Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cost of tap fitting

Options
  • 22-07-2019 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Looking for a plumber. Midlands area. Where is best to search...yellow pages?

Also anyone give me a ball park figure for replacing a kitchen sink tap? I already have the replacement tap so just fitting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

Looking for a plumber. Midlands area. Where is best to search...yellow pages?

Also anyone give me a ball park figure for replacing a kitchen sink tap? I already have the replacement tap so just fitting.

Do it yourself. Two minute job. Save yourself a hundred euros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

bfclancy wrote: »

Trouble is i had a look at it in the past. Qualplex pipe joins directly to the threaded butt of the tap and it's a nightmare to get at.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Purchase a tap spanner for under a tenner.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

bfclancy wrote: »

I'll have the stop watch at the ready. :pac:

Purchase a tap spanner for under a tenner.

What type as I don't think this one would do

• Advertisement

What type as i don't think this one would do

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I got it done recently.
    Could have done myself but didn't have tap wrench to hand.
    Plumber was €80.
    Tap he fitted had €50 price tag on the box. He probably got it cheaper but it all told I was happy to go that route.

What type as i don't think this one would do

A tap spanner.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

• Advertisement
Advertisement