Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-07-2019, 09:43   #166
KBurke85

One last pick and it was tricker than I thought. Despite the Goalkeepers already selected I had 4 in mind that I would have been happy with any of them. The I have gone for has won the Premier League Golden Glove 4 times, Won 2 Premier League Titles, kept 127 clean sheets in 340 games and has twice been in the PFA team of the season. For a few years at his peak he was right up there with the top keepers in the league.

Joe Hart

Team in Full

Hart
Carr - Agger - Hypia - Irwin
Makelele - McAllister
Coutinho
Salah - Young
Shearer
Advertisement
19-07-2019, 10:02   #167
martyos121

For my last pick, I'll finally fill in my right back position and the player I want in there is a man with plenty or PL experience. Between Chelsea, Portsmouth, Liverpool and Stoke, he's amassed over 350 appearances in the Premier League, most of them playing at a high level. While his strength is going forward and overlapping with the winger, he's still a capable defender in the right system and will link up with former teammate Dirk Kuyt on the right hand side once more, a partnership that's proven to be successful at Premier League level. He'll also be well covered by McGrath on the right side of defence, offering him a tiny bit more freedom to attack.

For my final pick, I'm selecting Glen Johnson.
19-07-2019, 11:16   #168
Trigger
Alright Dave

For my last pick I'm going to pick a rock in the heart of the modern enough Arsenal defence, what he lacks in pace he made up in his impeccable reading of the game during his peak in the League, With the pace of Rio beside I think they will be perfect Foils. 3 time FA cup winner

Per Mertesacker
Thanks from:
19-07-2019, 23:07   #169
dr.kenneth noisewater

Sorry was at the Open all day. Final pick is Richard Dunne, full right up to follow tomorrow
20-07-2019, 01:41   #170
IncognitoMan

My final pick is a two time winner of the golden boot at two different clubs, Leeds and Chelsea.

127 goals and 58 assists overall in the league.

I think the key to getting the best from Ozil it to put good finishers in front of him and letting Ozil have the freedom to create for them. Well they don't come much more clinical than the two I have now.

Welcome to the club Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
20-07-2019, 13:03   #171
correction

Really did not expect this legend to fall to my last pick, especially on this forum. A Newcastle United and Ireland great with over 450 premier league appearances and on the list of most clean sheets in the leagues history. One of the best keepers in the league in his prime, shown by his appearance in the PFA team of the season twice. A keeper with excellent reflexes and a real leader in the backline. With my last pick in the 2019 Boards Draft I select the keeper out of Donegal, Ireland

Shay Given
20-07-2019, 16:44   #172
Dozyart

With 684 career appearances winning 14 trophies, demonstrating versatility by playing at left-back, right-back, centre-back,central midfield....and goalkeeper :

John O' Shea

My team :

----------------------Van Der Sar---------------------

----------O' Shea - Pallister - Alderweireld--------
Silva -------------------------------------------------Riise

---------------De Bruyne---------Barry----------------
------------------------- Okocha------------------------

-------------------Van Persie - Cantona---------------
Thanks from:
20-07-2019, 17:46   #173
Morzadec

My next pick gives me a lot of pace, creativity and trickery to compliment my attack.

A consistent part and important performer of what was (imo) United's best team that made 3 Champions League finals, once Ronaldo left he really came out of his shadow and he had 2 consecutive seasons where he was absolutely superb for United.

He made the 2010-2011 PFA Team of the Year, and to be frank with 14 assists and 9 goals in 33 matches would have been a much more deserving winner of the Player of the Season award that season than Bale. United won the league that year, outscoring the rest of the league with 78 goals and he was a vital part of that attack.

Will play wide right, to give me that little more width and pace, but can also come inside and has a ferocious shot with both feet. Injuries caused him to lose form in his last couple of seasons, but at his peak he was one of the leagues most effective attacking players.

Rounding off my team, is Nani

Final team:

Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2019-07-20 at 5.44.53 PM.png (467.4 KB, 361 views)
(2) thanks from:
20-07-2019, 18:12   #174
jayo26

So my last pick and to finish off my defence is

3 times premier league winner,
Champions league winner,
FA cup winner,

And an all round solid and classy defender he was a rock for man united alongside Stam on the treble winning season.

Welcome to my team of hard working winners

RONNY JOHNSON.

Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-07-2019, 19:10   #175
SlickRic

And finishing my team with a Premier League winner.

Blackburn legend.
One of England's best goalkeepers for a decade.
Could've played for Liverpool, but that was allegedly scuppered by Roy Keane of all people!

Tim Flowers

Delighted with the team.

Flowers
Petrescu Carvalho Carragher Pearce
Cazorla Mascherano Dembele
J.Cole Aguero Hazard
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image