Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Massive haul of PVMs found in Ireland!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,426 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here was the adverts ad - should have gone for it jack Burton! eek:

https://touch.adverts.ie/other-electronics/tube-monitors/18021545

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

How much are they worth individually?

Master of the Universe

Car99 wrote: »
    How much are they worth individually?

50-100 for the 9 inch to 14 inch Sony/JVC/ikegami ones.

150+ for anything bigger. Potentially up to 500+ for any multi format Sony PVMs (I don't see anything that fancy in the photos though)

Nicest looking one I can make out is a Sony PVML4 which is worth a few hundred quid. Intersting looking large JVC one in there too. Will have to have a closer look on a PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

190 x 100 for €600 investment, nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

That ad is up there weeks. I spotted it ages ago but had no way to get them in cork and I’d only just been down there. Think I sent a link to it at the time to a few people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yeah it had been there a while. Think it was the leftovers of that big haul a few years back, Mozie got some of the rgb ones but left the composite ones back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah, I saw that but didn't have the time or money to head down to cork for it.

Nice haul though

Just had a read through the Reddit. They will be for sale on adverts so keep an eye out

Big haul alright but looks like a massive headache!
    Dont think its the same lad mozzie raided.

Master of the Universe

Yeah I think it's a different lad who sold them, anyone who saw that haul would have been all over that 20L4 - it stands out like a massive lump of gold in the middle of everything :D

I'd say the guy who bought them knows what they're worth anyway, see he sold a 6 inch PVM a while ago on adverts for 150.

Hopefully some bargains will come out of it. I wouldn't mind picking up one of those Ikegamis.

• Advertisement

TBH I'm pretty much packed full with CRTs now. I have a Sony tritron and a Panasonic consumer tvs that both need repair. My quad Sony setup is now in storage and my ikegami sitting idle

The only PVMs I'd be after now would be the 20 inch and above size. And those are serious coin

Master of the Universe

I wonder whatever happened to this lot of CRTs??

Was found nine months ago now, would have thought we'd see a few for sale. :(

Advertisement