Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yoga teacher training course

• 19-02-2019 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi
    I have always had an interest in learning to do yoga, but between life, work and kids have never really had the chance until recently.
    I found the benefits from it great and more and more people are turning to the likes of yoga to help destress. Even though I've only done a few classes I love it. It got me thinking about possibly studying it myself and teaching.
    Can any of you advise what would be the best I need to do to follow this path....
    If any yoga teachers read this what is the one piece of advice you'd give me?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭purethick

I would strongly suggest that you try lots of different yoga styles and get exposure to lots of different teachers too. Here's an ELI5 post on Reddit that list different styles. Personally I'm a fan of Iyengar and Vinyasa.
    The teacher is a crucial aspect, there are some dodgy ones out there. Try and get a personal recommendation if you can.

Once you've explored different styles and teachers you'll naturally know which style (and teacher / teaching style) you're drawn to and may want to go deeper by doing teacher training.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Thanks very much for that going to have a look around my local area now and see what there is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

michdee wrote: »
    Hi
    I have always had an interest in learning to do yoga, but between life, work and kids have never really had the chance until recently.
    I found the benefits from it great and more and more people are turning to the likes of yoga to help destress. Even though I've only done a few classes I love it. It got me thinking about possibly studying it myself and teaching.
    Can any of you advise what would be the best I need to do to follow this path....
    If any yoga teachers read this what is the one piece of advice you'd give me?
    Thanks in advance

I've been doing yoga for about three years now, and I love it to much I wanted to learn more about it, and bring that knowledge to others.
    I'm doing yoga teacher training in Yogahub on Camden Street in Dublin 2 at the minute, it's 200 hours part-time over 10 months. I'm about half-way through as of Feb 19.

PM me if you have questions, I'll help best I can!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭michdee

Thanks so much. I certainly will. What way does it work part time? Is it just one weekend per mth over 10 mths?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

michdee wrote: »
    Thanks so much. I certainly will. What way does it work part time? Is it just one weekend per mth over 10 mths?

It's 12 weekends (Friday night 2 hours, Saturday 6 hours, Sunday 6 hours) over 10 months, and a few extra Saturdays and Sundays thrown in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 omsingh

If you want to police your yoga pratice then there are tons of yoga videas avaialvle over the youtube that you can start from. A few great ones are yoga journal, yoga with Adriene, and also check out reddit . com/r/ yoga.

Advertisement