Zombie Survival forum, but have been lurking for a while... I saw the link to We're Alive a while back and got hooked, I didn't want to post until I'd listened to the whole thing! I'll probably find it annoying waiting for episodes to be released now though :(

I think the reason they mentioned him is because there were only four people who were unaccompanied when the alarm went off, and Steven wasn't one of them... Presumably he was with someone else. Although that brings in the possibility that there could be two of them in on it. I hope the traitor doesn't turn out to be a random character we haven't heard of before though, because that would be a bit of a cop out.

Steven was the first person I thought of as well, since he has been nothing but a twat every time we've heard from him, also he was really insistent that he didn't want to go on guard duty while Pippin was there and whinged until he was given something else to do. It does seem a bit too obvious though.

Who can we definitely rule OUT as the traitor? Pippin definitely talked to Angel, Michael, Datu, Victor, Kelly, Tanya (not that she could be the original traitor anyway), who else?

This is an interesting idea! I don't remember Kalani and Pippin meeting face-to-face; Kalani was the one who originally saw him on the video monitors, and he was suspicious of him, he told the others to be careful because Pippin had a gun. I don't think Kalani actually went down to meet him at the gate with Angel and Datu though. If Steven really is a red herring, then it is probably also supposed to throw us off that Kalani and Datu went out on a mission just before the alarm went off; though the timing must have been incredibly close because when Michael was telling Angel to look for holes in people's stories, he specifically said to include Datu and Kalani in the grilling.
    Also, if he is a Maller then maybe that is why Skittles recognised him... Skittles had said that he thought Angel and Kalani were 'the bad people' before he rescued them, and Kalani brushed him off quite brusquely when Skittles asked if he knew him.

It could also be Riley, however; when Michael and Angel rushed downstairs to check on Hope, they bumped into her in the stairwell. They asked if she had seen anyone, and she said no. She was one of the people with no alibi. Maybe she got drunk to prepare herself for killing in cold blood? Michael and Angel don't seem to have considered her as an option, maybe because they are close to her and trust her? Wouldn't it make it all the more devastating if she turned out to be the traitor, though, rather than it being a random character we haven't met before? However, she has been in the story since the first episode, which means she couldn't have lived with the Mallers after the outbreak happened. Perhaps she was in jail with them before everything happened, and has some sort of loyalty to them. As DakotaYoda has already said, we don't know anything about her history.

Listen to the podcast again. Datu and Kalani had not left when the alarm went off. They were questioned about it before they left.

Yep Skittles also reacted badly to Kalani but calmed down once he saw Angel.

I think that the time in the arena is the most damning bit about Kalani. He was in that room with a person from each tower, and neither knew who he was.

But once Samantha was dead (don't know why I called her Sarah in my other post :)), he suddenly said he was from the tower Sam was from. But listen to what Samantha says when Datu asks her about Kalani when they are in the room. She says she does not know who he is and she has not seen her before.

Samantha's version is most likely the truth because we have Hope to back up who Sam was.

I think that Kalani may be a maller who was part of an earlier attempt to blow up the Arena but who failed and was captured.

This also makes sense as the Mallers used the tankers to blow up the tower and if we think back to when Burt, Saul etc first encountered the Mallers, that Scratch made some comment about needing the tankers and how the tankers were the property of the Mallers.

The Mallers being able to be gone from the Mall at the exact time Michael and the boys were attacking is another thing that points to Kalani ratting them out as he stayed behind in the tower when that attack was to happen.

Advertisement