Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Education

• 24-01-2019 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭

Morning all

Mods apologizes if this is in the wrong section. I am currently in full time employment since i left full time education back in the stone age of 2004 :). I'd like to go back to do a 1 year full time course. However id need to leave employment to do this.

I know very little about assistance or social etc so looking to find out what would I be entitled to in the form of educational assistance, can i claim social welfare for the year while om off ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Whiteladder

dashoonage wrote: »
    Morning all

Mods apologizes if this is in the wrong section. I am currently in full time employment since i left full time education back in the stone age of 2004 :). I'd like to go back to do a 1 year full time course. However id need to leave employment to do this.

I know very little about assistance or social etc so looking to find out what would I be entitled to in the form of educational assistance, can i claim social welfare for the year while om off ?

Thanks

It really depends on two things; 1) Your own personal circumstances, 2) What type of course you want to do.

Can I ask where you live? There is more than likely an Adult Guidance Service near you that could possibly assist you with your queries.

Advertisement