Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masterchef Australia 2019

• 27-03-2019 1:38am

Let the hype begin for the best of the masterchefs and it's 11th season.

Word is this year Matt Sinclair, Poh and Billie will be taking over from Shannon Bennett :confused:

No official air date yet but usually late may or early june.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What channel is it usually on?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Australia only for now. It will be on TV here later this year.

Starting a little earlier this year. April 29th.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

In an odd coincidence, I was watching this last night and recognised an improbably familiar face...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0939358/?ref_=tt_cl_t6

... from Masterchef Australia 2016. People often talk about Alien/Predator crossovers but this is something pretty special :D

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭norabattie

Can't wait, what with MKR finishing this week. Perfect timing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Next week - wooohoo. lol

Auditions showed the best dishes but those are always false dawns they had months to prep them.

Day 2 gold pin guaranteed and they get Stone for steak and chips :D

We forgot this runs Sunday to Thursday for us here so just caught up with todays episode. Holy plot twist :eek:

Nigella week! Can't decide if I like her on it or not - hubbie does :)

Pressure test = roast chicken = weak sauce Nigella really. Even I can roast a moist "chuck" and not resort to butter. Things get greasy enough as they are.

No undeserved eliminations so far imo.

• Advertisement

Actually really annoyed that someone from the yellow team had to go home because Abbie couldn't be bothered to come up with a dish in the relay. Saying that, I think she's going to go really far in the competition.

We've been at this in fits and starts this year, so watching them in 2's and 3's in the evenings with a bit of fast forwarding if it's getting late. So far no one has gone home who didn't deserve to. There is a good level here this year it seems. Tim and Nicole my early favourites at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

It honestly annoys me so much.. the same absolute rubbish every year, she didn't deserve that, and I'm considering giving up on the whole series now.. what's the point in putting so much effort in for nothing

Totally disagree. The worst dish went home. How many times do you have to be in a pressure test tbh.

More catch up today. Can't believe they set the truck on fire :D

Sorry to see
    Tim
    go.

Up to date now. Sorry to see that person go too, Enfilade. He was the first shock elimination.
    I think he
    wasted his immunity pin too early
    to be honest. I fully expected him to go close to finals week.

I want to go to Noosa on holidays. It looked fantastic there. :)

Yep me too - to the spoliers and the lovely Noosa area :)

The comeback episode was great. No surprise at who came back. :o

Mr E wrote: »
    The comeback episode was great. No surprise at who came back. :o

Delighted!

I'm going be very hungry looking Masterchef this week. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Love a bit of Heston!

I think Tim is going to go all the way. He is very talented and so damn likable.

Prince Harry FTW. :)

Another good week. It's getting to the stage where I'm feeling bad about the person going home.

Top 10 now. :)

I think they got that one wrong. Simon should have got the chop there.

Enfilade wrote: »
    I think they got that one wrong. Simon should have got the chop there.

Agree. It's definitely down to favouritism at this stage I think.

Great standard in the immunity challenge.

Tessa is a shoo-in for finals week (and probably the final)

Think I mentioned in previous years I'm not really one for deserts usually but that apple pie in todays pressure looked yum. The right person went home.

Think I mentioned in previous years I'm not really one for deserts usually but that apple pie in todays pressure looked yum. The right person went home.

Yep. Think they have been just sliding through by luck a lot of the time. On winning teams etc

Clever girl. :)

• Advertisement

way too much work lol. But I love when they have to do those tasks. Doesn't seem to be as many of them this year.
    The favoritism for Tessa is very obvious if you ask me also. I would love to see Tim, Derek or Simon win at this stage.

Advertisement