Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Myles Kennedy

• 02-12-2017 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

d90db782-e018-48b1-880f-202fba9fa1ba?w=800

Year Of The Tiger
    The Great Beyond
    Blind Faith
    Devil On The Wall
    Ghost of Shangri La
    Turning Stones
    Haunted By Design
    Mother
    Nothing But A Name
    Love Can Only Heal
    Songbird
    One Fine Day

The long awaited solo album that's been on and off since 2009 (partly due to his commitments with Alter Bridge and Slash) is finally being released March 9th 2018 on Napalm Records.

The album will have 12 tracks and is available for pre-order.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

could be a very good album

i knw some people don't really like his vocal style but the guy is talented and has proven to be one of the best vocalists in rock today

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

PTH2009 wrote: »
    could be a very good album

i knw some people don't really like his vocal style but the guy is talented and has proven to be one of the best vocalists in rock today

It's gonna be very different from what people usually expect from Myles.

First single from Year Of The Tiger, coming Friday.
    Get ready! @MylesKennedy is set to release a video for #YearOfTheTiger, the title track of his first solo album, this Friday!

Video for the title track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

Tie GAA.

A big fat meh from me. In fact, it's just a bit shit.

• Advertisement

^^^ Guessing someone was expecting the solo album to be similar to that of Alter Bridge's albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

it's a grower and not too bad but in fairness this is only a project by the guy won't damage his rep much

Plus it's a concept album dealing with a certain period in Myles life.

Found some more information on Year Of The Tiger after listening to Myles on Eddie Trunk's podcast.
    I realized year of the tiger was 1974, which was the year my father passed away when I was a kid...My family, at that point, were Christian Scientists. So basically, this woman Mary Baker Eddy started this in the 1800s, and the premise is that you don’t go to doctors. You believe that God is gonna heal you. It's very frustrating even talking about it, frankly.

Dad got sick and chose not to go and see a doctor. He died of the appendicitis. He died one night in his sleep because it blew up and gangrene went all over. He didn't know it was [appendicitis] because he wouldn't go and see a doctor. But what is interesting is that he got really sick about eight weeks prior. He was in a lot of pain. So there's a theory it might have actually ruptured then. He may have had gangrene actually for quite a while. But mom woke up one morning and he passed away.

The light has actually gone off for her a little earlier, previous to his death. Because she worked at a nursing home and she realized that a lot of people associated with the Christian Science faith were passing away.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

He is playing the Academy on the 22nd March

• Advertisement

He is playing the Academy on the 22nd March

Officially announced or rumoured?

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Officially announced or rumoured?

Its on his facebook

https://www.bandsintown.com/e/21215961?came_from=127

Also on his website, but that's from the bandsintown, be worth waiting to see it on The Academy's Facebook or Twitter.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Also on his website, but that's from the bandsintown, be worth waiting to see it on The Academy's Facebook or Twitter.

Ah id say it will be announced tomorrow since i think Overdrive said there is a gig announcement at 10am on thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Link taken down from Facebook site, wouldn't be the first time that bandsintown has misled an absolutely terrible app, that aside odd artists page would share the misinformation if thats what it is.

Link taken down from Facebook site, wouldn't be the first time that bandsintown has misled an absolutely terrible app, that aside odd artists page would share the misinformation if thats what it is.

Id say they just jumped the gun when they put it online before it was announced by the promoter

Id say they just jumped the gun when they put it online before it was announced by the promoter

Think it's very unlikely as added an extra date in London for the Friday 23rd.

Lyric video for the 2nd single from Year Of The Tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hot tube productions

It would be awesome to see him with his solo album in Dublin, well, London not too far away as well :)

3rd and I would imagine final single before the albums released in 2 weeks time.

And some live takes on the first 2 singles and a cover of Robert Johnson's Travelling Riverside Blues at Paste Studios in New York City.

• Advertisement

31237163_10155109005222271_2474578792371191808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeEtsarrx78iJsYUQFLSaGsG6vIAD7n9a9Ydt5EDvDAubd4rV-tbXtdcBv5WThpM0tEqis7oAotsKMrlM6r58zWDOzKQCoW3UwHa6ETORLmHQQ&oh=53c6fd6e618932911891530b5b384862&oe=5B651ED0

Sweet, that's the Blues Pills guitarist in support although haven't checked out his solo stuff as of yet.

Mini Documentary.

New album The Ides Of March being released May 14th.

Advertisement