Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Yoga retreat?

• 03-11-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I would love to go on a 1 week / 2 week yoga retreat somewhere lovely and beachy or in the mountains - India, Sri Lanka, Greece? I'm flexible with location, just looking for good yoga classes in a place of natural beauty, that's not crazily expensive.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Hi,

Ive been looking into yoga retreats myself and came across this website for yoga holidays around the world -

https://www.bookyogaretreats.com

It's a site where people advertise their retreats - you might find something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 LuG123

I've used that above site (seablue mentioned) for a couple of retreats. Earlier this year I did a retreat in Bamboo yoga retreat Goa, on Patnem Beach. The location was nice, food there and in the places around it was gorgeous and a variety of experienced teachers who were all different. I really enjoyed all their classes. There was morning meditation, then morning class and then an evening class.
    Also I was at a retreat in Barcelona recently with a fabulous teacher who I would love to go to again. He isn't permanently in Barcelona though as he travels for retreats. The next is in Bali in December and nothing up for 2018 yet. If you want the details of the Bali one in December let me know and I can track down the info for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Thanks, guys! A yoga retreat is something I've wanted to do for a while, now I want to really make it happen. There's so much choice out there, it's a bit overwhelming, so will keep scouting for personal recommendations. Thanks for the info and have a great day! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Fueventura? Lookup Azulfit on web....

Been twice. Great location, great teachers. It can be a bit pricey but you get what you pay for.

7 days of Pilates/Yoga. Vegan breakfast in morning for the 7 days and 5 nights of Vegan dinners plus a dessert. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian but the food was fantastic and cooked freshly every day.

http://www.azulfit.com/

They have two locations in Fueventura, one is down at the beach in corralejo and the other is in a Villa 15mins by car outside corralejo. We always went to the Villa. Renting a car works out only 80-90 euro for week and its well worth it as you can go off and explore island. Petrol from memory over there was only 1euro a litre...If you don't drive they will pick you up from airport and back for fee, it depends on how many the driver is collecting so you can split bill but if its only you then its 40 euro each way I think.

Advertisement