Imagine there was a tournament (lets say a league) where each of the 6 confederations* submitted one team but got to pick it them from all of their constituent members.
- What would be the ranking of the Confederations from 1-6 after the tournament?
- Who'd be in the UEFA starting XI?
- If this had been a thing in the past then how many different Irish players would have made the UEFA team since 1990?
* The 6 Confederations are:
- AFC - Asia + Australia (since they snaked off from the OFC n 2006)
- CAF - Africa
- CONCACAF - North & Central America and the Caribbean
- CONMEBOL - South America
- OFC - New Zealand, Papua New Guinea plus a load of tropical islands
- UEFA - Europe